It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw 300 million years old! Who built it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hmm... Well, I suppose, since I can't see or hold or examine it, I'll have to just accept that in my personal judgement, I'll never quite know for sure. I can't personally tell fossil from encrusted metal from a low res web photo.

In this case, the article offers the claim that professionals from more than one relevant field have looked at it and examined it closely. Even run tests on it. So, I suppose that means we're definitely calling this deliberate fraud and not some mistake of judgement.

Incidentally, I've seen pictures of those fossils before. Several times before. I'm guessing most on ATS have by sheer connection to subject matter we're all interested in. They sure do look like screws... Easy to see how one could mistake them. Then again..and here's my quandary, we have 4 paragraphs and a photograph.

Frankly, I just don't have remotely close to enough to make any conclusive call on something like this, either way. So..I'll go and wonder..and I prefer the spark of imagination once in awhile, when it hurts nothing and heck...just might have something. After all, the critters look like screws, but in this case, maybe it's a screw some mistake for being a critter. So much..and so little...to tell from a photo?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Stone is the only thing able to survive. Metal won't, usually it can only last 100 or less years in it's refined form.

So who made it? We of the past did.

"How? That's what I wasn't taught in school?" Some would say that, but let's think, what else have they lied to you about?

Get rid of the history, you get rid of what people remember of the past.

Back then, If we are to compare today with this 300 million year old tech, we will be dwarf in everything.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I love ooparts!

So far I am convinced they are the result of either

A) time travel

or

B) seriously flawed dating techniques...what if carbon 14 dating is totally bogus?

or

C) Earth has had high technology civilizations in the past

or

D) Another species of humanoid visited our planet in the past

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

They do not come in peace, they have no concept of peace as you and i have been taught.

It also works the other way. They have no concept of war as you and I have been taught. They could have an entirely different concept of peace that's way beyond our comprehension. In fact, considering the size of the universe, I will easily say that there ARE intelligent civilizations that are peaceful, and if they could, would visit us peacefully.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I feel the whole idea of cosmic evolution and all the other steps of evolution are a lie, that ancient man was very intelligent and were in ways more advanced than we are today. There's also no proof for e.t life of any kind.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

Thank you!

I was like

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
That looks is a crinoid stem or it could also be a cephalopod, but my money is on crinoid.

Most likely an inside cast. Earlier this year almost the exact same article came out it is a joke of reporting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You also have to remember if it is metal it is not going to fossilize it will stay metal or deteriorate back into the earth.

Edit to add: you all would be amazed with the archimedes screw.

It was a form a byrozoan. the crinoid is related to your modern brittle stars.

Raist

edit on 8/11/12 by Raist because: adding photo and information

You were right mate, since wayyyyyyy back on page one

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Now that is what i call a reply post. I can see the relevance in far more detail. Obviously you took time to gather the information and its most appreciated. So the next thing that's left for me to do is to transfer your articles to the Russians and see if and how it unfolds.

They already said it was iron....which is bold face fraud, so I doubt you will get any kind of a honest reply.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ok so I am going to go with the information in the article being fact.

There is a metal screw embedded in a 300 million rock.

How could it get there?

"Scientists initially thought that the screw was in a farm machine. "

I believe that may be the closest thing to a answer.

Evidently there was a farm environment.

Farmers dig wells. They may have dropped a screw in by accident. Then it may have caved in. Trapping the screw in the ground. Rain may have dissolved the rock or moved enough material around to form a rock from a 300 million powdered rock.

Just my $0.02 with Occam's razor and all.

But keep up the ancient alien theories. Those happen to be my favorite.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm going with a crinoid. I like to collect them along the lakeshore by Lake Michigan. I have found similar crinoid imprints that look exactly the same in rocks before. Sometimes its the inside of one, and it leaves a void like in the picture. Notice, that the lines of the "screw" are parallel and do not show signs of a twist or angle, like in a real screw. Also, crinoids lived during that time of 300 million years ago, so my money is on that. Just my $0.02

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Gawd, some of you are unbelieveable! Anything that cannot be explained is automatically put in the hoax bin or debunked.

No wonder Mankind is so damn stupid but what can I say when so few Earth men can use 10% of their brain!

Agreed!

I think there are members who enjoy debunking threads. No I know there are members who do nothing but try to debunk threads.

If I were you I would have ended my post with a
or a

edit on 12-8-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)
I've read every single post up to this one (page 5) I was going to read to the last one but I feel I need to comment and then I will ask the question I had on my mind.

my comment to the attached post:
I feel if either bluemirage or calveryscout had read every single post so far, like I did *with an open and objective mind*, they would have found a lot of good factual, well presented information to back up the arguement the screw is actually a fossil of a once living creature and not a piece of ancient hardware as claimed by the scientists or person who discovered it.

My question:
I hope I didnt miss this in any of the responses......Has anyone presented evidence that the "screw" in question is metallic? Is it magnetic, conduct electric current? (two tests I could do at home with a magnet and ohm meter)
I'm sure real scientists could validate metallic and invalidate organic in many more and exotic technical ways.Any written or recorded data to back up the metal screw claim?

In closing, put a magnet on that screw!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sorry if this was mentioned, but wasn't there a dig or something somewhere where they found a watch, like a wristwatch without the band and it was buried with some crazy old artifacts or something and no one could figure out where it came from? I think there was a thread here somewhere.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Must be quite a commute from the shores of Lake Michigan to the Severnaya Missle complex

Are crinoids magnetic?

Your imput could prove valuable (see my post above^^)

How about conductive?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

I agree it could absolutely be a crinoid.

However I don't have the specimen in my hand to examine. So I go with what is in the information in the original story because they have examined the object.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
Sorry if this was mentioned, but wasn't there a dig or something somewhere where they found a watch, like a wristwatch without the band and it was buried with some crazy old artifacts or something and no one could figure out where it came from? I think there was a thread here somewhere.
that could have been the junk drawer in my house perhaps?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Carbon dating is not solid fact, you do know this?

Yes, because radioactive decay doesn't exist,
and we couldn't possibly hope to measure it.
It certainly doesn't happen at any regular rate.
The atomic clock is magic.

In fact, atoms don't really exist.
It's probably just god's sweat holding us together.

edit on 12-8-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Statistically Speaking we cannot be the only intelligent life form throughout the universe,

Speaking in statistical terms - you do not know statistics.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is how I see all of this.
It doesnt matter if that screw is 300 mill years old.
It doesnt matter if carbon dating doesnt always work.

Why does it not matter? Because the moment they say carbon dating can be wrong or doesnt work is the day you should think to yourself, what else have they been wrong about?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
I remember scientists dating a shell fish at 30 000 years of age, while the shell fish was still alive

The science of dating fossils and rocks is not a science, more a guesstemation than a science
Anybody who knows science knows that as fact.

www.angelfire.com...

Anybody who uses a young earth creationist site is in no position to talk about Science. Since you think you know it, why don't you get in touch withthese guys and ask them about the flaws in their methods and the degrees of accuracy that can achieve. While there,you might also like to ask about the other radiometric dating techniques.

Hell,you might even learn something.

Yes, that probably would be construed as rude, but it's just a riposte against the slap in the face that the YEC site was.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow.

Really I do not know what to think anymore. At page 7 there are those who still do not believe the facts presented that it is in fact a crinoid fossil. Honestly that sort of crushes my hopes in humanity. This article is the equivalent to the tabloid article about Bat Boy fathering the child of Big Foot.

Really, just continue on with your fantasy and live in ignorance. It is easy to see there is nothing metal about it. Metal would not have survived in that condition and would not have fossilized. If you need proof that badly that there was some advanced civilization or aliens built the human past that you willingly embrace foolish "evidence" than be my guest, live with ignorance. Those claiming it was examined by experts do not understand this is no different than those on the young earth side claiming the fossilized human foot prints beside that of dinosaur foot prints were examined by an expert. Expert is highly subjective and just because you read that someone examined it does not make it so.

However go for it, embrace stupidity at its fullest. Devour it in such a gluttonous fashion that you choke on out right idiotic claims. Ignore education and paleontological science as long as it suits your belief that this is a created piece of material instead of a fossil of a once living creature.

Reply if you want but I am done with the outright acceptance of ignorance in this thread.

Good day.

Edit to add: For what it is worth educate yourself.
en.wikipedia.org...

Not that it matters.

Raist

edit on 8/12/12 by Raist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join