It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw 300 million years old! Who built it?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How do u know they never had computers?

And metal IS a liquid, so is glass, You take a fresh slice of glass, put it into a frame for a window, come back 10 years later, and the base of that window will be thicker, b/c the glass it self is still liquid but not like water, so it takes time for it to droop so to say. Find any old building thats 30+ years old that had absolutely no maintanance and tell me what shape is the glass in, the metal and concrete, not stone, but concrete.

No one KNOWS why the pyramids were built, if it is a tomb then why was it earthquake proof? If people were building it with sticks and stones and some rope, how did they make it to be x-ray proof, it has lead lining inside the stone to prevent x-rays from being taken, how did they do that with rope and sticks?

seriously, why do u have an account on ATS if your only gonna mention text book theories and not FACTS.
Do you not at least have your own conlusions or ideas about OP's picture or the ancients civilization.

And one question for you, do u not believe that 10 000 + years ago, there was a global civilization? and what facts do u have to prove that there was no global network, language and civilization with technology far more advanced then ours?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

And one question for you, do u not believe that 10 000 + years ago, there was a global civilization? and what facts do u have to prove that there was no global network, language and civilization with technology far more advanced then ours?

Well,as a riposte,extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence,so the onus is on you to show proof of this claim.

Back to the OP: as many others - and indeed myself- have said,it is a crinoid.

Speculation and flights of fancy are not evidence, nor is wishful thinking.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by XaniMatriX

Well,as a riposte,extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence,so the onus is on you to show proof of this claim.

Back to the OP: as many others - and indeed myself- have said,it is a crinoid.

Speculation and flights of fancy are not evidence, nor is wishful thinking.

Plenty of threads here on ATS especially recent ones showing some evidence of a GLOBAL civilization, and some of my own field work shows that, there was a civilization with close or higher technical capabilities then us.

If you were to go to Parry Sound ontario there are areas with rocks under water that are in straight lines, and i mean straight and HUGE (i work in construction, so i know when i see a foundation). and those rocks are said to be there even before the natives got there (lots of natives on the islands, pow wows are the best to get old history lessons).-not facts but it still draws a pretty good picture.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

I'd like to know how the dating was done, I didn't see that mentioned in the OP

A good question! As someone else likely mentioned, carbon dating would be useless here anyway because it is primarily used to determine the age of living things. I'm sure the term, "carbon based life forms," is familiar.

For dating rocks they look for the deterioration of isotopes in naturally found radioactive material. I can't remember all the specifics too well, but there are different isotopes that they will look for to determine the geologic age of something. A link to learn more about radiometric dating can be found here:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
...I have seen a lot of the threads on ATS and they are, respectfully, wishful thinking, misconstruction and not evidence of highly advanced ancient civilisations.

But hey, that's all because the archaeologists and palaeontologists etc all have an agenda, isn't it!

Case in point about wishful thinking and misconstruction is this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
...I have seen a lot of the threads on ATS and they are, respectfully, wishful thinking, misconstruction and not evidence of highly advanced ancient civilisations.

But hey, that's all because the archaeologists and palaeontologists etc all have an agenda, isn't it!

Case in point about wishful thinking and misconstruction is this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You saw this thread, i know you did, now if there was no global advanced civilization, why did they all build the same way? why did they all have a similar language? similar mathematics, actually exact same mathematic methods.

Wishfull thinking is "i hope everything they taught us in school isn't bull#"

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
Perhaps the screw isn't embedded in anything. The 'rock' itself could have been a man-made object that became fossilised, and the screw was part of it.
Seriously flawed dating techniques is the most likely explanation, though. How many people have ever questioned the supposed infallibility of carbon dating?
edit on 11-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

Texas A&M did ! They burried a cow bone and dug it up 3 years later and ran Carbon Dating on it and Carbon Dating said it was 5000 years old. And folks go .... REALLY ? And my answer is YES, Look it up yourselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheeplearepeople
reply to post by Threadfall

I'd like to know how the dating was done, I didn't see that mentioned in the OP

A good question! As someone else likely mentioned, carbon dating would be useless here anyway because it is primarily used to determine the age of living things. I'm sure the term, "carbon based life forms," is familiar.

For dating rocks they look for the deterioration of isotopes in naturally found radioactive material. I can't remember all the specifics too well, but there are different isotopes that they will look for to determine the geologic age of something. A link to learn more about radiometric dating can be found here:

en.wikipedia.org...

If we're talking Earth rocks, yes. For meteorites, your best bet is to date the strata in which you found it. You can have an estimate for how long it has been on earth, other than it is pure speculation...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

translate.google.com

In the summer of 1998, Russian scientists who were investigating an area 300 km southwest of Moscow on the remains of a meteorite, discovered a piece of rock which enclosed an iron screw. Geologists estimate that the age of the rock is 300-320 million years.

(visit the link for the full news article)

The screw would have had to be made of some kind of wood in order for it to become "petrified" or would have had to be iron, steel or brass and in molten lava then with pressure and compression in order for it to turn out that way. I would be willing to bet that if you could back that screw out of the housing, you would find rope fiber in the head of the housing that is not petrified.
edit on 8/13/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

translate.google.com

In the summer of 1998, Russian scientists who were investigating an area 300 km southwest of Moscow on the remains of a meteorite, discovered a piece of rock which enclosed an iron screw. Geologists estimate that the age of the rock is 300-320 million years.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Ok, When dating a rock, it tells the age of the rock. The screw could have been put in their anytime from the creation of the rock up until yesterday. The age of the rock remains constant. Following me. Giving the fossilizing of said screw, it would appear old. Your post said "Iron Screw" My question is, why was the "Iron Screw" not dated ? As in the source, the screw was not properly dated. They are assuming that since its embedded in the rock and fossilized, That its just as old. See where I am going ? Once again, this proves nothing.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

You think that noncrystalline means liquid. You are quite mistaken about metals. They are a solid formed out of crystals. Metals are not liquid until they are melted.
en.wikipedia.org...

The idea that glass flows appears to be an urban myth.
en.wikipedia.org...

The notion that glass flows to an appreciable extent over extended periods of time is not supported by empirical research or theoretical analysis

No one KNOWS why the pyramids were built, if it is a tomb then why was it earthquake proof?

And now you repeat more myth. Archaeologists know that pyramids were a part of a funerary complex. The exterior complexes at Giza have long since been destroyed. In Mesoamerica people WERE found in pyramids.
www.azcentral.com...

There are pyramidiots that spout all sorts of nonsense about pyramids.

If people were building it with sticks and stones and some rope, how did they make it to be x-ray proof, it has lead lining inside the stone to prevent x-rays from being taken, how did they do that with rope and sticks?

That sounds like a pyramidiot claim.

seriously, why do u have an account on ATS if your only gonna mention text book theories and not FACTS.
Do you not at least have your own conlusions or ideas about OP's picture or the ancients civilization.

I have clearly stated that the bolt claim is a hoax. Read the thread. Then try checking your claims before spouting mistakes.

There was no such global civilization. Where is the evidence of anything at all of a previous advanced civilization?

Were they making radios and cars out of bamboo, twine, and cocoanuts?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Plenty of threads here on ATS especially recent ones showing some evidence of a GLOBAL civilization, and some of my own field work shows that, there was a civilization with close or higher technical capabilities then us.

If you were to go to Parry Sound ontario there are areas with rocks under water that are in straight lines, and i mean straight and HUGE (i work in construction, so i know when i see a foundation). and those rocks are said to be there even before the natives got there (lots of natives on the islands, pow wows are the best to get old history lessons).-not facts but it still draws a pretty good picture.

So your evidence, which you have no substantiated, of an advanced civilization is rocks in straight lines?

That's simply hilarious. The Egyptians, Sumerians, Olmecs, did a little better than that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You saw this thread, i know you did, now if there was no global advanced civilization, why did they all build the same way? why did they all have a similar language? similar mathematics, actually exact same mathematic methods.

You sure know how to throw a cow chip, eh?

Buildings are made in a multitude of forms.
Languages across the globe are all quite different.
No one was developing mathematics the same way.

There is no writing or math before the Sumerians began to write.

Please provide some evidence for these preposterous claims.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

Texas A&M did ! They burried a cow bone and dug it up 3 years later and ran Carbon Dating on it and Carbon Dating said it was 5000 years old. And folks go .... REALLY ? And my answer is YES, Look it up yourselves.

I won't look this up. You want to make this claim stick please provide a link.

I believe you are repeating some lie from some creepy creationist. I know how they can lie. I have been to a number of lectures given by creationists.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

You sure know how to throw a cow chip, eh?

Buildings are made in a multitude of forms.
Languages across the globe are all quite different.
No one was developing mathematics the same way.

There is no writing or math before the Sumerians began to write.

Please provide some evidence for these preposterous claims.

First off, the whole glass thing, no one can define it as a liquid or solid, because no one really knows what category it actually fits into, and that's from your "link" you provided. About the bottoms, well u got me there, it was just the method some people used when making glass.

Second of all, This planet WILL eat all plastics and metals if you give it 100+ years without maintanance. So no evidence will be found of any Electrical technology.

3rd of all, what am i made of money to travel the world and look for my self, i got a job and rent to pay, the time i have i actually go out hiking and do some small private research. im telling you from what I saw, and from what I experienced, which is more then what you have to say, wiki this wiki that, good one.

False they all used the golden number to design and build their buildings (Phi, 1.618, the Golden Ratio), the languages the Sumerians used is found around the globe, with certain differences depending on the culture.

Provide link for this and that, dude, go out there and take a look for your self, even if people provide you with links your gonna deny it anyway, that is where your mind is set.

The fact that people say pyramids were built for funeral purposes, is just a guess, oh no someone found a body in a pyramid that means it was buried here, so that means it must be for funerals. pffffft.

edit on 13-8-2012 by XaniMatriX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

First off, the whole glass thing, no one can define it as a liquid or solid, because no one really knows what category it actually fits into, and that's from your "link" you provided. About the bottoms, well u got me there, it was just the method some people used when making glass.

You are wrong on almost every count and trying to weasel out on this one is not happening.

Second of all, This planet WILL eat all plastics and metals if you give it 100+ years without maintanance. So no evidence will be found of any Electrical technology.

Simply not true. There are metal ornaments from thousands of years ago and they were not maintained. Plastics will last even longer. Where did you get this strange notion?

Here are some stats on the life expectancy of discarded materials. This is based on exposure to the elements
www.dot.state.pa.us...

3rd of all, what am i made of money to travel the world and look for my self, i got a job and rent to pay, the time i have i actually go out hiking and do some small private research. im telling you from what I saw, and from what I experienced, which is more then what you have to say, wiki this wiki that, good one.

In other words you make stuff up as you go along.

False they all used the golden number to design and build their buildings (Phi, 1.618, the Golden Ratio), the languages the Sumerians used is found around the globe, with certain differences depending on the culture.

These are such baloney claim.
1. The Golden Ratio is found in some cultures - not all as you so falsely claim.
2. The language of Sumer is found in only 1 place: Sumer.

The buildings all over the world use all sorts of different construction methods.

Provide link for this and that, dude, go out there and take a look for your self, even if people provide you with links your gonna deny it anyway, that is where your mind is set.

The facts are clear. You are wrong on almost every count.

The fact that people say pyramids were built for funeral purposes, is just a guess, oh no someone found a body in a pyramid that means it was buried here, so that means it must be for funerals. pffffft.

It's not a guess. You are the person guessing and you are doing very poorly.

I did not say it was used for funerals. I stated it was a part of a funerary complex.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Will metals last over a hundred years in the ground?

Here is a link to 2000 year old coins in the ground and they lasted.
www.coinlink.com...

Here is a link to metal swords unearthed in Europe that are 3000 years old.
www.weapons-universe.com...

Here is a link to metal objects recovered from the mounds of Ohio that are 2000+ years old.
en.wikipedia.org...

Pffft to the last 100 years fairy tale.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Will metals last over a hundred years in the ground?

Here is a link to 2000 year old coins in the ground and they lasted.
www.coinlink.com...

Here is a link to metal swords unearthed in Europe that are 3000 years old.
www.weapons-universe.com...

Here is a link to metal objects recovered from the mounds of Ohio that are 2000+ years old.
en.wikipedia.org...

Pffft to the last 100 years fairy tale.

Those are fakes, the swords and coins, they are fakes. If they were to be built out of stone, i would have believed you, but those are not real, the ones that do last have been passed from generation to generation and were very carefully taken care of.

The coin link you sent me i cannot even read the full article cause it doesn't work, but that means they would have had to dig half a human height into the ground to find a coin in that condition after 2000 to 3k + years? cmon, you dont believe in that 300 million year old screw but this coin, oh man this is the one eh?

The last link you provided says nothing about metal, they found some axes but it prob has nothing to do with the natives,it even says there they used stones, wood, and marine conch us their main material for tools, seriously man, i dont buy into this bs. and stop posting wiki links.

And those "startling statistics" you posted.
Plastic Jug - 70 years
Plastic Film Canister - 20-30 years.

so yeah, if we were looking at a civilization 10 000+ years, yeah i think that stuff will be way gone before its time.

Make stuff up? no, its stuff i saw, and what i experienced, your giving me links to other stuff people made up and you eat their info b/c they gots a diploma.

Golden ratio, not many cultures have been found but the ones that are dated past 10 000 years, ALL OF THEM USE GOLDEN RATIO!!!

If im guessing, how do u know that im doing bad, if every info you provide is of people taking guesses, the only difference is i dont publish, if i did, you might actually take into consideration right?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Since this has been moved to the Hoax Bin and i surely hope there was valid reason for this move as links supplied to me are leading me to a an eye opening outcome of individuals who are not some crack pot who has written some online journal but rather is renowned figure within the ufo community on a national level. So ill keep pushing and see how this all ends up.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

but rather is renowned figure within the ufo community

It fascinates me how that is supposed to be a good thing.
Anyway, the most "serious" people in the UFO community are those who take strange observations seriously and find out what it is. Usually they do dig out an explanation that is very natural. In rare cases they do not, and they also can't tell that it is fake. That in itself does not mean anything either. It does not mean that the observation has something to do with aliens.

Second - have you completely ignored the content in your own thread? We know what it is.
Again, if this was taken up by a "UFO specialist", that "UFO specialist", if serious, would also know what that is by now.

Don't be ignorant (look at the logo of this site and read it).

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join