It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw 300 million years old! Who built it?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This may anger some of you or it may make you scratch your head.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

So someone else has done a copy and paste of the google translation. So what?

Repeating a hoax adds nothing to the discussion.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

So someone else has done a copy and paste of the google translation. So what?

Repeating a hoax adds nothing to the discussion.

Don't be suprised if you switch on the t.v. and see this story blazing away, oh and yes, perhaps you might even hear a mention of ats while its being reported.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Just because a place that posts unreliable stories repeats an unreliable story you suggest it is meaningful?

You're kidding aren't you?

Thinking that someone posting a Google translation with obviously poorly translated material of a find in which the names of the researchers are not mentioned is meaningful?

That is as laughable as the claims in the ludicrous story. The story says that it was foun din 1998 and yet no mention of it till now. That is a hint that this is a typical baloney story. Even the frauds that put old wood on Mt Ararat didn't wait over a decade to pull off their idiotic stunt.

Repeating a dead beat hoax is not useful. It happens all of the time. People pick up lies and hoaxes off the internet and repost them. Hey wait - that is what was done in this thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I'd like to point out, I am not XeroOne, you've made that mistake twice.
Secondly, I never said carbon dating was used, I was clearly making the point it was NOT used (the method isn't said in OP and given that its over 60,000 years old it can't be)
edit on 13-8-2012 by Xertious because: phone typo

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
reply to post by GenRadek

Must be quite a commute from the shores of Lake Michigan to the Severnaya Missle complex

Are crinoids magnetic?

Your imput could prove valuable (see my post above^^)

How about conductive?

Let me tell you, it aint so bad flying in on the MiG-39.
O'Hare's approach is a little crowded but once the stealth kicks in, I can land that puppy anywhere I please!

magnetic? I'd say it depends on the minerals that the crinoid was replaced with during the fossilization process. A fossil can be made from many types of minerals, including iron containing ones. All depends on what was around it during those millions of years.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by XaniMatriX

That is a good one, if you were to leave this planet alone without any humans on it for 10 thousand years, it would make us look like primates, nothing would be left. maybe someone will find a baseball bat and write text books about the greatest discovery of the first "ancient" weapon found.

This planet will eat a city in a 100 years, 500 years you will only see green hills. How can someone bring you evidence, when its all been destroyed (by humans and nature), or it has been hidden away ( like the pyramids in china)

Bring me proof that shows absolutley un deniable evidence that our ancestors from a million years ago we apes?
Bring me 100% proof of what an actual dinosaur looks like and behaves like?

Your claim that objects are destroyed so quickly is laughable. The pyramids at Giza are over 4000 years old and easily found. The pyramids of Saqqara are older. Beautifully crafted paleolithic stone tools are older and well documented.

What we do not find is ancient examples of glass, ceramics, plastics, metals, etc. showing an advanced ancient civilization.

Who were our ancestors? They were primates. The evidence is well documented. What isn't so clear is the definitive relationship between all of these species.

What do dinosaurs have to do with anything? Nothing.

Metal, plastic and glass are liquids, give it some time and nature will eat at it, metal will turn to dust after being eaten away by rust, plastic would slowly turn back into its original form, and glass will do the same. Pyramids are built out of lime stone, it holds its shape and dimensions really well and for a long time, unlike glass or metal.

No one still knows how they were built or why, no one has FACTS towards the history of all the pyramids on this planet, they were built to last, not our structures today, the high rises and cars and cell phones, they are all built out of material that will perish in 100 years without maintanance.

The only reason why i mention the dinosaurs because it is the perfect example of false information being sold as fact, and people like you eating it up like a buffet. There is absolutley no FACTS about our civilization past 10k years, even if u find a skull and its 3000 years old, no one will have a slightest idea of what that being spoke like, lived like, and looked like, and no one will know for a fact if that being knew what a computer is or not.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I'd like to point out, I am not XeroOne, you've made that mistake twice.
Secondly, I never said carbon dating was used, I was clearly making the point it was NOT used (the method isn't said in OP and given that its over 60,000 years old it can't be)
edit on 13-8-2012 by Xertious because: phone typo

You're right I got confused, your names are very much alike. I apologize.

-Alien

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Metal, plastic and glass are liquids, give it some time and nature will eat at it, metal will turn to dust after being eaten away by rust, plastic would slowly turn back into its original form, and glass will do the same. Pyramids are built out of lime stone, it holds its shape and dimensions really well and for a long time, unlike glass or metal.

Limestone is soluble and soft. The pyramids you mention are shorter today than when they were built due to erosion. Rock breaks down. The granites of Yosemite in California lose an inch a century to erosion. Everything breaks down.

PS Metal is not a liquid. It is a solid in most cases. Plastics and glass are solids although they do not usually have crystalline forms.

No one still knows how they were built or why, no one has FACTS towards the history of all the pyramids on this planet, they were built to last, not our structures today, the high rises and cars and cell phones, they are all built out of material that will perish in 100 years without maintanance.

I'm sorry, that is not correct. We know why the pyramids were built. They are part of the funerary complexes in many places. They were built to last? All of them? You are quite mistaken if you think plastics only last 100 years. You are quite mistaken if you think that metals only last 100 years.

The only reason why i mention the dinosaurs because it is the perfect example of false information being sold as fact, and people like you eating it up like a buffet. There is absolutley no FACTS about our civilization past 10k years, even if u find a skull and its 3000 years old, no one will have a slightest idea of what that being spoke like, lived like, and looked like, and no one will know for a fact if that being knew what a computer is or not.

You mentioned dinosaurs as a distraction when you are so wrong in so many ways. You are correct about civilization having a starting point. If you care to look up the word civilization you will find that the word is different from culture. The one thing we can be certain of is that no one 3000 years ago knew about computers.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Who knew aliens use the same building materials as we do i would of thought they would have diff materials than we do with there advancements so much higher than ours.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Antikythera mechanism

2nd

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
Perhaps the screw isn't embedded in anything. The 'rock' itself could have been a man-made object that became fossilised, and the screw was part of it.
Seriously flawed dating techniques is the most likely explanation, though. How many people have ever questioned the supposed infallibility of carbon dating?
edit on 11-8-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

Fossilization takes a seriously long time. Longer than man has been using iron. Your explaination does nothing to take away the mystery here.
I would question is this really a screw or just iron in a rock.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'd like to know how the dating was done, I didn't see that mentioned in the OP. According to this website carbon 14 dating becomes ineffectual to date anything older than 60,000 years, and in fact cannot be used to date rocks directly at all. Though, admittedly, I am not an expert.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420

Originally posted by Signals
I love ooparts!

So far I am convinced they are the result of either

A) time travel

or

B) seriously flawed dating techniques...what if carbon 14 dating is totally bogus?

or

C) Earth has had high technology civilizations in the past

or

D) Another species of humanoid visited our planet in the past

Or its a common formation within rocks. IE Not a screw.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MassOccurs
Anyone who takes a serious look at this universe and comes to the conclusion that humans are the only life form with technological intelligence loses all intellectual credibility as far as I see it.

So you give more intellectual credibility to speculation than you do a reasonable, logical assessment of the available evidence? Because as of this date, humans on Earth are all we know about when it comes to technology. If you have something besides daydreams and speculation to refute that, I'm sure we'd all like to see it.

edit on 13-8-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryFan

I guess this just speaks of the simple elegance of the screw.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

i saw the "spaceship" but was that a shooting star also? or a Missle?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

If your referring to the vid and the ufo that changes direction right before the burst of light is visibly seen coming from the earth, then no it wasn't a shooting star and yes, the light burst was of terrestrial origin and how much of a coincidence that an object on such a path has the ability to turn and alter direction on a dime right before the burst of light. Well we certainly do not have that known capability as propulsion but we certainly have plasma weapons, that is if this was a plasma weapon.

Plasma Weapons

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

What did that video have to do with the hoax claims of a screw in rock? Nothing.

BTW, it is not possible to determine from the video if the motion of the lineal feature seen in the video is towards or away from the Earth. In fact, I am going to say it was towards the Earth.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I take these types of stories with a grain of salt, not because such things could of not existed that long ago, because when you compare the scale of things and even if you go into the future by 3 or so billion years when our sun goes nova. Well even all that wont even be a drop in the ocean on a universal or galactic scale.

But the story could be fake, and carbon dating is not really all that accurate, but even if it was dated by a few thousands years that still would be something. And on the link it says that the screw is iron so it could be a pyrite iron fossil crinoid, but the link gave the impression it was solid iron, so again who knows. And that in the time that its been in the rock it has sort of fused together on an atomic level and that it has two small balls that have square holes in them, which is not shown on the pictures or at least I did not see them.

What credibility does this story have? Who knows since info is so easily made up, and hoaxes have been done before. Could it be real? Again Who knows, its not like its an impossibility, but if its real then that says a whole lot about our little corner of the universe and of our lot on this spinning globe we call earth. And for all we know given the timespans involved in the universe there could have been countless civilizations and intelligent life that have come and gone long ago on this very planet, or on some other planets in the cosmos. I mean it's not an unfeasible thing to contemplate.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join