It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Christians, do my views make me not one of you in your eyes?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Started off as an Evangelical and ended up a Mystic. Her's my recent set of beliefs.

1. I remembered pre-existing as a Soul, prior to life here on earth and prior to having a body. That sure throws a wrench into the gears of the whole "original sin" theory, considering I wasn't necessarily a SInner in my pre-existant state.

2. Considering all of the NDE's I have read about (roughly 15 books), people of various belief systems experience various forms of Heavens, so I'm on the fence about Jesus being the "Only Way to God"(which is what many other religions claim)

3. I believe Jesus saying the "only way is" through him, means to live a life like him and become like him.

4. Christianity is primarily about transformation, grace, and Ego death which takes you into the direct experiences of the Divine, instead of merely reading about it and having Faith.

5. Ego death is vital to enter higher levels of heaven, considering we are called to deny ourselves and pick up our cross, to die to ourselves daily, and to be Born again of water and of Spirit.

6. We are called to meditate/meditation and explore the inner realms of ourselves and consciousness since Jesus said the "Kingdom of Heaven is within you."

7. If you research "going within", the Buddhists have made a science of it and have hundreds of blueprints of what it means to go within and reach the Absolute State, so really Buddhism is our friend.

8. The Gospel of Thomas, predating all other NT gospels as the earliest known, actually makes much sense if you understand certain philosophical principals and Buddhist Principals and should have been included in the Bible.

9. Since I remember pre-existing, I pretty much cast aside the denominations that don't agree with this, and embrace and follow those that do believe in this, including many of the aspects found in Gnosticism.

10. When Jesus said "I and the Father are One" ...it meant he reached Enlightenment and there were many other Christians after him that also claimed that they and the Father are one, Meister Eckhart being one of them. And this Oneness is possible for all of us.

11. I don't believe Christianity to be an exclusive club, as original followers of Christ were called followers of "The Way", implying a Way to God, or the Way as in the example that Jesus left for us. It could be a way among many.

12. The teachings of Jesus were dumbed down to the masses because what he had to say was completely over their heads. Therefor our versions of Christianity since then has been based on dumbed down teachings.

I ask this because an Evangelical told me I'm a heretic and doomed to hell for my beliefs. I told him "who is he to judge, thou shalt not Judge others, lest ye be Judged." Also I did not ask for remembering pre-existence, and to me it was a factual thing, very real and actual and not a mere belief. The remembrance came from a part of myself that is prior to the imagination faculty. Also other Mystics within Christianity were either burned at the stake or excommunicated, and then later on sometimes 100's of years later exonerated or held in high esteem.

I just wanted to get other peoples take thus far. At the end of the day I love God/Absolute Truth and see Jesus as one of my Teachers among many and as my primary shepherd, when I was lost in this world and he brought be back to a fundamental existence and knowledge of transcendence.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I don't prejudge. Meaning I don't know where you are in relationship with God. I don't know if you are doomed to Hell or any where else. NOT MY CALL.

I think you have mixed various "imaginations" or maybe "enlightenments"
I believe the bible to be right in its teachings excluding of course the mistranslations that have corrupted some of the meaning. I think there is only one way to God which is through Jesus.

I don't believe you have seen your past anything past your birth. I think no one has.

ALL is my opinion only, just giving you a take on what you asked for.

If you are a seeker then you will

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If a christian claims to be a "bible" believing christian than yes, what the man told you would be correct.

As you are saying the Jesus of the Gospels was not correctly portrayed.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Started off as an Evangelical and ended up a Mystic.

I think you answered your own question right here.
edit on 11-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

No I did not say that. Jesus was portrayed accurately.

There are other parts in dispute, and that is what I am referring to. Nothing is the "Bible" is inaccurate. There are translations and some omissions that have a problem with.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Remember, you did ask. According to fundamentalist/evangelical doctrine, you are a heretic. Your "remembrance" of a pre-existence is a lie from the devil himself.

3. I believe Jesus saying the "only way is" through him, means to live a life like him and become like him.

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

He IS "the way".

10. When Jesus said "I and the Father are One" ...it meant he reached Enlightenment and there were many other Christians after him that also claimed that they and the Father are one, Meister Eckhart being one of them. And this Oneness is possible for all of us.

There is much that could be said about this, but it's too lengthy to get into here. Jesus, in his human form made it very clear that he and the father were of one mind, one goal, and one spirit. He also made it clear that he did what he was told to do.
John 5:17

But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

John 6:38

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

I ask this because an Evangelical told me I'm a heretic and doomed to hell for my beliefs. I told him "who is he to judge, thou shalt not Judge others, lest ye be Judged."

Christians are very much allowed to judge circumstances, actions, and doctrinal soundness. Judge not, lest ye be judged is specifically referring to hypocrisy. Christians are to judge righteously, and without prejudice.
John 7:24

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Sorry, you are a heathen, just like most of us on ATS.

edit on 8/11/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
I remembered pre-existing as a Soul...

Reincarnation is bogus and just another ploy by satan to mislead people away from the truth

The people of the world believe this lie because a vast new age bombardment of misinformation.

Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as 'reincarnation past-lives.'"

Reincarnation -- Satan's Second-Biggest Lie

"Why would Satan bother coming up with a big lie about reincarnation? What's the point?"

Mankind has an innate desire to commune with God. It is in our nature, because God put it there. Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as "reincarnation past-lives."

"Is there any evidence that reincarnation is true?"

There IS false evidence that reincarnation is true.

Huh? False evidence of truth? What does that mean?

Suppose you are on a jury trying Smith for burglary, and Smith did commit the burglary. Smith gets on the witness stand and lies—he says he was with his girlfriend all day. Smith has presented evidence. It is false evidence, but it still is evidence.

But what if you believe Smith? You think you reached the correct decision, but it's still false evidence. You leave secure in the knowledge that Smith didn't and could not possibly have committed the burglary—after all, you have evidence. But your decision is based on false evidence.

Reincarnation -- Satan's Second-Biggest Lie

Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, and their core belief of karma and reincarnation, Satan has deceived many people into accepting and believing that by doing good works, a person would qualify to have his spirit elevated from one lifetime to the next in order to eventually reach a state of spiritual ‘enlightenment’.

I believe even rational and logical thinking persons can choose to believe in ‘reincarnation’. This is because they have been deceived by demonic spirits. They are rendered blind to reason and logic regarding spiritual matters.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, Satan and his fellow demonic spirits have deceived many generations of people in large parts of the world into unwittingly allowing their bodies and souls to be possessed. This permits the demonic spirits to 'reincarnate' in them serially.

Satan inspired Hinduism and Buddhism with the core beliefs of Karma and reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation has been debunked by the concept of demonic spirit possession explaining all the ‘evidence’ proffered for reincarnation.
Hence reincarnation is a lie and Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions. They bear the signature of Satan. Source

The only way we can correctly learn about the afterlife, including the subject of reincarnation is to consult the Bible. It alone is the only source inspired by Almighty God. No other book is the proven word of God, though such claims have been made about the following: Book of Mormon, Quran (Koran), Bhagavad-Gita, Avesta, Angas, etc. When the evidence is examined, the findings show reincarnation is a lie.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathametically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Reincarnation Is A Lie

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

No I did not say that. Jesus was portrayed accurately. There are other parts in dispute, and that is what I am referring to. Nothing is the "Bible" is inaccurate. There are translations and some omissions that have a problem with.

Point is their preaching another gospel for salvation, so to a bible believing christian, than yes what the evangelical told the op was correct and they are not one of them.
edit on 11-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

We are called to meditate/meditation and explore the inner realms...

Depends on WHO is doing the calling...

Yoga and meditation are nothing short of pure witchcraft. It is "Witchcraft" because you are summoning pagan gods is witchcraft. Therefore, Kundalini yoga is pure witchcraft because you are using meditation to invoke the powers of cosmic gods. These gods in reality do not exist, except as demons—who are not gods at all!

Any powers which result from the use of any type of yoga is from Satan. Yoga is just another front for Satan worship. If you want power from the Devil, he will give it to you—but you will pay with your soul. This is strictly forbidden in the Bible. We are to trust in God, none other.

LINK

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If you research "going within", the Buddhists have made a science of it... so really Buddhism is our friend.

Religion is anything BUT your friend...

All false religions are illuminati created...

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Source

"...religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! All religious leaders are raised up by Jesus' arch enemy, satan! Link

Satan is behind ALL false religion
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
Deception Through Religion
All false religions are illuminati created

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

No not me. The OP is preaching another gospel. Jesus is the only way! I may have answered the question meant for the OP.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

ok.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

"Since I remember pre-existing, I pretty much cast aside the denominations that don't agree with this, and embrace and follow those that do believe in this, including many of the aspects found in Gnosticism."

Most mainline denominations have been infiltrated so you are partly correct

As far as Gnosticism goes, WHO are you listening to?

“Gnosticism is 6000 years old; Freemasonry is the clubhouse” “Gnostics are Cabbalists who worship Satan.” ~ HOWARD RATCLIFFE

The current Illuminati religion (freemasonry) is based on Gnosticism and the ancient Babylonian mysticism (Satanism?) that he incorporated into his version of Judaism that he was selling (quite literally) to the masses of the Greco-Roman world.

Simon Magus -- The lluminati's Jesus

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I think you answered your own question right here.

Ok, let me fix it then so that labels are more politically correct. Started off as an "Evangelical Christian" and ended up a "Mystic Christian." My own question remains unanswered. Still in my heart I know myself to a degree.

If a christian claims to be a "bible" believing christian than yes, what the man told you would be correct. As you are saying the Jesus of the Gospels was not correctly portrayed. Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

I don't hold the words of Paul in the same esteem as what Jesus was quoted as having. Paul was still a work in progress in his Spiritual Path, while Jesus was complete. If they were both around today, I wouldn't be going directly to Paul for my lessons. Plus there is averse that says the Holy Spirit will teach things that no man can teach. If they are mystical experiences and realities, then they are still in accordance with Gal 1:8

Reincarnation is bogus and just another ploy by satan to mislead people away from the truth

That's exactly what I thought, a few seconds prior to remembering having pre-existed. I didn't say "re-incarnate". Its more so remembering "incarnating."

Satan will use any means available to lead people away from God. He doesn't have to get people to believe there is no god, he simply has to get them to not believe in the Christian God. A simple way for him to do this is with counterfeit religious experiences such as 'reincarnation past-lives.'

God is God, beyond labels. Christian God is a label.

The only way we can correctly learn about the afterlife, including the subject of reincarnation is to consult the Bible. It alone is the only source inspired by Almighty God.

this sounds to me like Dark Ages mentality. Someone said the earth was round so Christians locked him up on house arrest or would burn you at the stake. You have all these NDE experiences by people around thew world, including Atheists, but you completely discard it.

Yoga and meditation are nothing short of pure witchcraft. It is "Witchcraft" because you are summoning pagan gods is witchcraft.

when Jesus was doing his miracles and showing his powers, that's what the Church leaders and status quo said about him, that its witchcraft. If this Craft is done in Jesus name its ok, but if its done from Love and from the heart, but the person is a Yogi, then its from Satan?

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society.

That's why I go by Christian Mysticism. It's experiential and directly accessible. Beyond what any man or book says, it is directly available in real time.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

If a christian claims to be a "bible" believing christian than yes, what the man told you would be correct.

As you are saying the Jesus of the Gospels was not correctly portrayed.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

HAHA! What else would one expect from the egotistical, bigoted, holier than thou, fraud, St Paul, ie;, the Antichrist! He never even quotes the words of Jesus, and makes up his own gospel as goes along, all along promoting his own self righteousness and self appointment as an apostle. If you don't believe Paul, forget about Jesus, eternal condemnation pie is served up!

This verse you cited is the same "hubris" of the first of the 10 Commandment. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me.." HAHA! Built in double blinds are the forte, and are obvious red flags, of the biblical liars!

How can anyone really hope to like Jesus? We can't be born of a virgin. Accordingly, Jesus wasn't 100% human.

We really have no idea what Jesus' life was like before the age of 30. We know nothing of him until he is baptized, by the person he believes is the reincarnation of Elijah, John the Baptist, and goes off into the dessert to be "tempted" or initiated into his position during a vision quest.

The Jesus we know has no home, wife and family, job or money. He goes from town to town, preaching and teaching, depending on the generosity of others. Then he is betrayed and denied by his closet friends, and murdered by an angry crowd.

Is that the way you would want your children to turn out? Is that the role model we should be aiming for?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The only way we can correctly learn about the afterlife, including the subject of reincarnation is to consult the Bible. It alone is the only source inspired by Almighty God.

this sounds to me like Dark Ages mentality. Someone said the earth was round so Christians locked him up on house arrest or would burn you at the stake. You have all these NDE experiences by people around thew world, including Atheists, but you completely discard it.

I agree, I was tempted to leave that part out but didn't because I was quoting someone else. I am a VERY strong believer in most NDE's...

when Jesus was doing his miracles and showing his powers, that's what the Church leaders and status quo said about him, that its witchcraft. If this Craft is done in Jesus name its ok, but if its done from Love and from the heart, but the person is a Yogi, then its from Satan?

Are you not aware that satan and his demons can mimic miracles and in fact that is one of their specialties?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
HAHA! What else would one expect from the egotistical, bigoted, holier than thou, fraud, St Paul, ie;, the Antichrist!

I believe Paul used to be a part of the "elite" and he turned against them and exposed them for what they are. Throughout history anyone who has done this has been attacked and mercylessly killed just like all others that have exposed the TPTB, the money changers, and the Illuminati.

"Please be aware of the anti-Paul movement, it was set up by the foe (today's Edomites) to fordo (destroy) the Israel Insight.

This movement twists what Paul says in order to make him look like a huckster but who are the hucksters in this world? The Jewish Encyclopedia and other jewish writings makes makes it clear that one of the greatest of the foes for Judaism is Paul. The jews spew hatred upon Paul.

“Needless to say, observant Jews objected to Paul, ... whom they saw as the worst kind of heretic. Indeed, because of Jewish complaints against him, Paul was arrested by the Roman authorities, held for a time under house arrest, and finally executed in or around 67 CE (the year of the start of the Great Revolt against Rome in Israel.)” ~ Rabbi Ken Spiro

• To be Anti-Paul is to tear the living heart out of the New Testament.

• To be Anti Paul opens up a Pandora’s Box among people as to what is inspired in the Bible and what is not. The Canon is a sacred Ark, man’s unsanctified hands are not to touch it. Will this foolishness never end? QUESTIONING GOD’S WORD DENOTES UNBELIEF!

• To be Anti-Paul lays that person open to the full force of Rationalism, Modernism, and “doubt” far worse than any NEO-ORTHODOXY ever dreamed of!

• To be Anti-Paul is an outright denial of the Providence of God in settling and arranging the Canon of Scripture as we know it. Of this Scripture the God of Israel is most jealous! The whole question is: MAN’S MOUTH versus GOD’S WORD!

The Anti-Paul Movement is Jewish

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The Jesus we know has no home, wife and family, job or money. He goes from town to town, preaching and teaching, depending on the generosity of others. Then he is betrayed and denied by his closet friends, and murdered by an angry crowd. Is that the way you would want your children to turn out? Is that the role model we should be aiming for?

Well, considering I remember pre-existing, then I am not actually from here, the way the majority of people believe themselves to be. Going further, all my nationalism and all other relative likes/dislikes are also part of this system and the worlds programming ....all of which is not the original me.

So then I too am a passerby and I guess in a sense am called to remind others that none of us are from here. I risk angry mobs and individuals wanting to kill me if I told them that ultimately, all your relativity is a brainwashed illusion.

But also, remembering that I am not from here, really makes physical death no big deal. I cannot deny nor would I ever hide my remembrance of having pre-existed. Even if someone wanted to kill me for it, I cannot deny that I had that remembrance.

Through my meditations and experiences from Spiritual activities, including the Christian one's, I've come to experience various Blissed out and Transcendent states that free a person from their own body and mind and bring you back to a childlike awe and wonder. Wouldn't trade these things for the world, but others want to kill for threatening their self imposed mind prison.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I believe that we all just passing through. But, I also believe that we are here to live our lives, confront our challenges and enjoy the fruits of our lives, not mold our lives around sacrifice and suffering, longing for death and destruction.

We forget our past lives because of grief and trauma, we forget our heavenly home, because remembering would make life unbearable to endure.
edit on 11-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Well, considering I remember pre-existing, then I am not actually from here . . .

We are all from nowhere, and are now all somewhere, since what you remember was before there was anywhere.
edit on 11-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join