It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You do realize that Vietnam is actively courting US bases there...again. Don't you? They’re scared of China and are looking now for a possible protector.

Not as scared of China as you lot are, how many threads are created along the lines of ¨the chinese are planning to invade us¨, many.

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” Sound familiar?

Sums up my love for Iran perfectly.

And that they are realizing that the Marxist paradigm is not working as planned?

And that is based on what exactly? Reasoned understanding of the internal politics of Vietnam, or what you think works best in this discussion to preserve your national image? I bet on the latter.

The North Vietnamese military leadership admitted that they could not take on the US even in a limited capacity, which the US actually fought.

But they did, and they won. It´s like Russia stating they could never liberate the Abkhazia and South Ossetia republics a year after they comprehensively crushed Georgia.

If the US fought Vietnam as they did WW2, China would be scared [snip]less. Heck, history already shows that they already are.

The US Dropped more bombs on South Asia than every participant in WW2 combined. Seems to me like you did try and fight them like you did in WW2. And you lost.

As for China, since they made most of the electronic chips in your hardware, can sneak up on your most advanced naval assets without being detected, and now can sink your beloved carriers from miles inland, I doubt they are even remotely phased by you. That, and they can just crush your economy to bankrupt you out of any conflict. But don ever let silly things like facts get in the way of tubthumping.

Where's that collective now?

Still there and just as inept.

I see that in the short span of this thread you are still not a student of history. War is so much more than dropping bombs on people.

But apparently you are just a PSYOP guy from some country doing your job.

Next PSYOP Guy for the fodder? This one is lame. And inept.

It takes one to know one.
edit on 11-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by binkman

200 years I will be dead but hey when is someone going to admit their own oh like how the sun never set on the British Empire and the problems of today were created by them?

Oh never.

They aren´t our problems. Ask your shell shocked suicidal troops

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Why do I smell a China PSYOP all over this thread all of a sudden?

He sounds like a recent member recently banned.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

You sound like someone so desperate you have to throw accusations.

You have my pity.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

dont mention those willing to die to get into America, one way or the other

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

200 years I will be dead but hey when is someone going to admit their own oh like how the sun never set on the British Empire and the problems of today were created by them?

Oh never.

They aren´t our problems. Ask your shell shocked suicidal troops

Yeah they aren't your problems just sit back and let someone else do all the work then just sit back and cry about it just like England did during WW1,WW2 then got scared at stalin and formed nato,and then begged for US bases in England and Eastern Europe to save them from the big red scare.

Here is an idea go ask ATS posters just how shell shocked or sucidal they are lot of servicemen on ATS.

edit on 11-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yeah they aren't your problems just sit back and let someone else do all the work then just sit back and cry about it just like England did during WW1,WW2

You mean like the way we were the only country that didn´t get invaded by the Germans and fought alone with the smallest army in Europe until the US arrived into the war? You make out like we asked you to join, you only joined because Germany declared war on you.

then got scared at stalin and formed nato

NATO is American. Also, we were the ones proposing going to war with the USSR, it was the Americans who didn want to. Nice try though.

and then begged for US bases in England and Eastern Europe to save them from the big red scare.

I think you mean Bases for Destroyers, it was a precondition you forced on us knowing we couldn´t build the ships in time, we had no choice. We certainly didn´t beg for them. As for Eastern Europe, that was all the USSR so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, but you think you won the war in Vietnam so anything is possible with you.

Here is an idea go ask ATS posters just how shell shocked or sucidal they are lot of servicemen on ATS.

Don´t need to, they are happy to tell everyone about how they were damaged when they volunteered for the criminal US Military industrial complex.
edit on 11-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
More power to the people, that's what the US needs. Not an even more powerful government.
And I guess every government sucks anyways basicly but just look; they don't give a damn about the people (the government), which is even more clear in the US then in my country. 1 of 100 people in prison for example.
Always looking for evil and doing evil things herself many more times.

At least I can listen to Kansas!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I admired the "old" United States as a beacon of light for the free world.

But the U.S. lost her way. The former home of the brave and land of the free doesn't exist anymore.

I feel that escpecially as a friend of the United States it's our obligation to criticize.

So nowadays being "Pro-American" sometimes might appear as being "Anti-American".
edit on 11-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by TDawgRex

I admired the "old" United States as a beacon of light for the free world.

But the U.S. lost her way. The former home of the brave and land of the free doesn't exist anymore.

I feel that escpecially as a friend of the United States it's our obligation to criticize.

So nowadays being "Pro-American" sometimes might appear as being "Anti-American".
edit on 11-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Stockholm Syndrome really bites the Germans hard doesn´t it?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Obviously, Anti-Americanism, is still alive, and will never go away. As long as the detractors, continue to hide behind the fact, that they are willing players, in the definition, regardless on how they want to construe their views.....

nobody is gonna fix it Sonny, its how the politicians keep their constituents...this is sad

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You sound like someone so desperate you have to throw accusations.

You have my pity.

I'll take it!

Gotta get it while ya can, don't ya?
My family gives me none, they insist that I stand on my own two feet.

What is this "Pity" by the way? Can I I redeem it at Gander Mountain?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

I'd rather call it loyalty.

We owe a debt of gratitude to the U.S., because they helped to overcome tyranny twice in our history.

What's wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

Now that I can get behind.

Constructive criticism. Everyone needs it. If couched correctly, it makes one think.

But no one needs to be attacked in the form of constructive criticism as it will never be taken as such.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
reply to post by binkman

The NVA did not defeat the U.S. military, the NVA defeated the ARVN.

The U.S. decidedly won every substantial military engagement with either the NVA or its Vietcong proxy between 1965 and 1973.

The U.S. had been long gone for 2 years when Saigon fell.

It is impossible to take your point seriously if you don't understand the historical events you are trying to comment on.

I think you need to study some "Real History" and not US Propaganda :-

www.g2mil.com...

Why are Americans so easily lead with the rubbish they are told?

The reference you posted is ridiculous, Linebacker II was a failure huh?

Propaganda indeed, my statement still stands.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Just remind me when The US "Joined In" WW II I believe it was 7th December 1941. Britain had been fighting since 3rd September 1939, a full 2 years and 3 months before The US. And you call that "Sitting back". What a complete ignorant fool you are.

As for US bases in the UK i suggest you do some research. The US ASKED Britain if they could place bases in the UK because the US was afraid of the Russian Bear. They asked Britain also of they could put bases in British Territories of Ascension Island and Diego Garcia.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

No same here in Holland, at least for me.

He made a good point.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by sonnny1

The purpose of this thread is not to inflame. The purpose is for everyone who has something negative to say about the United States, to take a step back, and realize that those who live in the United States, are average, hard working, and want Peace. Criticism and blame, and blind Hatred has NEVER stopped the United States, and NEVER will.

Where do you stand ATS ? Have you played a part in it?

People in the United States want PEACE? Huh? Try running for office and telling the average American that you'll be cutting the laughingly called "defense department" budget by 50% (which will still keep it larger than the top 10 spenders combined) and see what sort of reaction you'll get.

America would not need such a large defense budget if we were not looked at as the international police. Let the SHTF somewhere, who does the world call for to spring into action? It isn't England.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Well, the USG "asked" and was granted permission. If the UK said, "Get out", I'd have no problem with that either. There will be other countries that want the buck after all.

That said, I love the UK and have had great times there. I hope that we will be forever allies...but hopefully more than that someday, maybe brothers and sisters.

As long as you'll agree to be our next three States.

Hey, it has to be three, otherwise the flag will be all lopesided.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have just two things to say:

We beat the crap out of you in the Olympics.
We landed on Mars.

Anything else???

Bam baby!

edit on 11-8-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join