It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All this vile hatred, the irrational baseless hatred has caused some change since this thread started.

I've found myself coming more to the defense of America and have more appreciation for the country than ever before.

Keep it up, haters! You'll have me waving the flag next!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobjones
Has anyone here read the book by Machavelli? "The Prince" when your in power, you do what you do, to keep it. in a group of chimpanzees, the dominant male, will throw s*** at lower ranking males and rough them up, then he will go around and shag every chip gal in site. We are America, we are the dominant chimp, CATCH!

But that would require you to be financially independent, any dominant chimp would need to be able to make decisions without having to consult a higher power. We all know that you now play second fiddle to China, so I hate to think of what kind of # will be heading your way before this decade ends.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The childish jibes and personal attacks stop here.

Post bans (or worse) pending

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
for you to say that we are playing second fiddle to china, is to say that you believe, without a shadow of a doubt, the mainstream theory you are provided. In todays world we are force fed MSM news. They can move and hide the money all they want, telling us where its going and how its being spent, that doesnt mean its true. We are still financial giants, the government is just hiding it from the people. The world, is hiding the truth from the people

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
All this vile hatred, the irrational baseless hatred has caused some change since this thread started.

I've found myself coming more to the defense of America and have more appreciation for the country than ever before.

Keep it up, haters! You'll have me waving the flag next!

This will eventually cause the US Americans to group together stronger, causing a rise in the demands for your country to become isolationist again, giving the world what it wants; freedom from US American interference.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In order to answer the question on whether Anti-Americanism is a credible position to take, maybe it's best to compare the world today with a hypothetical world where America never existed.

Two scenarios:

1. New World was never colonized. Europe continues to fight internally over resources. No philosophical/ scientific revolutions. No industrial revolution.

Or maybe all of these revolutions take place among Native Americans or some other culture?

Main point: Western/European dominance originates in American colonization. If you are at odds with being in a top tier nation, well, I don't know, move to Morocco?

2. America remains a British colony. I'd imagine that if this had been the way history played out, then the world today would be under the British crown in entirety. Maybe that's taking it a bit far, but where would the anti-imperial incentive have come from? Or maybe England would have been satisfied owning America and never went into Africa and Asia, but I find that doubtful.

This hypothetical is worthless.

The existence and evolution of the United States of America is the key factor in progressing toward a world of complete international cooperation. Every other nation on Earth has developed along ethnic lines. How can you be against the most powerful nation being the only one that has any true diversity? Economics and warfare aside, America's population is what sets it apart and what makes it the most attractive country for immigrants and scholars.

If you are ruminative about negativity toward America you are disrupting your potential to prosper in society.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

If you entertained the idea that you are not all knowing, and that world powers havnt acutally provided us with all the information, then it is easy to see that we may have been lied to. all of us.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MassOccurs

I have often felt that we are indeed a British colony. At some point during the revolutionary war, maybe Britain stepped back and said, hey, maybe they would be useful allies later on, and thats what we are , as taxed and oppressed as ever.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

If you entertained the idea that you are not all knowing, and that world powers havnt acutally provided us with all the information, then it is easy to see that we may have been lied to. all of us.

I just call what I see. And I see the US government riding roughshod over the world and its people, completely unabated and the US Population being completely ambivalent about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Lets agree to disagree.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobjones

Yeah, I think it's pretty likely that the British aristocracy retained a significant influence in America that continues today.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Lets agree to disagree.

No, how about we agree that your government is an international criminal organisation backed by an organised military of thugs and your population has been outrageously silent about the crimes.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Said criminal organization is not an American one but rooted in Europe. America a vehicle of moving beyond this organization, though it is definitely struggling to do so.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

England did a bit of conquesting of its own? didnt they?

I suppose the difference is that everybody in England knows what our foreign policy is and was about.

English people are not in denial about the disgusting nature of the British empire, or the filth our politicians are now engaging in.

In contrast, and this is where you need to take note because there is a significant [snip] difference: Americans deny that what they're doing is despicable and evil, and that people are right to begrudge them for it.

You do not find English people supporting imperialist foreign policy like the Yanks. Even the DAILY MAIL, the most right wing publication in the MSM, the British paper equivalent of FOX NEWS, is remarkably anti-war

So your comparison can be laughed at and dismissed. Because you're missing the point. The point is not that only America is engaged in abhorrent foreign policy - although America is certainly the worst - the point is that AMERICANS, as a collective people, are the only ones cheering it on.

Millions of Britons marched on London in the lead up to the "war on terrorism". There was no equivalent in America.
edit on 12/8/12 by masqua because: Censor circumvention

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

Sounds like you don't understand how intertwined the interests of British and American elite are. There's no point in England being openly pro-war because they know America will carry out their interests.

There's a huge difference psychologically in growing up American vs. (insert European nation here). Our politic is far more complex because of a more pluralistic population and generally bigger everything. Economy, military, responsibility, etc. This does have the effect of making many apathetic, you're right about that.

But really, taking the stance that UK is any less an evil than America is challenging for me to agree with. I generally think the Western agenda of globalization is positive in overall effect on humanity.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MassOccurs

But really, taking the stance that UK is any less an evil than America is challenging for me to agree with. I generally think the Western agenda of globalization is positive in overall effect on humanity.

Look at all you have done in Latin America, now try and see if you can find anything even remotely similar that can be attributed to the UK, then tell me if you still find it challenging to agree with.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Anti-Americanism = Sheer Envy

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join