Anti-Americanism and why

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
one of your fellow englishman doing what?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
what question am I dodging? I am not trolling

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
perhaps I got a bit spirited, but this debate hits home very literally. And when I see someone abroad speaking i'll of America it gets to me. plain and simple. You seem to lump every American together with angry war mongering leaders. its not the case.
edit on 12-8-2012 by jacobjones because: added a word

link   
England did a bit of conquesting of its own? didnt they?

link   

Originally posted by jacobjones
what question am I dodging? I am not trolling

There´s no shame in admitting Americans go abroad pretending to be from a good country to dodge the flak for all the crimes they have committed.

Why don´t you admit it? Does it hurt you a little bit? I have taken immense pleasure in revealing these so called ¨canadians¨ as being US Americans during my many travels abroad. They don´t like it when that happens. Neither do any genuine Canadians in the same place.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

do you think your doing yourself or your country any favours with this sort of post?
its that sort of redneck god bless america and f*ck the rest of the world attitude that makes you such a despised nation.
should you as a country be congratulated for wasting millions of dollars puting a probe on mars?
i think not especially when you have a healthcare system that condemns the poor to die,have people starving on the street, an education system that is the envy of the world LMFAO and helped create a world wide recession.
try doing some research on the impact of the american me first attitude on the rest of the world,assuming you can tear yourself away from fox news long enough to think for yourself.
I think its worth pointing out that i for one dont buy this "its not the people its the government" bullsh*t,the fu*kwit bush was re-elected despite everything he did, coff coff patriot act coff coff,the people who voted for bush or didnt vote at all must take their share of the resposibility for what his government did.
edit on 12-8-2012 by erictcartman because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
maybe, I am just speculating here. maybe people hate the top dog in nearly every situation. and maybe, people associate regular American citizens, with insensitve American rhetoric or foreign policy and they don't want to become a target? Maybe people aborad or too stupid to realize, hmmmmm, its the government, not the people dropping the bombs. or war mongering. So when people open their eyes and hearts and can see every person on earth for what they are (brothers and sisters of humantiy) there will be violence hate deception, the lot.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

England did a bit of conquesting of its own? didnt they?

Nope. The union that absorbed England did, but not England. England hasn´t made any decisions over our own country for about 300 years

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

perhaps I got a bit spirited, but this debate hits home very literally. And when I see someone abroad speaking i'll of America it gets to me. plain and simple. You seem to lump every American together with angry war mongering leaders. its not the case.

Look, I´m playing the worlds smalled violin for your feelings.

Best thing to do is stay in your own country. If you heard what the rest of the big bad antiamerican world has to say, your figurative home will be demolished from all the hits.

there is nothing figurative about my home. england and the united states probably work very intimately working on foreign policy/conquesting. shoot, your the ones who wrote the book on conquest. You couldn't imagine who is responsible for the worlds ills, but you'll pretend you do. its probably more like 3 or 4 very very powerful countries running the whole show.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I wouldnt be surpirsed to find out a few european countries, and an asian one or two, are working closely with the united states to hash out whats going to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
What is Anti-Americanism?

A total aversion for:

1. Arrogance
  2. War mongers
  3. Stealing of natural resources
  4. Illegal invasion of countries and overthrowing governments
  5. Intimidation
  6. Blackmailing
  7. Corruption
  8. Hypocrisy
  9. Using freedom as a sales argument
  10. Fascism
  11. Using democracy as a sales argument
  12. Pollution
  13. Treating partners as slaves and subordinates
  14. Propaganda by all possible means, e.g. Hollywood
  15. Make believe that money can solve or buy anything
  16. And the list goes on...

Actually, making a list why America shouldn't be hated, would be easier.
edit on 12-8-2012 by manbitesdog because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-8-2012 by manbitesdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Has anyone here read the book by Machavelli? "The Prince" when your in power, you do what you do, to keep it. in a group of chimpanzees, the dominant male, will throw s*** at lower ranking males and rough them up, then he will go around and shag every chip gal in site. We are America, we are the dominant chimp, CATCH!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Look, I´m playing the worlds smalled violin for your feelings.

Best thing to do is stay in your own country. If you heard what the rest of the big bad antiamerican world has to say, your figurative home will be demolished from all the hits.

there is nothing figurative about my home. england and the united states probably work very intimately working on foreign policy/conquesting. shoot, your the ones who wrote the book on conquest. You couldn't imagine who is responsible for the worlds ills, but you'll pretend you do. its probably more like 3 or 4 very very powerful countries running the whole show.

England hasn´t worked with the US at all, the union which absorbed it may have, but not England. I sincerely hope that when the union breaks up, England goes down a different route.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join