It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by projectvxn

And you would be here screaming about how evil we are for doing anything about it. Thats how it works right? We go and take care of business when called upon, but when we do we're the evil Americans. If we don't clean up these messes then its "where were you when..." Cant have it both ways.

Not at all, I would applaud the actions of any who prevents those crimes. I was simply using them to make a point and highlight inaccuracy.

You've just spent this entire thread chastising Americans for "murdering millions", being the biggest "criminals" on the block for doing exactly that. You down play the good America does as insignificant while calling us evil for interventions, by and large, that we were called upon to make happen. For better or worse we were there to do something. Do we always get it right? No. But we're not evil for getting it wrong. And we shouldn't be chastised for doing things in our own interests just as every other nation on Earth does.

So let me point out an inaccuracy to you. When you're screaming about how criminal our interventions are, it would behoove you not to pick and choose which ones would be just. We're either evil or we're not. You know full well that if we interfered in Rwanda you would have been to the first to say that the only genocide there is being committed by US troops.
edit on 12-8-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
reply to post by binkman

where were you, if were such horrible people why don't you and your country do something about it? why not join the peace core and help out Oh wait the American government created that and spends over 400,000,000 a year to help, and that dosen't include the rest of the foreign aid the government gives out and what our private sectore gives out. how much does your government give away each year, matter a fact how much do YOU GIVE AWAY EACH YEAR its time to stop spewing unmitigated hate and start fessing up what do you do to help the world, Oh great one !!!!

Because this is a discussion about your country and people, not mine

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

why, you must be an American!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

And you would be here screaming about how evil we are for doing anything about it. Thats how it works right? We go and take care of business when called upon, but when we do we're the evil Americans. If we don't clean up these messes then its "where were you when..." Cant have it both ways.

Not at all, I would applaud the actions of any who prevents those crimes. I was simply using them to make a point and highlight inaccuracy.

You've just spent thia entire thread chastising Americans for "murdering millions", being the biggest "criminals" on the block for doing exactly that. You down play the good America does as insignificant while calling us evil for interventions, by and large, that we were called upon to make happen. For better or worse we were there to do something. Do we always get it right? No. But we're not evil for getting it wrong. And we shouldn't be chastised for doing things in our own interests just as every other nation on Earth does.

So let me point out an inaccuracy to you. When you're screaming about how criminal our interventions are, it would behoove you not to pick and choose which ones would be just. We're either evil or we're not. You know full well that if we interfered in Rwanda you would have been to the first to say that the only genocide there is being committed by US troops.

What can I say, you are a US American, so obviously you know more about me and what I am thinking. Y

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobjones
reply to post by binkman

why, you must be an American!

We were making your efforts look weak before you were even a nation. And no, I´m not an American.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Someone who is ashamed of their country, Binkman, shouldn't chastise others about their country. put it on this page or be quiet

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
western europe, ya i figured, they love to tell Americans how to run things, its sort of like backseat driving...
edit on 12-8-2012 by jacobjones because: added the word tell

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Someone who is ashamed of their country, Binkman, shouldn't chastise others about their country. put it on this page or be quiet

I´m not ashamed. I am more proud of my country than your tiny little US American brain could possibly comprehend, I´m just wondering why I should take my time to answer a question I have already answered numerous times on this topic.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

western europe, ya i figured, they love to tell Americans how to run things, its sort of like backseat driving...
edit on 12-8-2012 by jacobjones because: added the word tell

Almost, let me make it even easier for you: It isnt France.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

i didnt look for it, but im guessing your from western europe, your condecending attitude gave it away.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
America has bullied Canada numerous times.America band forestry products because it was cheaper than theirs.American tried to claim the rights to the Juan de fuca straights.These are just a couple of example of the top of my head.They bullied France for not joining in the Iraq war and started calling them french fries, freedom fries.It is mostly the U.S government people hate which doesnt help the average American when he goes places. I guess it is the entitlement they think they have and of course the big corporations and those businessmen just take and take from third world countries.Canadian corporations do this too but American one's are the big boys.Canadians are known to be friendly when they are abroad.I have heard Americans sewing Canadian flags on their backpacks to dodge all flack and harassment so what does that tell you.I have an American friend high up in the navy and it was always little jabs here and there in a joking manner with American this and Canadian this,It got pretty funny sometimes.Americans are great people but their government spoils it and paints a bad picture of them around the world which is a hard image to counteract.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by binkman

i didnt look for it, but im guessing your from western europe, your condecending attitude gave it away.

I wouldn´t call it condescending (note the correct spelling in the English language), more like righteous superiority.

link   
at any rate, the topic here is Anti Americanism, and it sounds like this is a thread that is perfect for you.

link   
reply to post by binkman

yeah, im in awe of your superiority. your a clown

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

Of course I know what you're thinking. You just posted 15 pages of what you're thinking.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Celticdog makes a good point there, tell me Jacob, why do some US Americans sew the Canadian flag to their backpack?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
maybe they feel kinship with other countries in North America? Maybe they admire another great country when they see one.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

maybe they feel kinship with other countries in North America? Maybe they admire another great country when they see one.

Kinship my butt. It´s because they are ashamed of their country and government, so they steal the flag of a country infinitely more affable than their own to dodge the bullets like cowards. Isn´t that right Jacob?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

that is incorrect. Mexico, Canada, United states are all part of North America, and we travel and inter-mingle naturally. If we feel love or kinship toward another country that seems perfectly natural, especially another country so close physically and rhetorically.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

reply to post by binkman

that is incorrect. Mexico, Canada, United states are all part of North America, and we travel and inter-mingle naturally. If we feel love or kinship toward another country that seems perfectly natural, especially another country so close physically and rhetorically.

How lovely. Maybe that is the case in the dreamland most Americans live in, but we all know that it is because they are cowards who are ashamed of their country.

You´ll never find one of my fellow Englishmen doing that.

I cannot tell if you are trolling, attempting to be funny or genuinely dodging the question at this point.
edit on 12-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join