It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your Hero ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I thought it would be cool to have a discussion on hero's. Mine is Jesus Christ far above a few others like the boxer Muhammed Ali, Bruce lee and believe it or not a man who called himself Evel Knievel.. In all four there is diversity in religion, race and ethnic background thru no intent of my own.

This is a conspiracy forum and I hope to form this discussion around hero worship and how it is really just idol worship. When I was a lad the first three meant everything to me. That all changed at the age of 18 with an NDE that I'd rather not discuss on these boards.

Anyway if your hero is who I feel it should be ( The Son of God ) please disclose. And tell us why ? If not tell me who is and if you really do idolize them. Perhaps this will lead us into some great discussion of idol worship and how the media supports this in the face of one of the ten commandments. There you have the topic and to add to the fun I'm providing video of all four that I have mentioned. If you follow my lead in doing so we should have quite alot of fun going on in midst of a serious discussion. I hope I hope.

So please join me and tell ATS ... Who is your HERO ?

As I said mine is Jesus Christ. Because no matter what you may believe about him. He did go to the cross believing in what he was doing. That alone above everything you can say about him, brings tears to my eyes
and makes him my ultimate HERO and even God above all. I will worship him always because that is an undeniable truth. The other three I see as great men but, that is all. None of them would die for me as I believe Christ did.

Here's a video from Jesus Christ Superstar depicting the crucifixion of Christ at the end. Although I'm sure it does no justice as to what he went thru.

I'm pretty !
a video tribute to
Muhammed Ali. Who in my mind was the greatest Boxer and Showman of all time. I modeled my abilities after him and

Bruce lee. The most physically fit human being ever in the entertainment industry. The speed of lightning he created a fighting style all his own. Jeet kun doe. The way of the intercepting fist. I've both studied and applied it
with the most fantastic results. A video from Enter the Dragon that captures the speed of his punches being fired, not thrown.

Evel Knievel
Who could deny this guys raw courage in the face of death and how long he was able to do this stuff after many horrible failures ? Here's a video I uploaded and will watch for the first time here on ATS. Remember you guys and Gals. this guy was on a Harley Davidson.

Celebrate the human experience.
That's my moto.

edit on 11-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
John Wayne
AKA Marion Michael Morrison

Born: 26-May-1907
Birthplace: Winterset, IA
Died: 11-Jun-1979
Location of death: Los Angeles, CA [1]
Cause of death: Cancer - Stomach
Remains: Buried, Pacific View Memorial Park, Corona del Mar, CA

Religion: Roman Catholic
Race or Ethnicity: White
Sexual orientation: Straight
Party Affiliation: Republican

Nationality: United States
Executive summary: The Duke

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
many of the characters from many different anime.

SO INSPIRATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

(yo there are some GOOD cartoons out there)

awwww yiss.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
When I was young (in the 60's) My mom had a problem with alcohol, Valium and 2 packs of cigarettes a day. She realized that if she didn't do something soon, us children would not have her around much longer.

She quit everything in one day.

We were not allowed in her room for a week and were told that she was sick. Only years later we learned she was going through probably the worst withdrawal anyone could imagine.

2 packs a day, whiskey in the morning and a Valium habit to boot...in one day.

Today she is healthy, happy and still here for the kids and grand kids.

My hero?

Mom.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Joe Rogan not only an established fighter and comedian but intelligent speaker of important issues. Says what is on his mind in an assertive way, blessed with the gift of public speaking demanding attention. Does not just say things to say it but educates himself in the topics he talks about. I don't agree with everything he says just the way he says it.
Wiki page
Ustream Page
Youtube
Official Page

Side Note: There are way too many people of influence to list however so I just picked a current one. There are many philosophers, teachers, scientists, war veterans and the list goes on that if I think about I could list as having some impact on the way I think the things I learned etc...
edit on 11-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: grammer

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would say Jesus is my ultimate hero , as well as my patient teacher.

My heroes on this earth are those that work so diligently in helping others who are suffering, doing what they can to make life better , especially for those who so desperately need help.

A salute to all those unsung heroes we don't always here about, but who make such a difference in the lives of others, while working diligently under the radar, never to be fully appreciated for what they do by the rest of this world.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
When I was young (in the 60's) My mom had a problem with alcohol, Valium and 2 packs of cigarettes a day. She realized that if she didn't do something soon, us children would not have her around much longer.

She quit everything in one day.

We were not allowed in her room for a week and were told that she was sick. Only years later we learned she was going through probably the worst withdrawal anyone could imagine.

2 packs a day, whiskey in the morning and a Valium habit to boot...in one day.

Today she is healthy, happy and still here for the kids and grand kids.

My hero?

Mom.

Peace

After reading that, screw John Wayne. Your mum is my hero now. I wish mine would have dont the same "mummy issues tears"
haha

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Awe ! Jude that is really got me choked up big time guy. You can tell her she has another fan please ?

Do you have any videos of your mom Jude ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jude11

Awe ! Jude that is really got me choked up big time guy. You can tell her she has another fan please ?

Do you have any videos of your mom Jude ?

Thanks Randy.

No vids sorry. She's on the East Coast and I'm on the West but she's coming to visit this fall and I hope to get some vids and pics with her and I along with my wife.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

After reading that, screw John Wayne

I can't say screw any of mine but she goes to No.2 on my list Will.

Jude

No vids sorry. She's on the East Coast and I'm on the West but she's coming to visit this fall and I hope to get some vids and pics with her and I along with my wife.

Don't forget to tell her she has fans on ATS ! You are so lucky to have her.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sir Alex Ferguson:

is a Scottish football manager and former player who has managed Manchester United since 1986. His tenure has seen the club go through an era of success and dominance both in England and in Europe, giving Ferguson a reputation as one of the most admired and respected managers in the history of the game

With 25 years as manager of Manchester United, he is the longest serving manager in their history after overtaking Sir Matt Busby's record on 19 December 2010. His tenure is also the longest of all the current League managers.

The mans credentials and achievements are longer than I am tall!

en.wikipedia.org...

Sarah Silverman: For being the most hardcore comedian the world has seen

Amy Lee: For Being a pioneer to female rock and classical music

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

That's a great post in contrast Sinny. You devilish creature.

I love evanescence too.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A person in history that I admire is: Mahatma Gandhi.

Here are some quotes from him.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

"There are many causes that I am prepared to die for, but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"If we have no charity and no tolerance, we shall never settle our differences."

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
One of me heroes is an economics professor I had in college. He was born and raised in Iran, and in the early eighties he was being compelled to join an army and fight against his will. Instead, he lived with Bedouins hiding out in the desert for six months before he could make it to the US. He did so, earned his PHD in international finance, and has been one of the best educators in the Milwaukee area for some time. Occasionally I run into him around the city and it delights me every time. To me this is a hero, quite unlike our meatheaded bloodthirsty soldiers that I am sick and tired of hearing referred to as heroes.
edit on 11-8-2012 by jeantherapy because: I think Sam Kinison was way more hardcore than Sarah Silverman btw

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My Nephew Kyle.

Kyle was born with a series of birth defects that the doctors gave him a 20% chance of surviving.

so far hes has had

2 Open Heart Surgeries
1 Kidney Transplant
3 operations on his spine to straighten it out
2 operations on his hands to give his thumbs the ability to grasp.

He turned 16 this year. He Made the Honor Roll in school. He went White Water rafting with his Boy Scout Troop!

He Danced at my brothers wedding!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Who could not love this quote ?

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

After reading that, screw John Wayne

I can't say screw any of mine but she goes to No.2 on my list Will.

Jude

Don't forget to tell her she has fans on ATS ! You are so lucky to have her.

Thanks Randy.

I'll send a link to the thread by way of my brother and he can show it to her as she has no idea how to turn on a computer...

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Dude, they're just toooo awesome
Went to their concert last November, and going again this November, its even better live!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Sarah Silverman: For being the most hardcore comedian the world has seen

Love her comedy...

And she's hot as well!

Peace

edit on 11-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

My list is growing. Something totally unexpected. I'll bet he's the greatest person you know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join