12 Things You Should Know About Paul Ryan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Also like to add...He voted FOR

The Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP (whereby the government purchased assets and equity from financial institutions)

AND the auto-bailout.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Cookiemonster09, I completely agree with you, that too many of us do not share the "rugged individualism of our founding fathers" and "handouts and goodies" are something we as nation simply can no longer afford. People need to learn to rely more on themselves and not expect the American Taxpayer to come to their rescue. People should learn to be more independent.

So inline with both of our thinking, where would you say we should begin in cutting back spending overseas?
How much of the Trillion dollar overseas Military expenditure, should be cut, and what percentage of the tens of Billions of dollars spent on foreign aid should be cut? The nations of the world should learn a little "Rugged Individualism", and police themselves. The nations of the world should not expect all the "handouts and goodies"
American taxpayers have been funding since WW-2

This is a serious question, I rarely hear the same people who push for entitlement cuts here at home, push for cuting overseas spending.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Thanks for the post. I'm liking this Paul Ryan guy more already!

This thread should be fair & balanced.

-- 12 Things You Should Know About Paul Ryan.

-- 12 Things You Should Know About Obama / Biden

1- Paul Ryan has a plan. Obama / Biden do not have a plan.

2- Obama has handed the USA a $16 trillion national debt and couldn't care less.

3- ObamaCare is the mother of all unfunded mandates to all 50 states.

4- Paul Ryan will put Wisconsin in the Romney Column.
That's 10 Electoral Votes !

5- Paul Ryan knows the budget numbers forwards and backwards. Biden is clueless.

6- Obama has 9 favorite words: If you've got a business, you didn't build that !

7- Paul Ryan calls ObamaCare - smoke and mirrors -.

I need 5 more.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Also...

Ryan LIES...

RYAN: "We Don't Affect The Benefits For People Above 55 Years Old In Medicare"

For Current Seniors, Republican Plan Would Reopen Medicare "Donut Hole"...

The gap, commonly called the "doughnut hole," requires seniors to pay 100 percent of any prescription costs after the annual total reaches $2,840 and until it hits $4,550.

Ryan's Plan's Cuts To Medicaid Would Affect Seniors Immediately

9 Million Seniors Receive Medicaid As Well As Medicare. From the National Journal: "Some 9 million seniors qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid benefits, and about two-thirds of all nursing-home residents are covered by Medicaid."

Ryan: "Obamacare" Cut Medicare, But "We Restore" Those Funds

GOP Budget Doesn't "Restore" That Money At All — It Keeps The Savings

AP: House GOP Budget Retains Affordable Care Act's Medicare Spending Provisions. As reported by the Associated Press: "In a postelection reversal, House Republicans are supporting nearly $450 billion in Medicare cuts that they criticized vigorously last fall after Democrats and President Barack Obama passed them as part of their controversial health care law. The cuts are included in the 2012 budget that Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., unveiled last week and account for a significant share of the $5.8 trillion in claimed savings over the next decade."

politicalcorrection.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

The Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP (whereby the government purchased assets and equity from financial institutions)

AND the auto-bailout.

The banks paid back their money with interest.

President Mitt Romney will slowly sell off all of the GM shares that the government owns.

- No more Government Motors. -

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
HMMMM...........

Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)

Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)

Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)

Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)

Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

www.ontheissues.org...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

HMMMM...........

Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)

Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)

Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)

Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad. (Mar 2008)

Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

www.ontheissues.org...

Hmmm..........Obama.......

While in the Senate ---- voted ---- " Present " over and over

No budget in over 1,200 days !

Electoral Map looking better everyday! Ryan was the right pick.

VP Debate will be moderated by ABC. Paul Ryan will pound Biden into the ground.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ThinkingCap

That's funny, because I think the older Americans are the brainwashed ones. The younger Americans are the ones supporting Ron Paul and moving against the two party system. It is the older conservative/fox news crowd (though admittedly a lot of my idiotic peers are still party proud dems - they are dwindling though) that are set in their ways. Young people are the ones spreading info over the net and getting multiple views and really educating themselves.

My reply was kind of reactionary, now that I look back on it.
I'm a part of this younger "what the hell did we inherit" crowd.
The majority of my friends are very jaded to the system, and do not care very much for any president.

Yet Obama seems to have cast a spell on MANY young folks. Mitt Romney is the Axis of evil (Which is his character-role in this illusion we call a run for presidency) --- The irony is that he shares almost no difference to the Obama administration. Regardless, we both know Presidency is at the bottom of the power structure in Government.

Ron Paul is an Idea, and a damn good one. He used his air time to educate the masses of what needs to be done. Yet with this well-oiled machine of fascism, his "good ideas" will be remembered only as an "ideology".

Unfortunately Ron Paul was not going to be President. And his ideas will be forgotten by many coming this next presidential anointment.

People are going to vote for Obama in fear of Mitt Romney becoming president.
And they will do it willingly, under the impression they had a choice at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So inline with both of our thinking, where would you say we should begin in cutting back spending overseas?

I'm no foreign affairs expert, but I'd like to see the U.S. become more like Canada, with very limited involvement in foreign wars. We need to stop subsidies to foreign countries, and become energy independent so we are not so reliant on what happens in the Middle East.

Didn't Paul Wolfowitz assure the American public that the Iraq War would be paid for by Iraq oil revenues? Why hasn't this happened yet? Where are the reparations from the Iraqi government for our military costs?

Instead, the American taxpayer gets hit with a double whammy - Not only do we get to pay for the war, but we also get to pay $4 per gallon at the pump. Not to mention the loss of life by our brave men and women in the military. Talk about the royal screw job.

How much of the Trillion dollar overseas Military expenditure, should be cut, and what percentage of the tens of Billions of dollars spent on foreign aid should be cut?

See above. Cut all of it, if you can. There is no need for us to police the world. We need to focus on fixing our own problems here at home, and that includes more manufacturing, more jobs, more police on the streets, and fixing our broken cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and the like.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

AND the auto-bailout.

I'm aware of that and not happy about it. However it is still an infinitely better ticket than Obama/Biden.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

OK...and how do you feel about this?

Paul Ryan on Patriot Act, NDAA and Warrantless Wiretaps

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

So let me ask you this: do you consider the conservative view, that healthcare should be a business for profit, to be the american way?

And it is not under Obamacare? When you say profit what do you mean? Doctors wages? Hospital profits? Medicine profits?

Profit is ok when you have competition, then price is based on what people are willing to pay. If you have 1000 heart surgeons and they had to compete like plastic surgeons do then the price comes down or the surgeon is out of business.

Someone makes profit somewhere no matter what, but I would rather not pay 20 bucks for an aspirin or have my taxes pay 20 bucks for an aspirin. Look around the world...why do people go to Mexico for surgeries? They do it because it is so much cheaper and so they can pay out of pocket for it. It is cheaper because there is not an insurance umbrella dictating the cost, and competition dictates the cost.

It is not that people need health insurance it is that health care is artificially inflated to the point no one can pay out of pocket and so they need insurance. Would it not be a great place if normal healthcare is out of pocket affordable and all we needed was catastrophic health insurance? I go to the doctors and my health insurance pays 600 dollars, I go to a clinic outside of the insurance umbrella and I pay 20 bucks.

SO should we just go the status quo and run insurance at 600 dollar of my taxes for a doctor visit, or should we give vouchers and let people choose where to go and pay 20 bucks?

Obamacare just makes it all worst AND provides worst healthcare.... Wow...such a great program...
All of that just to avoid a direct answer to a simple question.

Says a lot.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster09

I'm no foreign affairs expert, but I'd like to see the U.S. become more like Canada, with very limited involvement in foreign wars. We need to stop subsidies to foreign countries, and become energy independent so we are not so reliant on what happens in the Middle East.

Didn't Paul Wolfowitz assure the American public that the Iraq War would be paid for by Iraq oil revenues? Why hasn't this happened yet? Where are the reparations from the Iraqi government for our military costs?

Instead, the American taxpayer gets hit with a double whammy - Not only do we get to pay for the war, but we also get to pay $4 per gallon at the pump. Not to mention the loss of life by our brave men and women in the military. Talk about the royal screw job.

How much of the Trillion dollar overseas Military expenditure, should be cut, and what percentage of the tens of Billions of dollars spent on foreign aid should be cut?

See above. Cut all of it, if you can. There is no need for us to police the world. We need to focus on fixing our own problems here at home, and that includes more manufacturing, more jobs, more police on the streets, and fixing our broken cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and the like.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

NO doubt he has an economic agenda, but I would not go tooting the horns for him lest you be embarrassed later. You will see.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Ryan is also liar and/or an ignoramus. In the debate with Biden he lied straight out of the gate in the first three minutes, claiming Iran has enough fissile uranium to make up to five bombs -- citing the fact that it has 20% enriched U-235 for this many bombs. In fact, it takes 90% enriched U-235 to make atomic bombs, so currently Iran hasn't any bomb-grade material and if they were able to separate the enriched material from all of the more stable U-238, then they still only have enough for one bomb. So whether he is knowingly lying or just doesn't know U-235 from shinola, the guy clearly has no business being vice president.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

VP Debate will be moderated by ABC. Paul Ryan will pound Biden into the ground.

Turns out you were quite wrong on that one, sparky.

Biden shined and Ryan whined. Ryan also lied or showed that he knows nothing about nuclear weapons issues -- see my other post just above.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It's nice to find more reasons to vote for Rommy and Ryan but really it's simply black and white. Rommy and Ryan are white the other guy is black he had his chance and blew it. I'm voting white it's whats right for America

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I'm actually a little shocked at so many people supporting the things listed in the op. Kind of makes me wonder..

If it wasn't for Pell grants I would probably be working at a fast food restaurant right now. I was raised with a single mother who worked nights making minimum wage. There was barely money for necessities, let alone college. I had my own job making minimum wage but they never gave anyone more than 25 hrs a week. This was when minimum wage was $5.15 an hour. That business went bankrupt btw. I didn't play any sports. I'm white. I wasn't an unwed mother. So that takes care of 99% of the scholarships.

I was eligible for full Pell grants every year I was in college. Those grants paid for over half of my tuition. I had to take out loans for the remainder. One year I had to take out a private bank loan at over 13% interest just to get my tuition paid. If it wasn't for Pell grants I probably wouldn't have gone to school. If I had, it would have taken twice as long and I would be paying back double what I'm paying back now.

Pell grants are for very low income students. The students have a required gpa level they must meet in order to receive them. Kids who "shouldn't even be in college" won't get a Pell grant if they have a poor gpa.

In my opinion, it would be a terrible decision to get rid of them. They have allowed so many more kids to go to school who wouldn't otherwise be able to. They are a blessing. My mother cried when I got my first one because she was so thankful, as was I.

Yes, college tuition is ridiculous. Cutting Pell grants won't fix that. It will just make more loan companies pop up and keep more kids from getting an education.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

AND the auto-bailout.

Yep, and that's why there is no hope in either camp. Both are controlled by the banks. Despite the claim by another on here, TARP has NOT been paid back in full. In fact, some of it has been REPAID IN GOVERNMENT LOANS.

Bailouts and government meddling with a free market are a huge reason why we are in the mess we are in. Economic bubbles artificially inflated and backed by overprinted and deflated currency from the FR Cartel result in huge crashes. Couple that with our thirsty war machine and you'll just have more of the same. And both of these candidates would continue us on that road. No thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Actual a large number of all middle class people do use things like pell grants, unemployment insurance, and social security.

Even if people think the government shouldn't fund these programs, it will just shift the cost of these programs. For example, if your kid no longer gets a $1000 pell grant and your tax goes down by 100.00, under this guys plan you will be 900 poorer.

CookieMonster - I remember you from all the banking threads. If I remember correctly, don't your work for a bank and are pretty wealthy? I admit, I like Obama's plan because as a lower income person it will help me. '

Perhaps, the fact you're rich maybe effects how you view this plan?

So what you are saying is that you vote based on who give you more free stuff? If you get 900 dollars of benefit, you do realize that 900 dollars of benefit comes form someone else, be that a fellow citizen now or your descendents due to the massive debt we are piling up. It does not come out of the ether.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join