Originally posted by sensfan
1. Ryan embraces the extreme philosophy of Ayn Rand
And you voted for Obama who not just agreed with, but had MENTORS like Frank Marshall Davis and Jeremiah Wright...lol WOW!!
2. Ryan wants to raises taxes on the middle class, cut them for millionaires.
He wants to make only two tax brackets 25% for the rich and 10% for the middle class...this is not fair? A straight up, no fudging, no deductions etc
tax cost? Are you suggesting the Middle Class right now pay well under 10%, and should pay well under 10%... lol another big WOW!!
3. Ryan wants to end Medicare, replace it with a voucher system
As we know it now Medicare is not sustainable, SO we need to do something or all will lose it. You kind of failed to mention that it is a bill we just
cannot pay and it will only get worst...VOUCHERS FOR ALL!!! is the secret to success.
So what is your point with this one...Medicare is going away one way or the other....I kind of like his way where Americans will still have health
4. Ryan thinks Social Security is a “ponzi scheme.”
Well he is right...lol... Everyone pays into it and only the ones at the top get the benefits until it collapses and then no one gets anything...it is
unsustainable as it is now...do you not know what a ponzi scheme is? I guess you don't since you like Obamacare too...
5. Ryan’s budget would result in 4.1 million lost jobs in 2 years.
Mainly Government jobs by reducing government spending... ok where is the issue? I think the word for today is unsustainable. Well we can go with
Obama who would add 4 million government jobs..well until we end up like Greece where you have so many working for the Government that the private
sector cannot pay for it.
Who here thinks the Government is not too large, not out of control in spending etc...Well Ryan thinks it is way to large AND out of control and so do
6. Ryan wants to eliminate Pell Grants for more more than 1 million students.
Its a waste of Government spending...read about it and not just cut and paste...this is a lot like healthcare where prices are inflated BECAUSE of
these grants...these grants are like a kickback to the school and students don't get much out of them. Reduce Government spending people...there are
better ways to help strudents.
7. Ryan supports $40 billion in subsides for big oil.
8. Ryan has ownership stakes in companies that benefit from oil subsidies
Let's see that is 40 billion over TEN YEARS of some tax breaks, not credits...breaks...truly a drop in the bucket....lol But one needs to ask why and
I'm sure you do not know..or really care to, so I will not waste my breath trying to explain any common sense to you.
9. Ryan claimed Romneycare has led to “rationing and benefit cuts.
10. Ryan believes that Romneycare is “not that dissimilar to Obamacare.
So he disagrees with Romneycare, and so do I. You are missing a rather big point here...Romneycare was a state level program, voted by those in that
state for ONLY the people in that state. THAT IS GREAT!!! and the way it should be. If a state wants it then so be it, BUT when the Federal Government
does it then EVERYONE is forced into it no matter what they want or if it is right for their state or not...
Why is the concept of a smaller foot print Federal Government and a larger foot print State Government is THE way to go is so hard to comprehend.
11. Ryan accused generals of lying about their support for Obama’s military budget.
I have 28 years of military service...he's right....lol Obama is their Commander and Chief they must agree with him in public whether in private
they do or not, and I can assure you in private they can't wait until he is gone.
12. Ryan co-sponsored a “personhood” amendment, an extreme anti-abortion measure.
Defining personhood is a controversial topic in philosophy and law and will not be a factor in this election...I guess by adding the word "extreme"
makes it all good for you though so it can be one of your 12 things... lol WOW!! again...
edit on 11-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)