It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Group Launches “Dump Romney” Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
With 16 days to go for the RNC... things are heating up!

lookie here!

A group called "Jews and Christians Together," which backed Rick Santorum in the Republican primary, is sending a memo to Republican National Convention delegates urging them not to vote for Mitt Romney at the convention, even if they're bound to him.

The nine-page memo casts Romney's nomination in the direst terms. A press release from the group reads:

"DUMP ROMNEY" contends that no delegates are actually "bound" by law or GOP
rules to vote for Romney and that, to win the White House and toss-up
Senate seats, delegates must exercise their right to "conscientiously
abstain" from Romney on the crucial first ballot, aiming for a
stronger ticket leader in subsequent convention voting rounds.

The core of a hard-hitting new 80,000 word book and incubating Tampa
insurgency, the entire memo can be read online free via Amazon Kindle
Cloud Reader using the Amazon.com search term "DUMP ROMNEY." "Were
frontrunners simply entitled to the nomination, a convention wouldn't
be necessary," the texts say, noting that Intrade predictive markets
gives Obama odds of about 60-40 over Romney and that New York Times
political analyst Nate Silver projects about 300 electoral votes for
Obama, rating Romney's current odds around 21%.

The memo doesn't specify who Romney should be replaced with.
Read the rest here

Sounds like good interesting news right?

Maybe not...

Another snippet from same source (well next paragraph)

A core of Ron Paul supporters had been the only organized Republican opposition to accepting Romney as the nominee, but Paul campaign manager Jesse Benton told BuzzFeed that the memo had nothing to do with them, calling it "disgusting and highly inappropriate."

Instead, it's a brainchild of Steve Baldwin, the former chief of the Council for National Policy, a low-profile, well-connected conservative group. Baldwin said the memo was sent out to 20,000 people in politics in media, as well as RNC delegates.

This isn't coming from the Ron Paul camp - however anyone against mitt Romney and Obama at this point is a friend/ally. (for the time being)

Things are heating up for the convention in 2 weeks... with mitt's announcement of his running mate and the anti-Romney/anyone but Romney crowd is going to make the Romney camp work even harder.

Gotta love pre-convention drama... I don't care what anyone says at this point... the convention is going to be filled with chaos... and the GOP knew this was coming and could of stopped it... but NOPE... they decided to stick with the status quo guys.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I guess I'll be the one to suggest some intrigue here, but who are these people and why are we sure they are who they say they are for motivation? I think I speak for MANY when I say this effort would have been appreciated and welcomed with open arms..and THEN SOME...a couple months ago when this might have done any good.

Now, what is this doing?? If it isn't for Ron Paul, then it's simply to screw up the Convention. This is a Conservative core of people at the heart of this? They WANT to nuke the Republican Convention for little or no gain to Conservatives on any level??

I smell a BIG fat rat here. It would have been a cute hamster to walk over and pet and give a lot of time and attention to at the right time. Now? It looks like a big, filthy wharf rat.

S/F for the catch! It's great knowing the little ins and outs of the games being played.

Unless it's VERY organized and VERY determined and *VERY* Candidate focused at this late hour?? Hell, it looks like a very serious attempt at sabotage of the Tampa Convention to me. This whole cycle is filthy, from both sides....at a level I have never seen before in my life.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree a few months ago it would of been great, but imo its better late than not at all.

I am part of my local GOP. (Wont reveal my title) but id like to see them burn from the inside out and this is something that would burn the GOP from within. (Think of this as a purge, or detox.)

Just in case you were (or anyone was) wondering... Yes I have my popcorn ready... its going to be one hell of a show!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What a goofy group...but it doesn't even make any sense. I would have thought it was a Paul group but then they said this;

Baldwin said that the people who put together the memo are supporters of different primary candidates, including Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum, and Newt Gingrich (Baldwin is a Bachmann supporter).

Jews and Christians Together briefly made the news in March for putting out robocalls in Ohio on behalf of Rick Santorum, then still a presidential candidate. The call accused Romney of supporting "open homosexuality in the military, the appointment of homosexual judges, and the ENDA law, making it illegal to fire a man who wears a dress and high heels to work, even if he's your kid's teacher."

That's their main issue with Romney? Some people really got to get lives and stop worrying about what other people do.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A nice campaign, but he's hardly gonna be replaced by Rick Santorum now, is he ?

I agree that Mitt might have gotten a nasty surprise at the convention, but now he's selected the Conservative's Conservative as his running mate, he will probably be okay in securing the nomination.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree a few months ago it would of been great, but imo its better late than not at all.

I am part of my local GOP. (Wont reveal my title) but id like to see them burn from the inside out and this is something that would burn the GOP from within. (Think of this as a purge, or detox.)

Just in case you were (or anyone was) wondering... Yes I have my popcorn ready... its going to be one hell of a show!

Do you think the "system" would allow that? I see both democratic and republican party system as the puppet masters pulling the string under direction of others....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Well, I'll join you with a bucket of sweet carrots to munch for the show we'll have coming. That, I look forward to seeing...since it seems no one is asking our opinion about it anyway. lol...

I just can't see the point to this. What is the actual GOAL? Is it chaos for the pure sake of chaos and upheaval? If so, to what end? Are we trying to change that rotten turd the Republican Party has become or are we trying to nuke it JUST long enough for the other side to landslide a win? Screw partisan...but I really DO see core and critical differences between the two individual men in this race...whatever it may be for the ultimate agendas.

I dunno.....This just seems like trying to cure a foot infection with a 12 gauge shotgun. Oh, it'll cure it alright....you just lose the whole foot and ability to walk at the same time.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I dunno.....This just seems like trying to cure a foot infection with a 12 gauge shotgun. Oh, it'll cure it alright....you just lose the whole foot and ability to walk at the same time.

Hence why i called it chaos - a purge and didn't specifically call it a cure...

Example: when you purge your body of nicotine by not smoking for a week... yea you flushed the toxins but the addiction will still be there.

a cure will eradicate the symptoms... a purge will only flush the symptoms/system.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I guess I'll be the one to suggest some intrigue here, but who are these people and why are we sure they are who they say they are for motivation? I think I speak for MANY when I say this effort would have been appreciated and welcomed with open arms..and THEN SOME...a couple months ago when this might have done any good.

That is spot on but with the anemic civic education of the masses they think late August to November is the time to act and not any other time. It is a political power-play of a relatively small group looking to grab a piece of whatever pie comes their way come November; no matter how the election swings.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I suppose we're coming from the same direction on this and I appreciate you sharing it. It helps in background and knowing what we're seeing when the curtain on Tampa goes up..and possible chaos comes and goes like waves through the whole event.

Personally, I'd love to put heads together with the best of the like minded here and start this effort just after the election...with 4 years to go. So by the start of the real 2016 cycle, the people should have managed to remove and replace just about every "Party" stooge we watched bury the effort to get Paul a fair shake. Lets see regime change in the GOP...at all levels and make it our Mantra. 4 years is enough time. That seems productive.
This almost seems like it would hurt a real effort to come when the public isn't scope locked on just 2 men.

(It IS real important to note on Chaos though....those 140+ suits of near impervious armor ordered by the FPS. Not NEAR enough to face a determined group outside, alone. However....it'd be all they need and a whole lot more to literally squash any hints of this on the Convention floor.
)

new topics

top topics

join