It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Skilled Blender Users (Blenderheads) Out There?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm a relative n00b to Blender, but it's probably the best freeware I've ever seen (is there anything this program can't do?!)

Here's my current question:

I'm trying to follow this Tutorial for creating a day/night cycle, but whenever I delete all the lights from my scene (as in the video) my object still receives light. What I want is to start from scratch with a completely unlit model and then add the lighting myself.

I'm not sure if this has to do with an environment setting or a certain view setting I'm not utilizing. Any clues? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i usually just use strawberries and milk, maybe a banana, the blender makes weird smells though, like burning plastic.

(i dont even know what your post is about, i read it all and i still don't understand)

but milkshakes are tasty ^_^

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ohh I try. Im a cook.. a diehard foodie. I bought that wonderful Ninja and this vitamix new fangeled blender kit.. and Ive used it ONCE.
A lot of the recipes Ive found are icky... and the others are toxic ingredients.. and Im lactose intolerant, so thats a negative. Soy milk doesnt have the right consistency and Lactaid milk still causes me to metamorph into a goose.

Here are the links I had bookmarked.. Im still gonna be a blenderhead one day dammit!

www.reluctantgourmet.com... ( seriously, home made mayo is food of the Gods.. my mom adn grandma have a recipe Ill get you if you want it. Theyre ancient and its NOT a blender recipe though! )

rmcrayne.hubpages.com...

www.tastebook.com...

The rest are on my tablet.. and Im on the laptop.. if you want more GOOD links, give me a holler

EDIT: Jaysus, I just read my own post and my last sentence sure sounds hick.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So I might be the only one who knows what you are talking about. Blender is a freeware open source 3d modeling program for doing CGI work. It is a super powerful program and can be changed since it is freeware and open source. Unfortunately I don't know much about the actual use of the program as I use Autodesk 3ds Max

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight
So I might be the only one who knows what you are talking about. Blender is a freeware open source 3d modeling program for doing CGI work. It is a super powerful program and can be changed since it is freeware and open source. Unfortunately I don't know much about the actual use of the program as I use Autodesk 3ds Max

Good lord.. Im not only an idiot.. I definitely need MUCH MUCH more coffee!
Im not even editing that idiot mistake.. its too funny.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Ohh I try. Im a cook.. a diehard foodie. I bought that wonderful Ninja and this vitamix new fangeled blender kit.. and Ive used it ONCE.
A lot of the recipes Ive found are icky... and the others are toxic ingredients.. and Im lactose intolerant, so thats a negative. Soy milk doesnt have the right consistency and Lactaid milk still causes me to metamorph into a goose.

Here are the links I had bookmarked.. Im still gonna be a blenderhead one day dammit!

www.reluctantgourmet.com... ( seriously, home made mayo is food of the Gods.. my mom adn grandma have a recipe Ill get you if you want it. Theyre ancient and its NOT a blender recipe though! )

rmcrayne.hubpages.com...

www.tastebook.com...

The rest are on my tablet.. and Im on the laptop.. if you want more GOOD links, give me a holler

EDIT: Jaysus, I just read my own post and my last sentence sure sounds hick.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

i just LOVE that "give me a hoot and a hollar, cmon now little doggy" type of talk

i love accents ^_^ (especially when its a beautiful woman, they sound best with the accents)

lol peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

haha it's all good that is too funny!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

It's called Ambient light, by default even if you don't have any light sources there is still illumination on the scene.
Instead make objects shadeless or non reflective, I think that will work for you, in the end lighting is the most dificult process in modeling.

new topics

top topics

join