It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fix your credit for FREE.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I did this years ago for myself, and just did it again for my brother. As soon as those results come in, I will post.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Info regarding the 30 day policy:

ownthedollar.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kaspermartyrphantom

Ok thanks, so it's a USA thing then. Unfortunately, sure same laws aren't applicable over here in the UK...
Appreciate the info
Regards

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Well I gave it a try lets see what happens!
I also found out someone took out a few grand in my name

Thanks for the shot OP!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Hoping this thread doesn't die. Please post any results you may have.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Ok, here in Australia I have just got my credit debt.. Whats my next step in disputing it? I think I can pull this off for a couple of reasons and my ex-wife has sorta paved the way for me as well

Finally with the bad, some good may come out of it all..
edit on 22-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'll update what I'm doing as I go.. I have got the amount which is owed on my credit check but the company has not send me a copy like they said they would. I have gne to another financial group and requested an e-mail of my credit report.

I went to an American sample letter and I am going to use that as my template which will include my credit report and the two items which I am going to dispute. My report is going to take up to 10 business days to come through so when it is sent, I will continue with what I am going to do. I know I'm in Australia but I guess it may help people in my country if they are interested also.

I had 3 different outstanding debts but one of them was somehow already paid. beats me how but I'll take it. The other two were outstanding electric/gas bills over $1000. The financial company will not help me for now either.

--->Additional info for people who do pay their debts - Even though you are willing to pay your debt, you will still be ineligable to apply for loans for up to another 4 years. I was told even if I was to pay my debts today, I would have to wait 4 years until the debts were literally taken away from my file.
edit on 23-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I followed your steps about two weeks ago but I am still waiting on the results. I received a letter from one of the debt collectors though, I'm not sure what to think of it. The letter pretty much states that they would like my assistance so they can reach a quick resolution to my dispute. They want me to mail them a copy of any documentation that I have to support my dispute (of course I wouldn't send any documents even if I had them
). They go on to say they have requested that the credit reporting agencies change the status of the account to "disputed". Also, at the bottom of the letter it states "your credit report will not be updated if the federal reporting period has expired". This company is in possession of 95% of my debt but only referenced the one credit card account in the letter.

Now Experian is the only one of the three agencies that allows me to view the status of each disputed line. They all say updated except for one which still says pending. The page also shows that my results will be e-mailed to me 9/27/12.... I Don't know if this is good or bad
. Equifax keeps me updated periodically through e-mail but all they say is it's still being investigated. Transunion just sends me spam and for some reason I cannot access my dispute status.

I will post an update once I receive the results.

edit on 30-8-2012 by NefariousKitten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've received the results from Equifax.
And they have verified all the accounts belong to me.

For a while there I thought it might actually work. Should have known better.

I'm guessing it could work if the account legitimately is not yours and/or if the company doesn't reply to the credit agencies.

Thank you for the information anyways. It was still useful to see my credit reports.

However...I think the downside to this is that now the debt collectors will probably be more determined to satisfy the debt now that I have disputed it.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NefariousKitten

Boo

That sucks... I wonder if that now re-sets the statute of limitations, since you contacted them?
edit on 31-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

That I'm not sure of. I don't know where to find that information on my credit file ....don't know if it would even be on there.

Now I'm wishing I would have been patient and waited for someone else to post their results before I attempted this.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If you're trying to fix your debt, a good place to monitor your progress is a site called Creditkarma. I've been using it for over 2 years and it's free. It even gives you a free credit score and you can update your score as often as you want.
Just some helpful advice

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i've been veiwing this website for a couple of years and have never made an account, but i had to just to respond to this.

after seeing this thread, i decided to give this a try, when i did, transunion website would not let me dispute , and neither did experian,both websites claimed to be having technical problems, therefore my one free chance this year was ruined.

on the other hand,equifax did let me dispute,although they didnt have as many negatives to dispute than transunion did.

i disputed all four of my negatives, and yesterday results came back for two of them,its been about 2 weeks since i did this.

the first result was they found i did indeed own the account....sadface*

but the second one they said the item has been deleted from my file...YAY!

so, if anything, this process did get rid of one negative so far, i am still waiting for results of the other two disputes. but the one they deleted im glad for because the amount owed exceeded $1000.

so i'd like to thank the ts, although i dont have perfect credit after this, it did knock something off.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Trans-union wont let me past the security questions..

said it can't let me with the info i provided..

any ideas around this?

the other two worked just fine..

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Or, paying the debts owed would work too.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Or, paying the debts owed would work too.

Youve obviously never gone through a $10,000 dollar two year long divorce

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've heard back from 1 of 3 reporting agencies. Just heard back from Experian. 6 of 9 deleted. 2 updated. One remains. Everyone is going to get different results, but if even one is deleted, you're saving money.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The information that you have shared is really helpful for many people. I am using credit union for fixing my credit for free. Keep updating new information related to credit.

thirdstream.ca...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Flag and bump!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join