It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fix your credit for FREE.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No problem. While entwined in a system meant to keep us down, we must rise up however we can.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Please post results of anyone has any.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kaspermartyrphantom

This is a thread worth reading, I think it is in the wrong area though which is a shame as it should receive more attention than it ultimately will.

I would say from what I know, the only problem with this is if someone has defaulted on a payment and a default notice has been served, then they have paid any amount of money towards the debt. The company can then use this to prove ownership of the debt making it completely enforceable and this method would not work.

edit on 11-8-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We have a bogged down system to rely on. It's literally as easy as going through the motions, and waiting for an email. Mods, could we move this to the correct forum so it may get more attention? This is some good info for people who could really use it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I pay for access to Equifax anyway, so I will try this and report back.
Thanks for the information...will try this on all of the negative lines and see what happens.
Do you have screenshots of before and after for us to see proof it works?
Cheers

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

This is a thread worth reading, I think it is in the wrong area though which is a shame as it should receive more attention than it ultimately will.

I would say from what I know, the only problem with this is if someone has defaulted on a payment and a default notice has been served, then they have paid any amount of money towards the debt. The company can then use this to prove ownership of the debt making it completely enforceable and this method would not work.

Do you mean if someone paid anything at all? Or paid after a default notice?
I get the OP point about if they've been passed to DCAs because then when the credit agency goes back to the original lender, they're likely to take a while to process it all.
Also - fact is if the original lender had the correct paperwork (as per consumer credit act in UK) that once you stopped paying they would take you to court ASAP and not just pass it on to the disgraceful DCAs, who get worse in their tactics the lower down the food chain you go - just use fear tactics, but at a loss when no fear of them exists.
Same premise on DCAs involvement, any original legitimate contact between two parties, cannot just be passed on to another without signature from both parties, why I refuse to deal with DCAs. At no point should they be processing my information...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
~Replying to keep this in my history for future reference.

I read somewhere that if a debt collection agency does come knocking on your door, all you have to do is request them to provide the original signed document that shows that it was you that took out the loan which created the debt.

Seeing as they bought the debt from the business that you took the loan from, they wont have the original documents.

Some debt agencies sell these debts again when it costs them too much to chase you, so now it is in the hands of a third party trying to get the money back.

Also if they send you letters or knock on your door.. do not respond to them. The moment you make any form of comunication with them, you have entered into a contract with them.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JadeMountain
~Replying to keep this in my history for future reference.

I read somewhere that if a debt collection agency does come knocking on your door, all you have to do is request them to provide the original signed document that shows that it was you that took out the loan which created the debt.

Seeing as they bought the debt from the business that you took the loan from, they wont have the original documents.

Some debt agencies sell these debts again when it costs them too much to chase you, so now it is in the hands of a third party trying to get the money back.

Also if they send you letters or knock on your door.. do not respond to them. The moment you make any form of comunication with them, you have entered into a contract with them.

Pretty spot on., or just tell them to get stuffed or you will call the police - they have no powers, nada, nish.
There are a couple of vids on YT where these dorrsteo collectors get what they deserve, a torrent of abuse and told to get packing.
Although on one occasion I wrote to one, obviously with the correct legal disclaimer at the top of the letter about it not being any agreement between us etc, can't think exact wording right now - but the letter was to revoke permission for them to come onto my property...

'With reference to any possible Home Visit you may be contemplating, I would advise you that OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I can advise you now that I have no wish to make such an appointment either now or at any time in the future. Further, there is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc. (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore, take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property. If you send "doorstep collectors" to my home you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless. Should it prove necessary, I will obtain an injunction.'

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Is this just for Americans? If so how would an Aussie go about doing the same thing in Australia?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Dunno why your laughing...
I'm wondering the same thing for New Zealand...did find this,

www.mycreditfile.co.nz...

not sure if it's the same thing??

Will keep looking

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
wonder if there is a law similar to this in australia, my missus has a bad CC debt from years ago and its preventing us getting a house
would love to give this a try.
edit on 12-8-2012 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

it could work i suppose i had a CC debt on my own file that was actually in fact NOT mine lol i chased it up and the agency that put it on my file had to remove it because it wasn't mine at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
reply to post by DarknStormy

Dunno why your laughing...
I'm wondering the same thing for New Zealand...did find this,

www.mycreditfile.co.nz...

not sure if it's the same thing??

Will keep looking

I'm interested in this myself. Star for finding out the website!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Do you mean if someone paid anything at all? Or paid after a default notice?
I get the OP point about if they've been passed to DCAs because then when the credit agency goes back to the original lender, they're likely to take a while to process it all.
Also - fact is if the original lender had the correct paperwork (as per consumer credit act in UK) that once you stopped paying they would take you to court ASAP and not just pass it on to the disgraceful DCAs, who get worse in their tactics the lower down the food chain you go - just use fear tactics, but at a loss when no fear of them exists.
Same premise on DCAs involvement, any original legitimate contact between two parties, cannot just be passed on to another without signature from both parties, why I refuse to deal with DCAs. At no point should they be processing my information...

I am meaning after default notice and it being passed to a DCA.

Not sure about all countries but where I am from, payment to a defaulted account is admission of ownership of debt. Hence the whole token payment thing the debt agencies spout at people who owe money etc.

You pay even 1p to a debt and you own the debt.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The point isn't if you own the debt or not. The point is, the dispute will result in your credit being fixed.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, I will have to give this a try. I have also heard not to make any payment or do not answer their phone calls. Once you do that debt is yours.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
wonder if there is a law similar to this in australia, my missus has a bad CC debt from years ago and its preventing us getting a house
would love to give this a try.

Hey, I thought that whether you had a good, bad credit rating, it didn't apply to a mortgage in Australia as long as you had the required deposit or something?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

I checked one last night but you have to pay $30 to get your record... What a load of crap..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Wow only 4 collections against me, all for medical bills the VA should have taken care of, let's see if this works
I want a credit card

S&F for the op

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Good luck man!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hi there

Are you able to provide a scan/copy of the email or correspondence that you received back from the credit ref agency once this "account" was removed from your credit file.
I am keen to give this a try - but given how things are currently don't want to press the button if it means that DCAs etc will suddenly be more aggressive in pursuing me given the approach made to them from the Credit ref company.
Because as great as this sounds, I find it tough to believe it can be that simple.
What piece of legislation is it that dictates they have this 30/45 day period to produce documentation to the Credit Ref company of they forego all rights to chase said "debt"

Not having a go or doubting you at all - I would just love a bit more information on this if you could find the time to provide it?
Thanks in advance.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join