It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to fix your credit for FREE.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I made a lot of mistakes with my credit as a young lad. Being the type who will find the path of least resistance, I figured this out: YOU CAN FIX YOUR OWN CREDIT FOR FREE AND NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CREDITORS OR DEBT AGAIN. EVEN IS YOUR DEBT! I will now outline the steps one by one. Just follow them!

1: Go here for info: www.ftc.gov...

2: Then, click the link or go directly here => www.annualcreditreport.com...

3: There are 3 credit reporting agencies. Experian, Trans-Union, and Equifax. You will need to follow the onscreen instructions to receive each agency's credit report on you. This is all 100% free, and you can only do this for free once per year.

4: Once you have accessed your credit report for one of the 3 agencies, find on the home page where you can dispute an item on your credit report, and click. You will do this for each and every negative line item on your report, on all 3 reports. The reason you will put for each line item disputed will be "I have no recollection of this account, and am not the owner of this debt." Do not put anything else.

5: The company that holds your debt now has 30-45 days to prove that debt is yours. Since they are either too disorganized, bogged down, etc. they will write off the debt. Just like that.

EVERY line item on my credit report (15+ negative reportings) were dropped from my credit report. I found that the longer it has been in collections, the better. These agencies don't get all the paperwork associated with your debt and therefor can't prove in the time allotted by law that the debt is yours. Give it a try, and post your results. Be patient. It'll take 30-45 days. It took 15 for them to drop my debt. Half the time they were allowed by law.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
thats cool, the other option is Know your Statue of Limitations on debt in your state, in CA its 4 years with out court proceedings and you don't owe it.

It only effects your credit, and after 7 years that tends to drop of an repair it self.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Good tips for members.

Up until recently I had "sworn off" credit. Then I compared condo pricing/payments versus what I'm paying in rent for a little one-bedroom apartment.

Guess who needed a credit rating and quickly?

Now I'm in the process of re-establishing.

For any members who are suffering from credit rating woes you really should try the OPs advice and get this straightened out while you can.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kaspermartyrphantom

Wow, I was just seeking ways to do this today....synchronicity anyone? The trouble I ran into was once I resolved the debt and had receipts, I got dropped in the cracks of time awaiting responses from the agencies. I paid off a couple of debts several months ago, followed the suggested procedures(from a book recommendation) and still I await for them to drop off of my report.
So thanks for this, I will dig into it.

Peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is very helpful info! Thanks! I have been hounded as of late by debt that is nearly 8 years old. I am going to give this a try!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Let me also offer up my assistance with getting misdemeanors expunged from your record in California.
You can really clean up your image quickly if you so desired. There are financial hardship fee waivers available for this.

www.saclaw.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

You don't need to pay a penny to ANYONE with my method. You don't pay to fix your credit, and you don't pay the creditors a dime. They have 30-45 days, by law, to prove its your debt...or it's NOT your debt...even if it IS your debt.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

That link is referring to criminal records, not credit, and I am skeptical about an individual being able to expunge their own record. Is this for felonies? Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Also, is this just for Cali or can this be done in any state?
edit on 11-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is my opinion of course...We had always had stellar credit, everything on time, blah blah... and you know what? I dont think it will really matter a bit what your credit score is. Not any doom adn gloom, but banks want to make money, right? We ahev record foreclosures and bankruptcies. We have serious financial bad voodoo goin on with small business and default on lines of credit. If banks refuse to lower their credit score obsession, then they will not make money if they keep this part of the population barred from loans and etc... or high interest rates for those with bad credit. They just WONT buy. If they pass the fees and higher interest rates onto us who have good credit scores to keep afloat, we simply wont buy ANYTHING with a loan. A whole lot of other "junk" but thats the nutshell of it.

So something has to change with the banks and the credit score obsession since toxic loans didnt work so well for them

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ok, so...

I have a couple of charge off's...do I just let those be and not dispute them? Also how about ones that say Pays as agreed? I never agreed to pay squat. How about loans from the US dept of edu, can I dispute those too?

edit on 11-8-2012 by LittleVoice731 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My original post is referring to credit. My additional link is for misdemeanor record expungement. I have not personally tried it with felonies. I walked into the courthouse with a misdemeanor on my record, filled out one sheet of paperwork for the expungement and one for the fee waiver, and received a letter in the mail that my record was expunged.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

DISPUTE EVERY NEGATIVE LINE ITEM.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the excellent info !! My credit stinks ! Do you know if this applies to Canada as well ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I have no idea, eh?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaspermartyrphantom
reply to post by LittleVoice731

DISPUTE EVERY NEGATIVE LINE ITEM.

When you dispute.. isnt that simply a temporary fix and not going to help long term?? Im reading 2 different things about disputes online.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Disputing a negative line item results in that line item being permanently removed from your credit report if that line item is deemed to be not your debt, or if the 3 credit reporting agencies fail to receive a response from the holder of your debt within the 30-45 day window required by law.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Trust me, I'm not feeding you a line of bull. This is personally tested by me, and works.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Has anyone completed the steps yet?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I just tried Canada equifax and they want 24.95 to get it online ????

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Up until a couple of years ago we were charged for it as well, then the govt did something or another and now we get one access to each agency per year for free.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Btw kasper, thanks for this... This thread needs many more flags so more people will see it
edit on 11-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join