It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know that this has been posted before, but the search function needs improvement.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Can ATS come up with a better search function? Is the server base limited? We many times keep seeing the same thing, over and over. It would make life for the Mods a whole lot easier.

I know I have had it happen to me and probably you as well.

I did search on the Romney/Ryan VP pick and it turned up on page three. WTF?

Maybe there should be a time stamp as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yea, I agree, the search system is slightly flawed, I mean why does Page 3 turn up before page 1?

In other instances, I've typed the correct words, to find what I want 5 pages in..

It does make life hard-ish on ATS aha.

I can only presume the software (?) is a little more complicated, and the Admin have done their best ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
/sticks hand up/

2nd

Simply filtering by date would be a huge help.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I tend not to bother with the search, as I tend to use the new topic fire hose to see if a breaking item has already been posted, has every new post in the past 24 hours, so if a "New" item its easy to spot there.

Anything older than that Ill try the search when it comes up, tip would be to use standard search functions such as "putting the thing your most interested in" inside " to ensure it only shows post with those key words.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have never had any issues with the search function. Ever.

But then again, I search and actually look past the first four links, you know, actually searching. Instead of looking at the first page or two of results, you actually have to search.

Hence the entire purpose behind a search feature, that works pretty well. And the only people who really complain about it are the ones who don't use it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

i actually don't ever see the same type of thread more than 2 times, maybe 3 at max EVER.

but i really don't mind.

extra threads have never got in my way, and it really helps when its the first time for YOU to have ever seen that thread.

i say extra threads can be useful, its hard to start up a conversation in a thread that has 90+ pages and has sunk to the depths of the deep thread ocean trench.

peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Haha

I use it everytime I post a new thread...but still find the thread closed because someone has posted before me.

As far as I'm concerned I have wasted everyones time due to this once the thread is closed.

There has got to be a better way.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I'd flag ya if I could.

I 'd love to walk the halls of ATS and observe their day to day operations. After five days, I could make my observations on how they conduct business. At which point they could take my observations or leave 'em.

Heck, I'd do it next to free, just pay lodging and meals and I'm good to go. I'll pay my way to get there.
SkepticOverlord...ya listening?

I may not be a geek, but I know a problem when I see it.

ETA: I'm sure feelings would get hurt over my recommendations...

edit on 11-8-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

top topics

join