It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help, ATS! (Iranian question)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
reply to post by AgentX09

we also knew about an Incoming attack on what harbor was that oh PEARL harbor. yeah we were warned.
im surprised we werent running a drill that day for an air invasion

not to mention your beloved US leaders Gyp'd japan after.... oh never mind if you haven't googled the events leading up to pearl harbor by now you never will.
edit on 8/12/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)
.Google,lmfao.I Studied American history in college(Liberal Arts,Honors degree)have a 130 IQ and as with the usual ATS Crowd you cannot provide ANY proof to back you idiotic claims concerning Pearl or any obvious slander.Btw your a SUPPOSED American but you state"My Beloved leaders"yet not yours?You are not only a fraud but an uneducated one at that.Dont feel sad though as there are many like you here nowadays.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Oh thank you for posting this to ask the question, I had not had time to go hunting yet.... it is wonderful you are getting immediate answers here!

S&F

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Iran has 20%+ enriched uranium.

Getting to 20% is the hard part. After that it isn't too much more work to get 90% weapons grade. This is why the U.S. and Israel are able to make a valid argument. There is also evidence from the nuclear inspectors that Iran has been covering up their nuclear program. If it was for medical purposes than why would they be covering up stuff?

Sure, the U.S. and Israel aren't always the good guys, but it's pretty obvious from the IAEA reports and other reports that Iran is covering something up.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Slayton

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to what percentage is needed for nuclear energy?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayton
Iran has 20%+ enriched uranium.

Getting to 20% is the hard part. After that it isn't too much more work to get 90% weapons grade. This is why the U.S. and Israel are able to make a valid argument. There is also evidence from the nuclear inspectors that Iran has been covering up their nuclear program. If it was for medical purposes than why would they be covering up stuff?

Sure, the U.S. and Israel aren't always the good guys, but it's pretty obvious from the IAEA reports and other reports that Iran is covering something up.

Alright. I see that generalization made all over the place now. Anything from 20% enriched to weapons grade uranium is lumped into one big category of "highly enriched uranium." Give it a break. Estimations are all over the place, but majority say that it would still take Iran no less than a year for production of nuclear weapons if they're even working towards that goal (for which their is no conclusive proof). You can see some estimates here

How soon could Iran make a nuclear bomb?

This would depend on Iran taking the decision to make a nuclear device and Iran says it will not do so. But experts believe that technically it could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a bomb within a few months. A US general said in April 2010 that Iran could still take several years after that to make a device. Former CIA chief Leon Panetta said in June 2010 that it could take two years. Israel's retired intelligence chief Meir Dagan has said it could take until 2015.

Unnamed "experts" say a few months

It is very concerning and thought-provoking as to Iran's motives for keeping the IAEA out of Parchin, but as far as I know that's the only "stuff" they're covering up.

ETA: Notice that even the "within a few months" estimate is only for weapons grade uranium anyways, as opposed to actually having a bomb.
edit on 13-8-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Slayton

By the way, here are the IAEA reports published to date (you're welcome). Feel free to point out the "mischievous evidence" of a cover-up, besides the Parchin issue.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by jlm912

US has higher traces of enriched Uranium and has used nuclear weapons on other people.

I heard people talk, but now I know it's true..

You hate America.

Do you think that you can blame every body who is not falling for governmental propaganda is hating the nation ?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

even if they want to enrich more they are fully allowed under NPT ! it is no far that someday they go beyond it especially if the illogical pressures boost up.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

I looked up the text of the NPT and you appear to be correct. Your link sheds more light on why Iran would feel compelled to increase enrichment levels, since other countries are unwilling to sell them fuel for their ships.

TheRedneck

edit on 8/14/2012 by TheRedneck because: added link

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlm912
reply to post by Slayton

By the way, here are the IAEA reports published to date (you're welcome). Feel free to point out the "mischievous evidence" of a cover-up, besides the Parchin issue.

I have been informed that I must state that my opinions here and statements are mine and mine alone. None of the following reflects a group or organizations opinion.

The following are issues with Iran's nuclear program, outside of the Parchin issue as you have requested. There are plenty more, I am going to lay out a few of them however, as I don't have the time to shift through all of these. I have seen and looked at all of these reports.

Source: www.iaea.org...

Some subjects that are of Issue: 46, 48, 52

Source: www.iaea.org...

Some subjects that are of Issue: 47-51, 55-58, 64-65.

As I said, there are plenty more. I did a quick run of things that I remember spotting before hand. I feel as if there are a lot of people who really want to defend Iran because of the US' poor reputation with Iran. It is my opinion that in this situation it would be a bad choice to let personal feelings towards the US and it's government get in your way of looking at Iran subjectively.

Also

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by Slayton

Perhaps you can enlighten us as to what percentage is needed for nuclear energy?

Roughly 4%~ for a reactor.
edit on 14-8-2012 by Slayton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join