It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel Good Dog Story anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A friend sent me this link today,knowing I like dogs.
What looks like a German shepherd x Lab(?)rescues her pups from a burning home...
But just look where she takes them:

She ran between the house and truck over and over again until all puppies were safe.
After rescuing all of her pups from the blaze, Amanda sat down next to them, protecting them with her body as the firefighters fought the blaze.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

What a great dog.
And clever too-realising the safest place for her pups was the big truck with all the fire fighters stopping the danger.

Sadly one pup died,but a good tale non the less I think.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Aww. Dogs are very smart. I know mine is, but doubt he'll save me unless I give him a bone. He's a good boy. So cute how the mama brings her pups to the fireman truck. Hope the firefighters adopt one of them.
That would be even more cute.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It's a good one.
Obviously..........lol

Was posted here.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

Oh darn it,I did check the new topics page,but oh well close if you wish mods.

Still a top story though,a good antidote to some of the doom and horror in our world IMO.

edit on 11/8/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: a sinlge letter removed

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not a story but I saw this dog video the other day and it made me smile , so here it is for you

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I think this one is cuter.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Great escape

Here's an amazing dog heroism story with a happy ending .

I think some dogs are smarter than some of the people I know

I've posted this one before but it still makes me laugh even though I've seen it dozens of times .

I want that dog

edit on 11-8-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

That is a cat amongst cats.

reply to post by gortex

Nice dog vids buddy-that corgi at the waterpark is classic-I doubt I could smuggle my German Shep into a water park,but if I could he would be just like that corgi type dog.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wish I had a video, but this happened back in 1979, and I had no clue that I'd need a video camera.

My wife and I rented a house, it was her, myself and a 3 year old mutt. The dog was named Tara. Anyway, about mid May of that year (I didn't have a lawnmower,) I borrowed my dads electric mower. I went out to cut the grass, with Tara out there as well. After cutting about 1/3 of the yard, I turned the mower around to cut the next pass. Tara was out about 100 feet, directly in front of my mower, and laid down there. When I got close to her, she would NOT move. I had to shut off the mower and go to her to get her to move, and to my surprise, about 6 inches behind her were 4 or 5 baby bunnies!
She blocked me from chopping up these bunnies. If not for her, I would have probably chopped up all the bunnies.
My Tara Dactyl (she could jump up and kiss my face, standing still) lived to be 18 years old. She died in 1997, and I think about her almost every day.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Yeah, I love that video.

That's how my dog acts when he sees food.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Aw, I'm so glad that you started this thread [even though my reply to you]. I was feeling kinda low, came in to look-see what's going on in here.....and lo & behold, some great vids!! Some touching, some sad, some sweet, and that one w/the german shep.--super funny

The story about the saved bunnies was so sweet.

S&F

new topics

top topics

join