It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan’s first speech as VP choice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't have anything to add to this, just listening and pondering the message being given after which a proper vetting of Paul Ryan is in order. There are many issues that can be highlighted to see where Mr. Paul stands on a variety of topics such as free speech, banking, oil, religion, guns, capitalism, military, foreign policy, healthcare, welfare, alternative energy, jobs, cyber security, national security..ect.

Source

After being introduced by Mitt Romney at a rally in Norfolk, Virginia, Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin gave these remarks to the crowd, as he starts a four day bus trip with Romney in Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Ohio.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Mitt Romney mistakenly introduced Rep. Paul Ryan as "the next president of the United States"

edit on 11-8-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I wonder how long it will be before someone on ATS call that an "Omen"...

To OP- Thanks for this link as I haven't seen the speech yet and wanted to. I can't comment until I watch but think Romney picked based on looks and figured the both of them together would be too beautiful for the human mind to comprehend.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Mitt Romney mistakenly introduced Rep. Paul Ryan as "the next president of the United States"

That's funny!

My first thought, when Paul Ryan was announced, was "This is Dick Cheney and Carl Rove's pick". It's their call. not Romney's. Poor Romney doesn't even have enough faith in himself to really believe that he could BE the next president of the United States. He's in Romneybot mode!

edit on 11-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I wonder how long it will be before someone on ATS call that an "Omen"...

That was the first thing I thought when I heard the introduction ... it's an OMEN.

That aside .. it was a really good speech. He's just what the Romney campaign needs.
He brought up that he wants to bring back the Clinton program - Work For Welfare.
Obama killed the program ... Ryan wants to bring it back.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
LOL he sounds like a bland Casey Kasem.

I like how he kept everything so open and appealing too. Prosperity and jobs? Hell yeah! How is he gonna, oh he's moving on to more patriotic fluff...

And the winner for puppet of the future goes to... this guy! Cheese Sandwich McNormalson.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Originally posted by windword
My first thought, when Paul Ryan was announced, was "This is Dick Cheney and Carl Rove's pick".

Oh! OK. That makes perfect sense. I was having trouble figuring out Romney's motivation... Because he still could have had Ryan be his right hand man and pick a woman or Latino for VP... But I would bet a lot of money that you're right on this.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Well one thing he is not, he is not an idiot.

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Team Obama released this video this morning following the announcement of Paul Ryan as the vice presidential pick.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I do want what is best for our country, I would love to see us work together, too many I believe only want what is best for themselves, and are not will to make sacrifices, I hate the way the left and the right vilify each other,
divide and conquer,

Looking forward to a day when a good man steps forward, and I don't care whether he is democrat or republican.
edit on 123131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There are several issues that will take the forefront in the Romney / Ryan campaign. One that will be discussed the most in my opinion is the plan Paul Ryan published earlier this year called "Path to Prosperity." This bill is very controversial and it's implications and overall cutbacks have been described on the other side of the isle as extreme. However let's have a look at some charts and projections from Paul Ryan's plan to save America, and then a brief editorial from the Brookings Institute and their assessment of Ryan's plan plus additional information about Romney's "Income Tax Reform Proposal."

For a view of other political issues and where Paul Ryan stands on them can be seen here.

"Plan to Prosperity"

(Alternative sources)

(Kaiser Wells pdf: Proposed changes to Medicare in the 'Path to Prosperity")

Longterm analysis of a budget proposal by chairman Paul Ryan

Congressional campaign committee claim

edit on 12-8-2012 by Daedal because: Added sources

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Obama did the same thing when introducing Biden as his VP pick. He also called him 'the next president of the United States.'

top topics

join