It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticed transforming stars & zig-zagging lights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
On the 9th of this month at around 1am to 4am (early friday morning), I was at a friends house chilling in the garden, having a smoke and a drink, when we where drawn to the sky by a bright shooting star. We began stargazing for hours, having in-depth conversations about everything extraterrestrial as you do, when we noticed really feint zig-zagging white lines extremely high up, barely visible to the naked eye. At first only one person could seem to see them, but when everyone really focused, most people started to notice these strange lights that usually went from right to left to right and then disappeared within a second.

On top of this, we noticed tons of 'moving stars', some going a lot quicker than others; now i've witnessed these before and done some research and it seems likely that they're just satellites, but something happened that shocked us all. A bright star, in roughly a eastern direction, that was previously not in motion, began to move across the sky in what seemed to be a northern direction. Only a hour later, another star in the west split into three and began moving in opposite directions, now obviously we're all totally freaked out and trying to explain whatever they could be, one of my friends even convinced himself that we're about to get invaded by some other-worldly civilisation, you know them types.

Anyway, after I researched on here & other sites I can not begin to explain the zig-zagging lights and the transforming stars, and i'm extremely curious now to at least find some sort of explanation. It's worth taking note that I live in London, about 40 minutes from the Olympic park, and it crossed my mind that this may be some sort of secret defence system above the skies of the UK?

Sorry I can not provide any photographic evidence but none of our phone video cameras stood a chance of capturing what we see, but I just hope my fellow members of ATS can trust my judgement... oh and this is my first thread so you know, blah blah blah...

P.S: Not everyone was partying, and there where sober people who viewed this with us, so you can trust it wasn't just a bunch of intoxicated young adults seeing stuff.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I believe you man, I've seen them too. I used to live near a lake in the middle of no where. We could go out and see this on any given night. No clue what they heck they are but they sure are something.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm glad someone else has experienced this too, it's truly amazing to just wonder what it could be. I bet that was interesting, i'd like to go somewhere soon with limited light pollution so I can have a much better look.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TellEmRye

I kinda think I know what you are talking about. Not the zig-zag stuff, but the stars moving,

I live in the Philadelphia area and back in 93-94 I was in high school and I was visiting my Aunts and Grandmother in Miami for a couple of weeks. We were just chilling out in the pool one night around 11pm or so. I was looking at the sky because the stars were just beautiful that night. All of the sudden out of nowhere, one of the stars moved from a south to north direction and just split off in 6 different directions while the original "moving" star was just left in the middle and never moved again. It wasn't bright at att. It was just the same size and color as the other stars...like a white dot. I looked over at my Grandmother who was next to me and I said "did you just see that?" She looked at me with eyes buggin lol and said "yes!" Mind you she was 85 at the time and she described exactly what I had seen.

I was young, like I said. I had never seen anything before up to that point in my life that I couldn't explain. It FREAKED me out. I remember being so scared that I got out of the pool to go inside and call my Mom, because I was just so scared. I was shaking. As I sit here and write this I can feel the feeling I felt that night.

I have always had a very open mind. I mean my belief is that if we are here on this planet than it would be ignorant of me to think that life elsewhere in the universe does not exist. We are proof that life elsewhere is more than possible.

Even with an open mind, what I saw that night solidified my beliefs. I can see it in my mind like it happened yesterday and still gives me uneasy feelings until this day.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I've seen the same thing every time I go out to stargaze, never fails. The most recent sighting that stood out from the most was about 4 weeks ago. My cousin and I were in the driveway, while standing around I looked above the house towards the east when I saw this bright star shoot into the atmosphere. Unlike a shooting star, it came to an immediate stop, I am very certain that it was observing us for about 10 seconds until he shot back into space from a standstill at incredible speed.

It was on the night of special alignment with the moon, jupiter, saturn, random star, and pleiades. So maybe a unique portal was open up, idk! Amazing experience overall.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3l3v3n
I've seen the same thing every time I go out to stargaze, never fails. The most recent sighting that stood out from the most was about 4 weeks ago. My cousin and I were in the driveway, while standing around I looked above the house towards the east when I saw this bright star shoot into the atmosphere. Unlike a shooting star, it came to an immediate stop, I am very certain that it was observing us for about 10 seconds until he shot back into space from a standstill at incredible speed.

It was on the night of special alignment with the moon, jupiter, saturn, random star, and pleiades. So maybe a unique portal was open up, idk! Amazing experience overall.

Both every interesting sightings, I never realised so many had noticed this sort of thing before, and it seems like despite who's witnessed it, no one has a valid explanation for what it might be, honestly my mind is running wild with possible reasons, real scary to think it could be aliens.

Exactly what I saw 11, except I never saw it stop dead, but plenty where motionless and then just would randomly begin to move across the sky, and they do look like any other star, it's amazing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TellEmRye

Originally posted by 3l3v3n

Both every interesting sightings, I never realised so many had noticed this sort of thing before, and it seems like despite who's witnessed it, no one has a valid explanation for what it might be, honestly my mind is running wild with possible reasons, real scary to think it could be aliens.

Exactly what I saw 11, except I never saw it stop dead, but plenty where motionless and then just would randomly begin to move across the sky, and they do look like any other star, it's amazing.

I am so excited because I have never talked to anyone that has seen the same thing I saw that night. I never really told too many people either because they would give me that weird look. I mean my family knows and I told my husband. I swear because of that night is the reason the alien shows and documentaries freak me out so much.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I totally agree, I usually choose to keep these sorts of things to myself because you get that, as you say, weird look but here on ATS I know people will appreciate what i've got to share. I'm just glad I witnessed this with all my friends, because they'd be the first to doubt me

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Around summer of 2001, I found a star that was more pronounced than the rest in the sky. It was lower, brighter, actually seemed to be about 30-50 feet away from me. I watched it move, and called 2 others over and we watched this thing sail away in the night sky and disappear after about 2 minutes.

It's not the first time I've seen stars "move".

Last monday, I was driving to work around 4am, and I was the only car on the country road. I looked at a bright star, and no sooner than I did, then it decloak like a UFO and get as big as the moon (with a black dot in the middle) than it cloaked back to being a star. It scared the crap out of me! It kinda reminded me of an eye winking

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If I saw something like that i'd totally freak, that's crazy. Maybe we're being observed really closely by another race?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

This is what I think.. It makes sense considering no body else I have heard, saw what I did monday. It only changed for a second and changed back, so you had to be looking at the right time....at 4am. Since I was the only car on the road, makes me think the sighting was specific for me

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Dear London,

I live in southern NM, near AZ & Mexico. I have lived here most of my life. I've seen TONS of wonderful (and unexplainable) lights of various sizes, shapes & colors. I've never been fortunate enough to see anything as grand as the Pheonix Lights, but seriously- I can pick out planets, constellations, i watch for meteor showers and satellites with ease. Something's just flat do NOT fall in any category.

I'm glad people look up. And can see UP (some folks have too many city lights). There are lots of wonderful things.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yeah it was intense at times, they could disappear and reappear and multiply
Now I'm stuck in Phoenix so I don't see much of anything anymore. it's like Mars with meth heads

edit on 11-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I saw a zizzagging white star like object at least once..back in the sixties..at night..when I was a teen. It's probably nothing new..when I was 5 or 6 a low flying silent object travel slowly over at dusk..do believe it was
making a zigzag pattern too as it traveled. It however was red or red orange..solid in color..glowing? i was a
bit young of course to remember it all but it sure was odd looking. Mama pointed it out to me and my brother.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I had to have another look last night, and once again it was a extremely active night sky above London, seeing many of the things we have all explained. These things must be controlled by something intelligent, I don't believe something natural can just stop, split into various different 'pieces' and then all fly off in multiply directions.

I would like to think if these are beings from another world, that they're here in peace because if not, then who knows what we may be up against.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I m almost never up at 1 am, and when I do I rarely look at the sky.

Li claimed that UFOs played tag at night.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

you are not the only one that noticed this........as i see there are lots of people who saw this strange behavior above us........i have noticed this a lot thorough the years, since i started to stargaze, from standing stars that suddenly start to zigzag individually or in group....to stars that stand there and suddenly start to fade till they disappear................, an old man from the place that i usually go wild camping in summer told me to that he once saw a ball of light emerge from behind the mountain at high speed till it stopped there, high in the sky just like one more star, and stood there.........

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I've tried posting about this once or twice, I believe, but it wasn't well received. However, since that IS what this thread is about, I'll share my experiences with you.

I've watched these things since about '93. I'm rural and I'm to see more stars than people who live in light polluted areas. The most I've seen at one time (as in all up there moving at one time) was 9 of them and it could only be described as someone or something putting on an aerial acrobatics show. They would stop, start, make hard left or right turns. Some would go slow while others would zip across almost faster than the eye could follow them and then come to an abrupt stop.

I, too, have looked up and seen a bright star only to see it go from being a star to being a rapidly moving ball of light.

There are now several of us who watch for them across 4 states. We have no idea what they are. We are careful to use the sites that let you know if a satellite or the ISS is in your area and nothing ever corresponds with these moving stars.

One thing we DO know is that they cannot be inside our atmosphere because, if the timing is just right (time zone-wise) and if everyone has clear skies, most of us can see the same ones even with the geographical difference. We will use a constellation as an orientation point so that we know we're looking in the exact same direction.

They DO zigzag. I've seen them pass one another by each moving slightly out of the way, giving the impression that they required a certain amount of space between them in order to pass.

Twice my husband and I have seen them inside our atmosphere, though it was impossible to tell at what elevation they were - and they looked like nothing except a bigger ball of light, even with binocs. Both times it was but seconds before military helicopters approached. Husband was military and knows the difference versus a police or ambulance helicopter. Both time the balls of light did the same thing: they stopped and waited and, as soon as the choppers were within, say, a mile of them (and I'm guessing as it's difficult to tell) they shot straight up until they were out of sight.

I watch for them more than my husband does but one thing he was outside to observe one night was one of them making a hard left turn that was unlike any other turns we'd observed. As it turned, the whiteness of the light intensified to a more silver color, the ball of light stretched into a short line of light and then it took off at an incredible rate of speed, turning more intensely red as it went and *POOF* it was gone.

We've watched them rapidly flash off and on, slowly blink off and on and brighten up to an intensity as bright as the moon and appearing nearly half as large.

I even have my father-in-law watching them now and he doesn't believe in ANYthing .. except he now believes they are there and they are something unknown to us and Mr. Show-Me State will jump in if anyone attempts to make fun of me for claiming to see them. He'll say "You get your @$$ outside and watch with her. You'll see 'em!" They made a big impression on him.

Upon telling my father about them 10 years or so ago, he shared the following with me: back in 1965, my father and several men in our neighborhood all took off in their cars chasing what he described as a "fleet" of them (his words; not mine as I don't know what they are). I was 5 y/o at the time, but I do remember a hullabaloo with the local men running for their cars and taking off together - turns out that's what it was. He said they never caught up with them but when they first spotted them, the balls of light were quite low. He said it was as though they were toying with the men chasing them in cars ~ slowing down to let them catch up a bit and then taking off again, only to slow down and wait again. According to him, this repeated several times and then all the men observed the "fleet" shoot straight upward and out of sight.

When I was 8 y/o, it was too hot to sleep one night; I moved my head to the foot of the bed to be nearer the window in case there was a breeze. From that position, I could look out over the river bottoms about a mile down the hill. I watched a "bright helicopter" descend down into the bottoms and later come up again. That's always what I thought it was as that was how my child's mind could make sense of it. Years later, I realized no chopper could have done that - too heavily wooded and to close for me not to have heard the rotors. In retrospect, I believe it was one of those moving stars.

Keep looking up and keep observing them because, if you're like me, you're going to see other really strange and unexplainable things sooner or later. Some of the things I've seen I believe to be our own secret technology. A couple of things I've seen, though, cannot be of this world. But, since it's "pics or it didn't happen," most will presume it didn't happen. But it did!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I registered here just to make a thread about the same thing, I'm glad other people are noticing them too. Anyways, about 2 weeks ago I was camping with my girl friend and I woke up at 2 AM laying on my back and immediately noticed a bright star in the tree clearing above the tent. It's a very small clearing and I don't remember it being there the night before. I kept looking at it and suddenly it moved a little bit then went back the same way and distance and kept doing that in different directions. I tried to take a video with my iphone but it was too dark to show any stars so I woke up my gf to confirm I was seeing something. She had a hard time focusing on it until it started doing a figure 8! Over and over again I couldn't believe it. It only did it three times maybe. After it was done it just stayed there moving like before I watched it for three hours then went to bed it never left or stopped moving.. I found this weird because it was just before Aug 8th, which is the 8th month and 8 os like infinite.

I went camping at a different location maybe 250 km apart and went to a look out point and saw another one but it wasn't as fun to watch or easy to see. This was a few days after the last sighting. After this I have been very aware of the sky and honestly see them every night. Last night my friend and I went for a walk and as we left my back yard into the alley we saw a very bright light right away and it started going away from us really fast and disappeared. He said he had been seeing stars moving like that before I even mentioned it. We kept walking and saw more all night. We live in a small town and people we know have been seeing them every night. We would have noticed it before, the activity has picked up and in my opinion is increasing by the day. I've been asking friends everywhere in my area 500 km around and they have all seem them lately. Keep yours eyes on the skies. Get away from light pollution and take the time to look before you speculate I guarantee you'll see some.

Oh and these aren't just satellites it is very easy to tell the difference. There is nothing that we know of that can move that fast all over with ease with such precision it defies the laws of physics..
edit on 13-8-2012 by MrBudzworthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have witnessed very similar things up here in the Maine woods.

I'm a big camper and outdoors enthusiast, and my best friend and I spend a lot of time up at his family's camp located in Lowell, Maine. On one particular night we were down in the lake, drinking beers and chatting while we gazed at the stars and universe, which I would say we have a better than average understanding of, at least concerning the positioning of stars and planets.

We watched for 45 minutes what looked like stars or satellites at the opposite end of the lake, slightly above the tree line, zigzagging through the sky then disappearing. We also saw lights that moved straight through the sky yet slowed down and sped up at different intervals. Also, we watched as a light flew across the sky, came very close to another star-like light, it stopped, and the second light continued on in the same path as the first light.

It was awesomely weird. Or weirdly awesome.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join