It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Background Radiation levels in Virginia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ok levels are still all over the place and been hearing stuff about Norfolk Naval base from a few less than credible sources.

Did find this though:

www.miamiherald.com...

NORFOLK, Va. -- The USS Abraham Lincoln arrived at its new homeport in Virginia on Tuesday, where the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier will stay for at least the next four years as it undergoes a major overhaul to double its lifespan to about 50 years. Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Olivine
Could the high readings be from the Naval Shipyard in Norfolk? Or the Newport News Shipyard? That's were all of the Nimitz-class (nuclear reactor powered)aircraft carriers were built.

Maybe your right.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
maybe the stories of the "earthquake" that happend was really a nuclear bomb going off underground...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned PA giving out iodine tablets? PA is right next door....I gotta wonder exactly what is in that area? I use to live in Leesburg VA, so I know the lay of the land. lol

W/ the salt domes causing sink holes and possible havoc in LA...the EQ's and Fracking...people are being poisoned by the Fracking chemicals....and literally dying and losing their homes because they have to move.

In other words...it's not just one thing but many many things.

Ugghhhh

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Hi Tracehd1,

I saw your comment regarding the iodine tablets in pennsylivania. Are they still doing that? I read an article last year around this time. But I didn't know they were still handing them out. Do you have any links that are more up to date.

Thanks,
crappiekat

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
In the interest's of closure the site has confirmed what they believe to be the source of radiation. A hotel rooms ceiling tiles.

The user was on a road trip and when I spotted the increased levels the guy was sleeping in an hotel. The background readings outside averaged 30 and inside room 77 over the period.

Secondly, as AP passed within a mile of two nuclear powered aircraft carriers moored in the harbor, there was no perceptible increase in radiation levels - we would hope so! Ironically, it was only in the motel room at the journey's end that his Inspector EXP detected foreign radiation, believed to come from the ceiling tiles in the room. His readings are still high as I write this, averaging 77 CPM versus normal background in the high 30's or so.

Go figure. These tiles are composed of mineral fibres etc. Of course there is no way to tell where they came from but it does make you wonder.

Where can I get an Inspector EXP lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

That's what I was talking about. I see that all the time on that site. Better safe than sorry though, right?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Appreciate the reply but have to point out this was not an error. The meter was picking up levels of background radiation that are peeking well above the norm. From building materials.

After a quick bit of research a lot of these tiles are made of combination of recycled materials and new material. very hard to track down where they are made and of exactly what.

That to me is slightly concerning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join