It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Remember the mass hiring campaign by the CIA--- The time is up...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Not to long ago several major areas were bombarded with the CIA advertising for job positions. To me it appeared they were looking for covert operators. Were these to be overseas spies or local paid informants? I am sure there was a lot of buz on here about it at the time... I haven't heard much about it since then. I wonder how many people were hired? Considering the time it would take to go through the applications, hire the new recruits and then train them... I think they would now finally be ready and in position to accomplish the job they were hired for...

Just another reason I believe something big is happening soon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012
Not to long ago several major areas were bombarded with the CIA advertising for job positions. To me it appeared they were looking for covert operators. Were these to be overseas spies or local paid informants? I am sure there was a lot of buz on here about it at the time... I haven't heard much about it since then. I wonder how many people were hired? Considering the time it would take to go through the applications, hire the new recruits and then train them... I think they would now finally be ready and in position to accomplish the job they were hired for...

Just another reason I believe something big is happening soon.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where are the major areas that the CIA was advertising for job positions? In what way did they advertise?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It was on the TV and radio. I heard and saw the ads in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. When I first heard them I was like WTF... The CIA is advertising for positions. It seemed surreal... But I wasn't dreaming. It was real and it got a lot of people wondering...

I am not sure if this was one of the real ads but they were just like this.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-8-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Metro Detroit… The Freemasons are hiring too! LMAO! Both those radio ads make me want to puke. Without saying too much or too little – my feeling is the CIA is ‘hiring’ assets because I know someone they approached for an interview and not CIA material to say the least.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

Correct but my point is that some time has passed since the mass advertising campaign. It was over a year ago. I would have to assume these people were being hired for a reason. So they have been hired. They have been training for a year and are now ready to execute their missions... Of course depending upon what their particular mission is it could take years of training. But for some reason I do not think that is the case. If they were hiring super secret spies or something that takes a lot of training time they would use other recruitment methods to find them not by advertising on the TV and Radio.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Therefore I believe this is just another reason something big is about to happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Perhaps they were hired and trained to spy on their neighbors; right here in the U.S.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Perhaps they were hired and trained to spy on their neighbors; right here in the U.S.

I think that makes the most sense. It would take a long time to train operatives to work overseas. Plus they would probably directly target overseas operatives. They would not do so by a mass media campaign. So local neighborhood informants seems like the most likely reason. Maybe neighborhood spies.. Maybe some kind of crowd/panic control... They could be used as agents for the dissemination of certain information to the masses should the traditional media assets fail. I definitely think they would be used as an information network. I am guessing this network would go both ways. Keep the government informed about the thoughts ideas and actions of the locals. Keep the locals informed about the actions of the government. Kind of a way to keep people form panicking. Let everyone know the government is still in control.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think the DHS did a massive hiring campaign a while back too. Alphabet agencies are probably running out of jackboots, former employees may be questioning the integrity of said agencies, its pretty clear the ABC's are accountable to nobody, take simply the TSA for example.

If you take in to account the quotas that are more than likely set for recruitment (age, gender, cultural background, ethnicity, IQ) there is a very large pool to select from to form an army of soldiers that will dance to every string that's pulled. In the last decade with all the propaganda, lies, programming and mass fear campaigns fed to everyone the paranoia created may be affecting the very people that promote it.

The writing on the wall seems that one can come to a reasonable conclusion that mass hiring to the point of advertising, increased budgets to said agencies, ridiculous laws being put in place, are moves designed to create a large gestapo like system. End game being a police state.

Your post OP reminded me of a movie I saw and would like to bring it up if you haven't already seen it, Equilibrium sort of like 1984 with a modern twist.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I remember those advertisements. They were late 2010 and early 2011.

I recall seeing them often on History Channel, especially during Ancient Aliens.

I thought it was strange and the commercials themselves were a bit odd, too.

Yep, I just checked something and they were running Dec 2010.
edit on 11-8-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The garbage was plastered all over Chicago media. It's sexy. Girl dates super evil Muslim terris and then hands some package to the good guy drinking on the patio, outside the swank joint.

The ads showed girl/guy getting prepped in her/his apartment, before the missions.. Rapex, check. Super secret spy squirrel nipple cameras, check. Looks at self in mirror to see if she's alluring, check. We do realize, of course, that all of this is from out tax money, check. Maybe the only job in town, check.

It's sexy.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
The garbage was plastered all over Chicago media. It's sexy. Girl dates super evil Muslim terris and then hands some package to the good guy drinking on the patio, outside the swank joint.

The ads showed girl/guy getting prepped in her/his apartment, before the missions.. Rapex, check. Super secret spy squirrel nipple cameras, check. Looks at self in mirror to see if she's alluring, check. We do realize, of course, that all of this is from out tax money, check. Maybe the only job in town, check.

It's sexy.

I'm also in the Chi market and remember these commercials.

As quietly as they started they also stopped.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They were doing a major hiring campaign for cyber security jobs. They were at my school and sending out fliers and info to anyone in net sec etc etc type classes. The director was even on PBS for a round table about jobs in security and the major hiring campaign they were running.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Im in those classes btw thats the only reason I know. But pretty sure they also announced thats what the hiring binge was for.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
In my opinion a CIA mass "hiring" drive would probably be more of a data-mining operation than an actual campaign to find workers. Think about it. A lot of dangerous people dream of having power... this is why police departments are careful about who they hire... they know they attract power happy folk. The CIA puts out a commercial or ten and can generate a list of potentially dangerous people without having to expend any effort at all.

It'd be interesting to see if anybody who applied ended up on a watch or no fly list.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
What better way to see things from the inside and make change from w/in.....apply and get the job

If anyone dares
CIA advertising

and for those interested....Careers

I would bet a alot that those who had applied did not end up on no fly lists.....

edit on August 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Bah! Now two mods in a row have posted and one actually posted recruiting links! YOU BLEW OUR COVER! :p

~Heff

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyguy2012

Therefore I believe this is just another reason something big is about to happen.

OP, are you replying to yourself

On topic: I wonder if all the Cybersecurity employees will get pensions when they shutdown the Internet?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have a refrigerator magnet from the CIA recruiting center!

Found it in an abandoned desk drawer at a government contractors office after they had laid off a bunch of people.

(I was a temp helping move things out in our down time)...

May take a pic of it and use it as my new avatar.....naaah.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

In my opinion a CIA mass "hiring" drive would probably be more of a data-mining operation than an actual campaign to find workers. Think about it. A lot of dangerous people dream of having power... this is why police departments are careful about who they hire... they know they attract power happy folk. The CIA puts out a commercial or ten and can generate a list of potentially dangerous people without having to expend any effort at all.

It'd be interesting to see if anybody who applied ended up on a watch or no fly list.

~Heff

Ding. As an American with roots back to the Revolutionary War, I'd be happy to help in confidential matters, but presenting yourself as such reads "weirdo", and it'd be smart to take a good look at the pool of "recruits".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join