It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

telekinesis, telepathy, television

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I wish I had loads of research to insert here but today I just woke up with a feeling......

telekinesis- movement of matter with the mind
telepathy- communication through the mind
television- control of the mind through vision

TV has fragmented out minds and continues to churn out robots daily who seek to satisfy their programming without regards to their own humanity or to nature.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You're closer to the truth more than you will ever realize.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

"tele",

1. at or over a distance; distant

But I do get your point.
edit on 11-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

what do you mean by television?

Do you mean the physical entertainment medium that produces the pictures or the programing schedule that is designed to attract us to watch adverts?

Does TV control the mind any more than reading a magazine?

edit on 11-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Could it be that TV clouds our natural ablility to think critically?
It allows for some to become so distracted
by the glittery object in the corner that they cannot
react to the hand slapping them in the face?
Closing off to any questioning of who they really are,
or what they believe on any subject.
Unless, of course, you ask them for their thoughts on the next hoolywood blockbuster.
Then you will be overwhelmed with witty and smart bantor,
Only to be confronted with dumb awe if you change the subject
to one more relavent to our condition.
Anything that would require them to think for themselves
or act.
No action will be taken by these media junkies.
They simply will not act.
They have been rendered impotent = no chance of a threat.
They will demand justice, demand hope and change
then they will just sit there and wait to be saved.
Who are these people?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjangoPhat
reply to post by IandEye

"tele",

1. at or over a distance; distant

But I do get your point.
edit on 11-8-2012 by DjangoPhat because: (no reason given)

ok yeah. after thinking for a minute I should have put this:

television controls the mind by placing preconceived images and ideas into the supple brain. but as we grow up, we turn it around and see the world how out brain has been programmed to see it by TV. so "television" is using the MIND to MANIPULATE our environments......not like a sorcerer's apprentice but unconsciously......our brain can only recognize what it's already familiar with- so anything un-Disney, un-MTV or whatever is ignored. everything we do supports the ideas and programming we already carry..... anything that doesnt fit dies, either literally or figuratively in our worlds.
TV is super powerful at programming the mind. it entices us with fluffy goodness and delivers us violent salesmanship.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Ironic we chart our weekly "programming schedules".

Tele-vision may be manufactured images used for programming the viewers?

Quantum Mechanics?

Projecting light energy?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

television- control of the mind through vision
Quantum Mechanics?

Someone said two of my favorate phrases

Anyhow, I'll combat the "TV = Mind Control" portion of this (but i do love quantum mechanics!)

You have this two fold, i'll start with the kiddies first. I'm pretty sure i dont need to cover the mental state or capacity of children, if i do need to please feel free to ask! Now for the nuts and bolts!

Children/kids/kidlets whatever you wish to call them, are indeed (as we have all read) like sponges, i'm pretty sure most will not argue this point (keep in mind Childrens minds are not my forte). When it comes to developing their personal and mental facalties the jury is still out (Environmental vs Genetics, I'm with the environmental crowd), however it is all agreed that personality starts almost immediately after birth, once the child has well 'figured out' who its parents are. Post that you then start build major personality traits. Now its not until the child has (Keep in mind this is still theory here, and not fact) reached the age of ~3-4 that the full traits have been adpoted.

NOW, with the above in mind, the OP has it half right. The number of parents who use the TV as a baby sitter still astounds me, now its theoritecally possible the child develops their personality traits from the TV characters on the screen (and their associated interactions). This does not mean if you make your kid(s) watch Macguyver they will all be able to turn a paper clip into a microwave using just toilet paper, they will just pickup certain (if not all) taits from the characters from the show. However the 'down side' of it is they (in theory) lack start to empathy, because the child (itself) has not interactions with the TV specifically, thus you COULD in theory develop an individual to adulthood using a TV and specific show sets to produce a 'robot' provided you took the person from an infant.

Adults/Young Adults (Mentally) - These are a different kettle of fish, to turn a robot is quite the feat using just TV, each individual adult will react to stimulus differently, so what you might react too will be different from me, and there is specifically SOME people who just dont react, the best case for this is advets, i for one (when i do watch TV) generally dont watch the ads, i take the time to do something around the house or will flick back to something i was working on, thus negating all the paid adverts, or my wife will come over and chat to me (thus diverting my attention).

All "healthy" households will have that effect, the interruptions would break any 'conditioning' being transmitted via the TV (Provided you got one that appeals to you of course), even that dogs barking, people driving past etc will cause this to 'break' the immersion.

TL;DR Version: TV's cant create robot humans, i could debate that it lowers peoples IQ's depending on the shows watched, but i suspect that would be more personal opinion rather than medical fact.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Agreed you have something how far you follow is your decision.

Litlle point now but:

No camera necessary - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Its down to the flicker / refresh rate or what ever you call it , all screens flicker constantly , it hypnotises you .... it`s always been the plan , and it`s working a treat , anyone seen the movie - Idiocracy ? `coz that`s where we`re heading.

EDIT : throw in the bright colours , loud sounds , and repetative images ...... the tv is their greatest weapon , seriously , it`s so clever i`m not even angry.
edit on 12-8-2012 by RockLobster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
You're closer to the truth more than you will ever realize.

Please teach us, O Wise One.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Ha! Already 6 ears of Absolutely... Effective EXACT Telepathy (Sy-T way): tech.groups.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
NO SKEPTICS OR ASSHOLES ... ONLY NATURAL BORN TELEKINETICS/TELEPATHS/TELEPORTERS/ENERGY MANIPULATORS

When i was young, I started having strange dreams of flying and telekinesis. Many of them were lucid dreams but I was not controlling my surroundings. Every time I would wake up, my hands and feet were vibrating at an alarming rate. I also felt energy all over the place. Sometimes I would try to get out of bed, and when I thought I hit the ground my feet were still in the air. The day I first discovered I had these abilities, I was extremely raged out and angry. My eyes changed strange colors, and my skin was hot as fire. The reason for this is not important, but I was screaming and waving my arms and things started flying across the room. This shocked me so much that I calmed down immediately. Ever since then I have been able to manipulate energy, I kept hearing peoples thoughts whether I liked it or not (it stopped) , I can mentally teleport, with concentration I can influence outcomes of things, I am terrible at my telekinesis power Link below. Also another thing is that lately I have been able to talk inside a few people's minds and also make people see things i want them to see. For a while now, I feel as if I am stuck in the same level. I have tried countless times to excel in my abilities, but for some reason I feel like I cannot excel. I need help to excel in my powers. I have also felt as if I am some sort of Alien or a hybrid from another planet. When I first had these abilities I started seeing symbols in purple. They look like an unknown language with triangles on them. I am although convinced that i am not an alien. I really have no idea how to get stronger at my powers. I have met people who were born with powers before but they say it is like a growth spurt and gets substantially stronger when your brain is fully developed. When I was younger the majority of telekinetic experiences happened involuntarily and I would know this happens because my hands and right lower back part of the brain vibrates with energy. Please can someone help me. You can also email me at: [email protected] . Thank You.

top topics

join