It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to tap Ryan as vice presidential running mate: source

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

Furthermore, it's freaking fiction. Rand spend the last years of her life on government assistance. In the end she died one of the looters. Yet here we are still worshiping some lady who couldn't even live by her own principles.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Whatever Eurisko, the only thing you ever respond with is GOP talking points. Address what I said, stop giving me Rush/Hannity soundbites.

The democrats got trounced royally in 1994 and still won the white house in 1996. Address it or don't speak to me. In fact, Romney-Ryan is very much like Dole-Kemp. Kemp was selected to energize the conservative base around Dole because he wasn't a Supply-Side believer. Kemp was and was famous among that side of the Republican party. The Eisenhower wing pretty much died with Dole in 96. Romney selected Ryan for the same reason Dole selected Kemp. If the numbers were closer he would have gone with someone else.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

$$$ Trillion dollar deficits for as far as the eye can see.

A deficit that Republicans, nor democrats, have a plan for.

Looking for a plan?

Boy, have i got a guy for you to listen to.

- Paul Ryan -

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

almost look like they could be father and son or at least related if not seperated by a lot of age,i know very little about his vp choice other then what ha been said in this thread does any one have a website that has more info on this guy that is from reliable sources?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Looking for a plan? Boy, have i got a guy for you to listen to. - Paul Ryan -

If he is the plan, then why is he running as VP?

You would think the person with the plan would be the top dog on the ballot.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Whatever Eurisko, the only thing you ever respond with is GOP talking points. Address what I said, stop giving me Rush/Hannity soundbites.

The democrats got trounced royally in 1994 and still won the white house in 1996. Address it or don't speak to me. In fact, Romney-Ryan is very much like Dole-Kemp. Kemp was selected to energize the conservative base around Dole because he wasn't a Supply-Side believer. Kemp was and was famous among that side of the Republican party. The Eisenhower wing pretty much died with Dole in 96. Romney selected Ryan for the same reason Dole selected Kemp. If the numbers were closer he would have gone with someone else.

Listen to me carefully.

The fundamentals have changed since 1996.

This is the year 2012.

The Gross Debt to GDP Ratio is 100%.

We are in the middle of an economic crisis and Obama couldn't care less about the

$16 Trillion National Debt. - Spend --Baby-- Spend -

Bill Clinton got re-elected because the US economy was - BOOMING - with the

Dot.com bubble. The World Wide Web gave birth to Google, Yahoo, eBay and

Amazon.com. Bill Clinton got lucky. He didn't invent the internet but he took

credit for great economy.

-------------
Here we are in 2012. We are stuck in - stagnation -.

We deserve better than this.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

almost look like they could be father and son or at least related if not seperated by a lot of age,i know very little about his vp choice other then what ha been said in this thread does any one have a website that has more info on this guy that is from reliable sources?

There are many more videos of Paul Ryan on YouTube. -- Enjoy! --

He knows his numbers.

He was the best pick.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

We are in the middle of an economic crisis and Obama couldn't care less about the

And yet the people you are constantly cheerleading for are no damn better.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Looking for a plan? Boy, have i got a guy for you to listen to. - Paul Ryan -

If he is the plan, then why is he running as VP?

You would think the person with the plan would be the top dog on the ballot.

Look at it this way.

Mitt Romney is the CEO.

Paul Ryan is the CFO. The books will be balanced and the nation will prosper.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

There was a really strong movement on the ground to put him in there. We'll see if it works out for them. This entire election is going to boil down to the Ryan plan and the GOP has staked their future on it. I'm not sure how it's going to go over with most American's. I'm sure it's popular around here as most ATS posters are quasi-anarchists who would just love to see government go away.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Look at it this way. Mitt Romney is the CEO. Paul Ryan is the CFO. The books will be balanced and the nation will prosper.

Show me their plan to balance 16 Trillion.

I'll be waiting but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

And yet the people you are constantly cheerleading for are no damn better.

President Mitt Romney will bring us economic prosperity and a 4% unemployment rate.

Obama will throw us over the Fiscal Cliff and keep the unemployment rate high so

he can declare a " crisis" and push through a nationwide Value Added Tax.

------------

Lets see now. Which is the better path to take?

Think long. Think hard. Make your choice.

I already have.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Look at it this way. Mitt Romney is the CEO. Paul Ryan is the CFO. The books will be balanced and the nation will prosper.

Show me their plan to balance 16 Trillion.

I'll be waiting but I won't hold my breath.

Funny you should mention that. Chris Matthews is also holding his breath.

He is waiting for a plan from Obama.

Where is it ?????????????????????????????????????

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Funny you should mention that. Chris Matthews is also holding his breath. He is waiting for a plan from Obama. Where is it ?????????????????????????????????????

That's funny. I had already told you the Democrats don't have one. But since you can't show that Romney and Ryan don't have a plan to balance a 16 trillion dollar debt, you try to deflect with this Obama nonsense.

You know what they say, put up or shut up. Which one will it be?

Your the one shouting about their ability to balance this humongous 16 trillion dollar debt.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
One thing this pick has proven is how little the executive branch wing of the GOP is influencing things in the last 5 years. The GOP has become driven by it's House members. The old White house wing has pretty much imploded and is at it's weakest point.

I'm also surprised Romney didn't pick someone who could shore up his foreign policy. Biden was chosen for that purpose, this may well be one of the least experienced foreign policy tickets since Carter-Mondale.
edit on 11-8-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

edit on 11-8-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

President Mitt Romney will bring us economic prosperity and a 4% unemployment rate.

How? Through deregulation, and lack of regulation, which led to the economy collapsing in the first place? By outsourcing our jobs, like Willard did while running Bain? By giving more tax breaks to the ultra wealthy who don't need it? So they can trickle all over us commoners
By starting more trillion dollar wars? How will that lead to economic prosperity & a 4% unemployment rate?
edit on 11-8-2012 by KireDj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I just watched a video of this guy raking Obama over the coals and was rather impressed by him. I was actually going to start a stupid Prophecy thread, but got caught up in trying to make the new TV work with the rest of my electronic nonsense.

I think this is a rather bold move on Romney's part. Frankly I think he may have just cost himself the election if the news is true. Seems awful young to be a VP.

I'm going for Romney and this pup (I know I'm WAY younger) because I feel that the two will stay moderate in the first term, giving us a chance to find someone better. I believe Obama without the restraints is a horrible prospect for this country.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Ain't no feeling you got domo, its the truth....

FORWARD -into an oncoming bus is what we got with Obama

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreamwatcher

But, the hell with it, the FICA lesson for today:

Great post..Thank you for posting that.
This would be great info for a thread in itself!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
He can't even get the announcement of his running mate correct, ...

Obama couldn't even get the number of states correct. He said '57' instead of '50'. Obama couldn't even get the year he was conceived correct. He said the freedom marches and the Kennedys got his parents 'together'. That's simply not true. More Obama-isms .

Politicians are human. They get the wrong words out during important speeches. It happens.

Originally posted by longlostbrother
Of course I read the book... It's not good, it's delusional.

It's delusional to think that Atlas Shrugged wasn't good.

Furthermore, it's freaking fiction. .

So a fictional book can't expose a truth? Riiiiiiight.

It's funny how the left hates Atlas Shrugged.
It exposes the hypocrisy of the so-called tolerant and caring far left.
Hits too close to home ...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by babybunnies
He can't even get the announcement of his running mate correct, ...

Obama couldn't even get the number of states correct. He said '57' instead of '50'. Obama couldn't even get the year he was conceived correct. He said the freedom marches and the Kennedys got his parents 'together'. That's simply not true. More Obama-isms .

Politicians are human. They get the wrong words out during important speeches. It happens.

Originally posted by longlostbrother
Of course I read the book... It's not good, it's delusional.

It's delusional to think that Atlas Shrugged wasn't good.

Furthermore, it's freaking fiction. .

So a fictional book can't expose a truth? Riiiiiiight.

It's funny how the left hates Atlas Shrugged.
It exposes the hypocrisy of the so-called tolerant and caring far left.
Hits too close to home ...

It's not delusional t think it's not good:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's generally regarded as not great. Only people that want to believe it's underlying message (emphasise on "lying") thought it was above sub-par.

It's been reclaimed by many on the far right, hilariously, as good fiction, or a important parable, but it's not. It's C-minus level propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join