It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to tap Ryan as vice presidential running mate: source

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
How come Ron Paul is never considered for a VP position? Oh wait, that's right! I forgot!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We have a plan.

Yea, I know !

This must seem like "de ja vue all over again". but I thought I ask you about a "plan" while we were on another thread.

I have been distracted by other things, ( I actually have a life ), and I have likely missed it.

Could you be so gracious as to enlighten me again as to the inner workings of this plan ?

If this plan has real merit, I might be persuaded to change my attitude toward some things.

As I expressed before, I intend to vote a straight Democratic ballot this time. It was Harry Reed who most influenced this decision when he declaired "the most important thing we can do is my 'this man' a one term president."

At the time Obama had not had time to put forward any ideas as a real agenda. All Reed had to go on was either a perseption based on what others had said. Or maybe it was based on "something a little more obvious".

I have always thought a man should be given a chance to screw things up on his own, before I judge him as such. Since making this statement about the "Republican agenda", I have seen them put party and their own interests ahead of the country many times.

I can think of no better way to show my disapproval of this agenda or the job they have done than a blanket vote against the entire party.

I don't even care who is running for what office on the Democratic side. I just do not want a republican elected, or re-elected for anything.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Rubio made more sense Romney just handed Obama 4 more

This country is damned.,

No it's not.

The truth is that this election will be a referendum on Obama.

The independents will walk into the voting booth and vote against Obama.

President Mitt Romney and VP Paul Ryan are already on their way to the

White House.

- less than 3 months to go -

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

As much as I want Obama out of the oval office a Romney/Ryan ticket will not get it done the left wing attack machine will go in to high gear.

Romney is the evil rich guy
Ryan is the guy who wants to throw granny off the cliff and hates women and children.,

Hell we saw the attack ads about how Romney at Bain killed that woman they straight out lying so far.

I do not see a "republican win" flat out lying got Obama elected and fat out lying is going to get him relected.

Because the left listen to that crap.

Like i said i want Obama out but stick a fork in the Romney campaign it's done.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you will cheer up after you see the 3 presidential debates and the 1 VP debate.

Keep your eye on the Rasmussen poll.

Romney 46%

Obama 44%

Economy is getting worse.

Unemployment - Up .......8.3%

GDP - Down...................1.5%

VP Paul Ryan will pound Joe Biden into the ground with the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Rasmussen polls are ALWAYS an outlier. If that's the poll you're going to pay attention to you'll be very happy until election night, then very sad when the numbers prove to be waaaaay wrong. Shoot, even Fox polling has Obama +9 in a head-to-head match up between Obama & Willard. The polls across the board have been trending towards Obama, hence Willard's Friday night news dump of his VP pick. Try to change the topic, fast. Also, if they are proud of their VP choice why not wait until Monday? The news of his pick is going to be drowned out over the weekend & by the winding down of the Olympics. Tells me they aren't too thrilled to announce Ryan as their pick but need to do something quick to try to distract everyone from all their blunders and Mittens tax "problem."
edit on 11-8-2012 by KireDj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KireDj

Rasmussen polls are ALWAYS an outlier. If that's the poll you're going to pay attention to you'll be every happy until election night, then very sad when the numbers prove to be waaaaay wrong. Shoot, even Fox polling has Obama +9.

In the elections in the past Rasmussen is usually the closest.

Time will tell.

I see President Mitt Romney winning with 285 Electoral Votes.

- USA Today Electoral Tracker -

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Rasmussen polls are ALWAYS an outlier. If that's the poll you're going to pay attention to you'll be every happy until election night, then very sad when the numbers prove to be waaaaay wrong. Shoot, even Fox polling has Obama +9.

In the elections in the past Rasmussen is usually the closest.

Time will tell.

I see President Mitt Romney winning with 285 Electoral Votes.

- USA Today Electoral Tracker -

It is still 3 months to go to the election, but I don't see it happening, especially with the choice of Paul "my budget plan is insane" Ryan. His Medicare reform proposals will lose Romney at least one state (Florida) and will push others away from the GOP. But let's see what happens - it's easy to make predictions at this stage of the game!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I see President Mitt Romney taking Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia , Wisconsin

and Colorado.

That adds up to 285 Electoral Votes.

Time will tell how close i am.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I see President Mitt Romney taking Florida, Ohio, North Carolina, Virginia , Wisconsin

and Colorado.

Picking Ryan as his VP may have just cost him Florida, because of Ryan's budget proposal. In Wisconsin, according to the RCP average Obama is +4.5. Typically, a VP pick will gain a ticket 2-3 percentage points in the VP's home state. Still an Obama advantage. I don't see Ryan helping in Ohio and Obama is around +4.8. And those are RCP numbers I'm citing which tend to use calculations and polls that give Republicans an advantage. Like you said though, time will tell & a lot can happen between now and the election. But I have a feeling once the electorate gets to know Romney more in the debates, the trend towards Obama will accelerate.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

and Colorado.

Picking Ryan as his VP may have just cost him Florida, because of Ryan's budget proposal. In Wisconsin, according to the RCP average Obama is +4.5. Typically, a VP pick will gain a ticket 2-3 percentage points in the VP's home state. Still an Obama advantage. I don't see Ryan helping in Ohio and Obama is around +4.5. And those are RCP numbers I'm citing which tend to use calculations and polls that give Republicans an advantage. Like you said tough, time will tell & a lot can happen between now and the election. But I have a feeling once the electorate gets to know Romney more in the debates, the trend towards Obama will accelerate.

Real Clear Politics combines ALL polls.

Most polls shamelessly stack their polls with democrats.

I'll stay with Rasmussen.

I see the election looking very similar to the Recall Election for Gov. Scott Walker

in Wisconsin. Gov. Scott Walker won in a landslide.

That election was the canary in the coal mine for team Obama.

-------------
Obamas team is completely out of ideas.

They have been reduced to calling Mitt Romney a murderer.

Where do they go from there?
-------------

They will probably tell America that Paul Ryans mother wears combat boots.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I see the election looking very similar to the Recall Election for Gov. Scott Walker

in Wisconsin. Gov. Scott Walker won in a landslide.

That election was the canary in the coal mine for team Obama.

-------------
Obamas team is completely out of ideas.

They have been reduced to calling Mitt Romney a murderer.

Where do they go from there?
-------------

They will probably tell America that Paul Ryans mother wears combat boots.

I think that we need to politely agree to disagree here. My take on things is obviously different from yours, and it's still far too early to say what's going to happen. And I still think that the Rasmussen polls are wonky.
edit on 11-8-2012 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Okay, well just keep a close eye on the Rasmussen Poll around November 1st.

Then watch the other polls move toward the Scott Rasmussen numbers.

I have seen it happen in the past and it will happen again in 2012.

------------

BTW, Dick Morris says Romney will take Pennsylvania in November.

Bill O'Reilly laughed out loud and ask why?

Dick Morris said the democrats got killed in the November 2010 election

in Pennsylvania. Obama called it a shellacking. They will get killed again in 2012.

- Food for thought. -

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm fully aware the RCP combines polls, but not ALL polls. They pick and choose & tend to include outlier polls like Rasmussen. I prefer fivethirtyeight.com anyway. And, yes, they combine polls too. But there is a lot more put into the calculations at 538. If you are so sure that polls are stacked with Democrats (which for some polls may be true, but the same can be said for others that stack the deck with Republicans,) why don't you assume Rasmussen does the same? 538 has been spot on accurate in the past. Rasmussen has proven time & time again to not be very accurate.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That right there says all you need to know about Dick Morris. The guy will say anything to keep suckling off the Faux teat. Did I say "teat?" I meant feet, toes.
Even Rasmussen has Obama +4. And Quinnipiac has Obama +11.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm fully aware the RCP combines polls, but not ALL polls. They pick and choose & tend to include outlier polls like Rasmussen. I prefer fivethirtyeight.com anyway. And, yes, they combine polls too. But there is a lot more put into the calculations at 538. If you are so sure that polls are stacked with Democrats (which for some polls may be true, but the same can be said for others that stack the deck with Republics,) why don't you assume Rasmussen does the same? 538 has been spot on accurate in the past. Rasmussen has proven time & time again to not be very accurate.

-Not in prior elections -

Lets just all keep a close eye this year. Then we will know.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That right there says all you need to know about Dick Morris. The guy will say anything to keep suckling off the Faux teat. Did I say "teat?" I meant feet, toes.

Bill O'Reilly also laughed out loud.

It sounds unlikely.

However, the rationale makes sense.

Truth be told, the democrats DID get killed during the November 2010 - shellacking -.

Just ask Obama.

------------
This is another reason why Obama / Biden are in trouble.

They are up against a guy with a boat load of common sense.

This is their worst nightmare.

Ryan calling ObamaCare - smoke & mirrors -.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think the 2010 elections are going to matter that much. The democrats took a beating in 94 and Clinton still won in 96. I think it's more likely Obama will win the white house and the republicans will win congress. People seem to be enamored of gridlock.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I don't think the 2010 elections are going to matter that much. The democrats took a beating in 94 and Clinton still won in 96. I think it's more likely Obama will win the white house and the republicans will win congress. People seem to be enamored of gridlock.

The American people are not enamored with the - Fiscal Cliff -.

The American people are not enamored with the $16 Trillion national debt and

$$$ Trillion dollar deficits for as far as the eye can see.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

$$$ Trillion dollar deficits for as far as the eye can see.

A deficit that Republicans, nor democrats, have a plan for.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join