It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to tap Ryan as vice presidential running mate: source

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Romney to tap Ryan as vice presidential running mate: source

www.chicagotribune.com

NORFOLK, Virginia (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney plans to name Congressman Paul Ryan as his vice presidential running mate on Saturday in a move that will bring the debate over how to reduce government spending and debt to the forefront of the race for the White House.

Romney will introduce Ryan at the retired battleship USS Wisconsin - coincidentally named for Ryan's home state - in Norfolk, Virginia, at about 9 a.m. EDT (1300 GMT), according to a Republican official who asked not to be identified.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I just watched a video of this guy raking Obama over the coals and was rather impressed by him. I was actually going to start a stupid Prophecy thread, but got caught up in trying to make the new TV work with the rest of my electronic nonsense.

I think this is a rather bold move on Romney's part. Frankly I think he may have just cost himself the election if the news is true. Seems awful young to be a VP.

I'm going for Romney and this pup (I know I'm WAY younger) because I feel that the two will stay moderate in the first term, giving us a chance to find someone better. I believe Obama without the restraints is a horrible prospect for this country.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I like Obama's RUH ROH face.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Who cares if he is good at attacking Obama? His absurd budget plan included the Privatization of medicare and tax cuts for millionaires. Good luck with that guy.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
And the GOP leans so far right they drag the country off a cliff...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Looks like four more years of Obama. The GOP threw away their chance at the white house when they turned on Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I am not a supporter of any of the clowns.

So mean! Do not # with Mr Wrong (from the Mr Men series of children's books), he is liable to get angry, and you do not want to see him when he is angry.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Romney chose Paul Ryan?

The guy who voted yes on making the Patriot Act permanent?
The guy who voted yes on the NDAA?
The guy who is committed to continued military aid and support to Israel?
The guy who voted yes on authorizing military action against Iraq in 2003?
The guy who wanted to privatize medicare?

I mean, exactly what will Paul Ryan contribute to the ticket other than to woo tea party voters who will vote for Romney regardless?

Does Romney want Wisconsin that badly? I hardly think Wisconsin is worth Romney risking Paul Ryan on his ticket.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I take it you're not a Ron Paul supporter.

Completely off topic, what is your avatar? It seems vaguely familiar. I have to be honest, it makes me angry. I don't know why, but I want to punch it. I want to take that flower pot and just smack that thing on the head with it. Then I want to send it to Guantanamo. After it's genitals have been pointed at long enough, I want it shipped to Alaska, covered in delicious salmon and honey and left for the grizzly bears. When the Grizzlies have finished digesting, I want to take that feces, load it into the most advanced rocket we don't even know about and launch the poo at a speed that makes light feel bad about itself.

oh wow you are serious? and you want to vote for Rmoney? I have no friends that make 250k or more a year. do you?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Apparently he will galvanize(something Romneybot has failed to do) the conservative base to get out the vote, which makes some sense. I doubt Independent voters will be impressed though.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Apparently he will galvanize(something Romneybot has failed to do) the conservative base to get out the vote, which makes some sense. I doubt Independent voters will be impressed though.

There's no reason to "galvanize" the tea party/conservative base, they hate Obama, they're going to vote whether or not Paul Ryan is on Romney's ticket. Seriously, what was Romney's team thinking? I mean Ryan isn't Palin bad, but he is as establishment as they come, he contributes nothing interms of bringing in undecides, seriously.

Wisconsin? Is Wisconsin worth all this fuss? I hardly think so.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I had a feeling my decision to vote a straight Democratic ballot was the right one several days ago.

Some would say I am just accepting the lessor of two evils.

Well, if that helps you sleep at night, I guess that's as good a reason as any.

I do ask that you consider the alternatives we have been offered through the past several election cycles before judging my decisions too harshly.

I am not sure of who else is on my local Democratic ballot, but a straight vote would be the surest way of NOT voting Republican and getting some Tea Party Crazy!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Completely off topic, what is your avatar? It seems vaguely familiar. I have to be honest, it makes me angry. I don't know why, but I want to punch it. I want to take that flower pot and just smack that thing on the head with it. Then I want to send it to Guantanamo. After it's genitals have been pointed at long enough, I want it shipped to Alaska, covered in delicious salmon and honey and left for the grizzly bears. When the Grizzlies have finished digesting, I want to take that feces, load it into the most advanced rocket we don't even know about and launch the poo at a speed that makes light feel bad about itself.

oh wow you are serious? and you want to vote for Rmoney? I have no friends that make 250k or more a year. do you?

Uh, yes. A few.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ha ha, that made me laugh.

If you have kids its a great series of books with loads of different characters. Mr Small, Mr Strong, Mr Dizzy, Mr Tickle are just some of the legends involved.

Back to Romneybot/Ryanface, I still think they have a good chance at pulling of this election, solely because of the state of the economy.

link   
reply to post by hdutton

I am not sure of who else is on my local Democratic ballot, but a straight vote would be the surest way of NOT voting Republican and getting some Tea Party Crazy!

It takes a brave man to admit he is a fool. You're obviously very brave. Screw research! Just go D!

link   
Rubio would have made more sense. I wonder if he was asked and said no.

Looks like yet another election to ignore.

Ron Paul was the only candidate worth bothering. Maybe I'll still go write him in but my local and state elections are shaping up to be pointless as well so there's no reason for me to travel and tolerate all the jackassery for "lesser evil" soul selling.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Uh, yes. A few.

i rest my case!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

But but wait a minute! Aren't you one of those skeptical conservative republicans defecting! Romney chose Paul Ryan so that he can ensure your vote come November! Where are you going??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join