It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Sal's Warning

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Interesting video,

I have a HUGE problem,
I've read many topics on Magnetic Polar Shifts, from realistic to doomsday threads.
Now if my attention wasn't focused enough on the Great Magnetic Polar Shift Flip, Some guy who claims he is from NASA has to throw in Extra Terrestrial Alien Communication to confirm the Great Magnetic Shift will be dooms day for over 3/4 of the human race in the summer of 2016?

So since I wasn't truly convinced of a doomsday Magnetic Polar Shift flip before, I ought to be now since it is confirmed by ET? I mean really?? Come on

Before anyone sells their stuff. If this Magnetic Shift stuff interest you then visit sites like
ngdc.noaa.gov...

also
Read the real articles by real scientists that don't need ET to tell us if this happens what will happen.

I would have been much more impressed if this Dr Sal stayed with his scientific background and shared his thoughts of a hypothesis he created with his own Geomagnetism information. When you add ET to this topic it just sounds stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yea! After the world ends in 2012 its going to end again in 2016! Take that 2016!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I agree but at the same time only those who realize life is finite, death is real and in some way fear it, will value their own time and the time of others on Earth. Because in the end everybody fears death, even if they say the exact opposite.

So it's not a matter of fearing death or not, but realizing our life is finite and will end as we currently know it. Only those that don't realize this will be capable or silly enough to spend their entire lives like hamsters in a cage spinning a wheel that it's not theirs without looking to either side.
edit on 12-8-2012 by thomas_ because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legos
At one point the guy says that the alien transmissions are not like what we get in TV or Radio, that they're organized sequences of bits and "beats" (bytes?).

This, along with "Ursula major", are two technical terms he would have to use fluently, given his role in decoding transmissions. Also, didn't TV transmissions switch to digital last year? Meaning, it is like TV after all?

There's also an occasional smile here and there that are very telling. IMO this sounds like total BS.

Don't get me wrong, i am skeptical as well...but...

The first reference likely meant that the information received is not "clear" to the avg. person as in the sense of images/sound etc as with a TV or radio....this is what he wanted to say. You are over-thinking this. He simply said its bits/bytes which need to be decoded first.

I agree that "Ursula Major" and "Beats" would be some major, major faux-pax which *normally* would make me lose ANY belief in the validity of the entire story right away - but the remainder of what he says does make halfway sense (unlike many other newage people's rambling) - so i don't know what to think about that he used those two words wrong. I dont think it would be ok to dismiss the entire story because of this as long as the other stuff makes halfway sense. REGARDLESS whether the story is true or not, the man seems rather smart, he DOES know some stuff (by own experience or simply read, this i do not know.) - which makes it rather unlikely he would use "Ursula Major" or "Beats" like some half-twit making up some story. But that's just my $0.02.

(It is, of course, possible he is an actor and the entire script is very well studied to make him sound genuine, and as an actor he might indeed not know about "Ursa Major" and "Bytes"...but that's just speculation)

You know, i want to be FAIR in assessing this, this includes looking at the holes in the story and inconsistencies - but ALSO voicing when i think that *some skeptics* are wrong. (Which cam indeed happen too!

For example, one often given argument is with the distance and the 331 days. But some people also got this wrong since he did not say that the radio waves are in fact going to/coming from "Ursula Major"...just that the communication is in that general direction. We do not KNOW what the actual destination/origin of this alleged communication is, we do also not know the distance. Each argument who uses the DISTANCE and the speed of light, pointing out its not possible and he must be lying i cannot accept for "debunking" since we simply dont know where the signal goes and comes from. Again..i want to be FAIR and this includes both sides here

Another, theoretical (yes, speculative!) thought...we cannot just assume that a signal is sent and then with only a small delay is sent back/replied to immediately. It could very well be that the "receiver" is very close and there is some other reason for the delay, NOT having to do with the speed of light. What i am saying, from the duration of how long it takes for this communication we can not necessarily conclude to the distance.

edit on 12-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
One more thing. If it takes 361 days for our transmissions to reach them, Wouldn't that put them less then a light year away? Last I checked there were no other solar systems within a light year from ours.

Bonk!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViktorHaze
reply to post by TreatyWomack

Members on here have responded to those questions, but here we go again...
Yes, it's happening.
No, it won't be the end of the world since it hasn't been the end the hundreds of times it has happened in the past.
No, the Van Allen belts can't fall to the Earth, it doesn't work that way, and I have never read that from any reputable scientist.
Good enough?

actually it's not good at all save for your admission that it is happening.

"No it won't be the end of the world since it hasn't been the end the hundreds of times it has happened in the past"

WOW! just WOW! your logic is extra ordinary!

you should be careful where you use that logic, Vik!! "No, you won't get pregnant/random STD since you haven't gotten pregnant/random STD the hundreds of times you've gone without a condom in the past." with logic like that, it's a wonder you're alive, pal!

and i'm not saying that the world is going to end (how could i know?), i think it is unwise and unbecoming to make baseless pronouncements. perhaps you should check your tendency of making such pronouncements. and "it doesn't work that way" is a pretty weak support for your "argument" that the van allen belt will not affect the earth as a result of the magnetic shift that's already occurring.

the science is solid. and every scientist who has spoken on the issue concedes that the earth will likely (many say definitely) see increased radiation from the van allen belt as a direct result of the shifting poles. find me one that unequivocally says otherwise!! here's a hint: you won't be able to! it's simple science.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreatyWomack

Originally posted by ViktorHaze

Members on here have responded to those questions, but here we go again...
Yes, it's happening.
No, it won't be the end of the world since it hasn't been the end the hundreds of times it has happened in the past.
No, the Van Allen belts can't fall to the Earth, it doesn't work that way, and I have never read that from any reputable scientist.
Good enough?

actually it's not good at all save for your admission that it is happening.

"No it won't be the end of the world since it hasn't been the end the hundreds of times it has happened in the past"

WOW! just WOW! your logic is extra ordinary!

you should be careful where you use that logic, Vik!! "No, you won't get pregnant/random STD since you haven't gotten pregnant/random STD the hundreds of times you've gone without a condom in the past." with logic like that, it's a wonder you're alive, pal!

and i'm not saying that the world is going to end (how could i know?), i think it is unwise and unbecoming to make baseless pronouncements. perhaps you should check your tendency of making such pronouncements. and "it doesn't work that way" is a pretty weak support for your "argument" that the van allen belt will not affect the earth as a result of the magnetic shift that's already occurring.

the science is solid. and every scientist who has spoken on the issue concedes that the earth will likely (many say definitely) see increased radiation from the van allen belt as a direct result of the shifting poles. find me one that unequivocally says otherwise!! here's a hint: you won't be able to! it's simple science.

Dude, just because your foolish enough to fall for the same lame crap time and time again, there's no reason to get pissed off at people who actually us reason and common sense before accepting any random persons word for fact.

Aliens 2016 lmao.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It’s not the bull$h!t from the bull$h!t artists I worry about,-
It’s the bull$h!t from the one artist who is telling the truth…

-Propulsion

edit on 12-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rock427

I will say this, there have been an estimated five mass extinctions that we know of in earths history.

Interstingly, one of the greatest killers in the history of the world was plate tectonics. As the continents moved together into a supercontinent, like pangea, the amount of shallow water in the world decreased dramatically. Where is the majority of life found? In, or near, shallow ocean water. With less of this kind of environment in the world, extinctions occured on a massive scale. It's not quite as exciting as aliens or catastrophies, but that won't stop me from proclaiming: Stop plate tectonics!

edit on 12-8-2012 by sheeplearepeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The only thing simple, is you, I'm afraid...
Get a grip, man...you headcases that believe this liar have been pointed to websites with actual scientists telling us, it will not be the end of the world it is a natural, non-event event.
But noooo, you know better because you have a feeling this turd is telling the truth, when numerous times the reality of the situation has been laid out in front you by many rational posters on here.
It will never be good enough, because it rubs against your idea of doom for us all.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chargeit

That's just it, isn't it?
I don't care what you say, I don't care what scientists say, I believe him because, he sounds convincing lol...
Oh, you want to try and defeat my illogic with real logic, fine - I'll just yell my idiocy louder with bananas in my ears until you stop trying to educate me - lalalalalalala....WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, I HAVE BANANAS IN MY EARS!...
Frigging ridiculous this place is sometimes.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sheeplearepeople

Don't forget time dude!
We have to all get together as one people and defeat the one thing that causes all life on Earth to eventually die...TIME!
Oh my dog, we are all gonna be killed by death!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

I should have just agreed with god boy a dozen or so pages ago and said , "Yes, it is in fact Demons deceiving us,
" , and called it a day....
I think I actually got dumber thanks to all the Jibba-Jabba in this thread...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
While the dubious nature of "Dr. Sal's" claims can be speculated back and forth, this is a fact: NASA is sending probes to the Van Allen Belts later this month.

NASA press release 12-272

The date for the press release and the date for the video are both the same August 9.
edit on 12-8-2012 by DarkFinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's also perceptible that the guy is over-acting, with the "bear me with me"s and the like.

It seems unjustified for him to be that emotional when communicating something that he has, presumably, known for a few months, is expected to take place far off in the future and whose effects could be reduced if not prevented by "us working together".

In another unconvincing portion of the video he conveniently evades an obvious counter-argument by informing us that the atmosphere would not be sufficient to attenuate the radiation effects to less-than-catastrophic, because "the aliens say so".

The aliens were nice enough to "argue from authority" that this event will have catastrophic consequences, and that's that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkFinn

Well, to be objective, we have been studying the Van Allen ever since Explorer 1.
So this is just a continuation of that, and there will be likely more after that.
Preventing the loss of expensive equipment that has to pass through them almost requires it.
Dr. Fraud is just using this mission as a plot device.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You know, I can see both sides of the story here, but if you put all the details to the side, maybe the one thing we should be looking at is the last part of his message.

It is obvious that mankind is going nowhere real fast! If man doesn’t eventually put their indifferences to the side, we will end up destroying ourselves. Maybe this event is real. Maybe it isn’t. I really don’t care. If it is my time to go, than it is my time to go.

The only thing in his message that made any sense to me was this…

“Can we move forward knowing “maybe” we could have made a terrible outcome different”?
edit on 13-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkFinn

I found this and posted it on page 13. But looking closer at the date the project started and the time Dr cal claims the message was known 2011.

On March 16, 2009 United Launch Alliance (ULA) announced that NASA had awarded ULA a contract to launch RBSP using an Atlas V 401 rocket.[6] RBSP is scheduled to launch on August 23, 2012

The timing is not right.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ok, I'll give my 2 cents.

Since most of you are native english speakers, you missed the PROOF he IS NOT ITALIAN, he is a Spanish speaker:

In the beginning he tried to be 'italian' and said the following expression:

"QUE SERA', SERA'..."

Which is SPANISH for something like "Come what may" in English!

My hint is: this guy is involved with the FAMOUS 'Dr.' Judy Faltskog, which were trying some scams (also) in..... CHILE. South America.

We need someone who speaks spanish and is from South America around here. This person could pin point if his accent is from Chile. And if it's chilean...... It's Dr. judy Faltskog striking again.
edit on 13-8-2012 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

That was the only thing he said that had a solid truth to it.
Unfortunately he went the way of the global warming doomsayers...
With them, rather than say
"Hey everyone, we are polluting the hell out of this place, maybe we should start taking care of it",
they chose the,
"Holy hell, man is heating up the world we have 20 minutes to stop it or we are all going to die, so we need to destroy civilisation, kill everyone over 50, and return to living in caves...if you don't believe us you hate the jews!!! booga booga booga!!!"., route...
He could have bypassed the poorly written dramatic script and just said "Hey, can't we all just get along", but hey, where is the fun in that?
Besides, Rodney King beat him to it....

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join