It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Sal's Warning

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This is the first time I have seen a doomsday date outside of 2012 but still seemed 'plausible' if such a thing can even be considered as such. What he is discussing is actually what I was thinking 2012 was supposed to be all about.

I wasn't going to try to read through 27 pages of thread, but I came across this tonight and thought it may be relevant.

NASA sending Radiation Belt Storm Probes to study the Van Allen Belt
Radiation is a common hazard of space exploration and space agencies usually tend to avoid it for obvious reasons. It can be dangerous for astronauts and fatal to the microcircuitry of satellites. Why, then, is NASA sending its next unmanned mission right into the worst radiation hazard in the neighborhood? On August 23, two Radiation Belt Storm Probes (RBSP) will launch atop an Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida to study the radioactive Van Allen Belts.
The RBSP mission is set to explore both belts. The two radiation-shielded probes will fly through the radioactive areas of highly-charged particles to learn more about how they are changed by events on the Sun, such as solar flares and coronal discharges. This is motivated by more than mere curiosity.

Source

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

I dunno. There are elements in alot of sci-fi movies that come to fruitation over the years. If you told any one Man would walk on the Moon back in the 1930s you'd be locked up in a mental institution.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It seems fake to me
the acting is not even top notch
he just doesn't talk like a mathematician/physicist and talks more like a bad actor
plus if he was telling the truth then he would be a lot more serious
but here he is talking like when someone tells a fictional tale
very casual and nonchalant about it

why would a super intelligent and benevolent ET race send a signal only detectable by NASA?
why not send a signal that any radio receiver on earth can detect it?
if the message is so important why send it to an organization likely to keep it secret?

"Dr. Sal" claims that the disturbance in electromagnetism is driving "weaker" minds into craziness
no self respecting scientist will claim such a think without proper studies and trials

this guy is full of balogna
I hope this doesn't blow out of proportion and people make a huge deal about it in 2016

edit on 12-8-2012 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Don't believe this for 1 second
It appears that people want to scare others with non factual bs, so why not get off the 2012 bandwagon and start a 2016 one instead lol

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
I watched it and only have this to say.

When he gets to the end and the solution to this, that all mankind have to work together ignoring our religions and belief...Well, we are screwed

^ This. Let's say that he is telling the truth. Well, the government certainly wouldn't be interested in sharing this information. And people who hear his video are probably either going to discount it as false, or not have the resources or pull to do anything about it.

I just don't think the system is set up so that any individual or group of "real people" could do anything about this. I have a business that deals with technological advances, and we are just starting, but we would need funding for something like this and that would require convincing potential investors of its authenticity as well as possibilities for profit.

We are due for a pole shift sometime soon, and there has seemed to be increased volcanic and earthquake activity in the past decade or so.

It is unfortunate, but the real power has already been handed over to the government and mega-corporations and it is up to them...

Honestly, we won't know if this is real, or not, or if anything has been done about it, or not, until 2016.

That's just how I see it.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

That's because most science fiction is based on reality, i.e., predictions of future technology based on technology we have now and it's potential, but he was calling a couple of films ludicrous (which they were) which to me was a way of him adding legitimacy to his story.
It's classic lying 101, show something else as wacko in hopes of distracting from the holes in your story.
The second part of your statement isn't entirely true...
Robert Goddard was given a grant by the Smithsonian for $5000 in 1916 to further his rocketry research, and even though he was a bit of a pariah in the media (
), they certainly didn't lock him up in the looney bin.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well I've been digging since I first watched the video last night, I haven't foud much but was intrigued when someone mentioned a fillipo conti and found this via a family tree site.

Conti family tree

It could be old, as in very old and reference different persons but I throught I'd add it here anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Muckster

Why bring up Zombies you say? Bath salts, that's why. I see you're from England so just google bath salts zombie usa.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Oh i'm well aware of the bath Salt crimes... but as i scientist i would think he wouldn’t even acknowledge junk mass media headlines and conspiracy theories, that are such a massive stretch of the imagination.

These we're simply people high on a new type of drug who committed horrible crimes... It's nothing new... we had the PCP junkies in the 80's and Crack heads in the 90's... both reported by the mass media as giving people super human strength and extreme rage. Sensationalist headlines, designed to sell papers, which are often absorbed by certain members of the conspiracy theory community and expanded on with ridiculous opinions and ideas.

I just didn’t think that such a brilliant “scientist” would touch on such wild speculation when trying to convey a message of such importance.

**I mean no offense to those who believe on the “Zombie attack theories” just trying to explain how the wider population feels about such ideas**

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I watched the whole video and he's pretty convincing. As to whether he is telling the truth, or whether he believes something is true and it isn't (delusion), that's another thing altogether. My only question is, I'm not sure if I heard this right or not, but didn't he say he was born in 1929? I might have heard the date wrong cause the sound quality on my comp is low right now but if he did say 1929 wouldn't that make him 83? He sure has aged well considering.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Absolutely right....in my wilder years I dabbled in a few things that supposedly did all that stuff.
Never felt super human, just felt like taking my pants off and running around like a goofy chicken.
Maybe I should have blamed it on radiation?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

No, 1949.
That whole back story was meant to make it sound convincing. Who trusts someone they don't know?
If you are going to set up an audience for a suspension of disbelief, you first have to build a feeling of comradeship with the "hero", so you are more sympathetic to his story.
Story writing 101.
It's also the same tactic used by the vagrant up the street to get me to give him spare change....I don't believe he is a secret agent in hiding from the KGB anymore than I believe this guy, but he did have me wondering for awhile, lol...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
So when december 2012 passes. And it will. This is the next date TPTB will throw down the peoples throats. I really believe that they start all these hoaxes to keep people scared. Disinfo.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
Three options.

Nr1. Ramblings of a mad man.
Nr2. NASA have decided to release this info to the part of the public whom can appreciate it.
Nr3. This gentleman will disappear.

If this was legit information, and the guy was authentic, you would have figured by now that the government which funds NASA would have removed this video from Youtube, shut down the account of the user, and finally this Sal guy would disappear.

Has anything happened yet? No. This has got to be a hoax.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit font

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

But is anybody really scared anymore?
Is anybody besides us crackpot types even paying attention?
Most of the time when I tell co-workers about some of the insanity discussed on here, I thank my lucky stars that they know me to be somewhat of a critical mind and open to possibilities, rather than a candidate for the next front page shooting rampage.
My sous chef actually made me a tinfoil hat for browsing this site when I'm taking a coffee or meal break....I told him it interferes with signals from the black knight satellite, and he says that was the point, lol...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

Ahh ok thanks. I need some new speakers

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
So when december 2012 passes. And it will. This is the next date TPTB will throw down the peoples throats. I really believe that they start all these hoaxes to keep people scared. Disinfo.

I think you'll find it's much simpler than that. These hoaxes are perpetrated by people who are either delusional or are just doing it for a bit of fun.
The same scenario is always created.
Former/current employee who has inside info.
Feels the need to tell the population of impending doom.
Living in fear of "TPTB" (God I hate using that term)
They provide "credible" details about the event and themselves yet nobody, well maybe a few, bother to verify.
Those that believe him accept his word and those who don't are branded as disinfo agents.

We all get a thrill out of fooling/tricking people, some go to elaborate lengths to do so.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarcartographer
"Under funding from NASA's Institute for Advanced Concepts, TUI is currently investigating a novel concept for remediating the radiation belts to improve the safety and reliability of manned and unmanned missions in Earth orbit. The High Voltage Orbiting Long Tether (HiVOLT) System, illustrated in Figure 1 below, will utilize long, lightweight, conducting structures deployed in the radiation belts and charged to very high voltages to scatter the energetic radiation particles, causing them to leave the radiation belts. Preliminary analyses indicate that a HiVOLT System can reduce the MeV particle flux in the inner electron belt to 1% of its natural levels within about two months."

www.tethers.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Ghost Who Walks

See, now there is a contest, or game they should have on here.
How convincing of a hoax can you make?
Fairly harmless if everyone knows it's a hoax (although I wouldn't be surprised if some of them got out in the real world and went viral, like all those Photoshops of giant skeletons).
It might be a good exercise for those that have a hard time differentiating "acting" from reality.
Kind of a baseline for what to look for in the plethora of turd nuggets on youtube...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hmm lets take a look at the quantum physics of Magnets. they never turn off so the magnetosphere wouldnt just disappear. if anything the magnetosphere would be scrambled which would cause pockets for the Van Allen bet to penetrate our atmosphere.

Also the super heated protons coming form the sun hit our magnetosphere and deflects AROUND the earth to be shot passed the earth. SO then IF the magnetosphere where to get scrambled or weakened then all those protons wouldnt lose their momentum and fall into our atmosphere they would shot past us and the approaching protons would bombard the earth facing the sun during the time the magnetosphere was weak.

We will never know when it will happen but im gonna say that IF this happens where ever it is during the day those people would be screwed and the rest would see a nice light show or be sleeping like babies. O this is assuming that the shift takes less then 24hrs. if it takes longer than 24 hrs well then the whole earth is exposed right. so then it could be plausible.

but for the belts to fall from every direction onto earth no that doesnt make to much sense.

A possible solution would be to create a array of satellites to create a magnetic shield to deflect the incoming protons from the weakend magnetosphere. the array would have to always be between the earth and sun for it to effectively deflect.

edit on 12-8-2012 by Sagitaris because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I love the irony in threads like these.

You have all the people who constantly bash the mass media for sensationalism and lies, starring and flagging a thread with Joe Bloggs, a nobody, spouting sensationalism and lies.

If you question this, they back up their arguments with sources from NASA, whom they bash for disinfo and lies.

So tell me 'believers', how can it be right to slate NASA as liars, but then use their data as a means to strengthen your own argument?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join