It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US says has 'eyes' inside Iran nuclear program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

www.ynetnews.com

White House spokesman Jay Carney declined to comment on intelligence matters but said that Washington and Israel were agreed about Iran's ambitions for its nuclear program.

"I would also say that we have eyes – we have visibility into the program, and we would know if and when Iran made what's called a breakout move towards acquiring a weapon."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
tribune.com.pk
zeenews.india.com
www.gulf-times.com
www.nowlebanon.com

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Interesting comments from Carney. If the US does indeed have a source/sources inside the nuclear program this comment has probably not helped their attempts to sleep at night and could have put them at danger from exposure.

On the other hand it could be a bluff, a warning to the Iranians not to attempt to build nuclear weapons or even approach the breakout barrier. It is being interpreted by Ynet as a signal aimed at the Israelis. What this signal is-is not clear.

It's interesting how much of the western mainstream media has failed to pick up on these publicly made comments. As you can see from the additional links this is being reported in the Middle East and Asia.

Thoughts?

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

"Washington and Israel were agreed about Iran's ambitions" this pretty much says it all. Of course the American people will fall for it hook line and sinker.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Oh yea you didnt know we have sources in Iran just like we had sources in Iraq who knew without a doubt there was WMD there and we had to move in to clean up and make it safe. Iran should be thankful we are watching over them...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Typical of the USA. Profits from nuclear energy yet denies that right to another country. Why not Deny Canada or France or India the right to use Nuclear energy ? The Arabs gave us the maths that led to nuclear power plants. Why can they not use Nuclear energy ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk Interesting whether they are bluffing or not.. S+F

From source

State officials noted that despite its
apparent wariness towards the military
option, the US continues to deploy forces –
including aircraft carriers and
minesweepers – to the Persian Gulf.
"They are quietly signaling that Washington
is serious in its intention to prevent Iran
from obtaining nuclear power," one source
said.

If Obama is reelected in November, it
would be much more difficult to convince
him that a strike is the best course of
action. In fact, Reidel postulated that a
second Obama Administration could opt to
adopt a policy of "containment," or in
other words make peace with the possibility
that Iran will obtain nuclear power.

An October strike is Obama's "worst
nightmare," Reidel said, anticipating that
top US officials will travel to Israel prior to
the elections in an attempt to dissuade its
leaders from launching a strike and to buy
time for the incumbent president, who may
not be ready to employ the military option
in the next six months, if at all.

It is obvious that the US advocates military action against Iran whether subtle in intent or not.. the question is when?

The Israelis obviously just want to get stuck in and I wonder who is in whose pocket here.. will the US follow Israel into war before the elections?

Its a tough call..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Interesting whether they are bluffing or not

I would not be surprised at all if either one/some of the scientists/administrative or military staff within the nuclear program have been turned. Can you imagine their feelings after hearing this? I would be bricking it, which could lead to mistakes and being uncovered.

As for when the seemingly inevitable attack will occur, October could play into all hands. Can you really see the US voters throwing out a President in wartime?
edit on 11-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Iran’s nuclear program designed to ‘finish off’ Israel, Hezbollah MP says

Hezbollah MP Walid Sakariya told Lebanese television this week that the nuclear weapon Iran is allegedly developing is intended to annihilate Israel.

In a segment recorded and translated by MEMRI (the Middle East Media Research Institute), Sakariya, also a retired general, told his interviewer on Hezbollah’s al-Manar TV Tuesday that should Iran acquire a nuclear weapon it would serve Syrian as well as Iranian interests, namely the eradication of the Jewish state.

Im not familiar with the Times of Israel media outlet nor the lebanese media who conducted the interview. if any of our local residents in that area who are familiar with either outlet -

* - are they credible
* - are the media outlets in question privately owned or do they serve as a government mouthpiece?

ETA - I am curious if this release is valid. You have a MP of Hezzbola essentialy confirming that Irans program is being used to not only construct a nuclear weapon but to use it on Israel. The info / words / comments seem a little to scripted. Is it possible this is being done in order to force a confrontation with Israel?

If an attack occurs on Iran the Iranians are going to use the self defense card. Even more they are going to have the UN charter backing for that self defense. If an attack occurs and when the dust settles I could see a scenario where nothing is going to be found / no evidence of a nuke program. That opens the flood gate on Israel from Iran and Iran's allies (mutual defense agreements as well as UN Charter).

Anyways - I thought I would throw this info / idea out there.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well Ynet is a very right wing outlet. Some of their opinion pieces are just downright scary. On this though they were just reporting the comments from Carney that were publicly made, so not much of an issue on what their agenda is.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Funny, we have a mole in their program and no proof or even evidence of a weapon.
I guess we will not have to destroy more peoples lives for Israels lies.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Either it's a propaganda lie or they have a team of remote viewers on it that can provide information.

I think it's the first.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Whether they are mouthpieces or not the comments have been made. It seems odd for a Hezbollah based MP to make such remarks. I mean obviously they are fully aligned with Iran and their ideology but such a grave threat seems like a massive amount of saber rattling almost inviting an attack on Iran or and Hezbollah. A trap?

It seems like both sides are to some extent posturing and bluffing each other. A very dangerous strategy which seems very likely to end in overt conflict.

The US are accusing of Hezbollah of being involved in the Syrian conflict.

The United States accused the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah on Friday of deep involvement in the Syrian government’s violent campaign to crush the uprising there, asserting that Hezbollah has trained and advised government forces inside Syria and has helped to expel opposition fighters from areas within the country.

www.nytimes.com...

These kind of accusations are so silly, why is it made out as if it is some kind of surprise or illegitimate response from Hezbollah? Rationally it makes sense for them to be involved in trying to keep their ally in power, regardless of the moral issues involved. Much more rational than the US meddling.

This whole interlinking picture is anchored to the upcoming US election. If this "mole/s" comes out with information that Iran has moved to breakout capability the red line will have been crossed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

so we should turn off the light so they can not see anything ! however let them see. I am also curious about what they may detect. maybe 60% uranium for ships fuel(I mean for nuclear bomb!).

edit on 11-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

White House spokesman Jay Carney declined to comment on intelligence matters but said that Washington and Israel were agreed about Iran's ambitions for its nuclear program.

"I would also say that we have eyes – we have visibility into the program, and we would know if and when Iran made what's called a breakout move towards acquiring a weapon."

Congratulations Jay, you just admitted to the world that Iran are not in the process of developing nuclear weapons. Applause...... If they can see what is happening inside the Iranian nuclear program and there are no weapons being developed, what is the point of sanctioning Iran?

edit on 11-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

The point is to punish the people of Iran collectively as to force a regime change.

I thought I would just share this pathetic bit of journalism

Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld told Fox News this week that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is totally correct that sanctions will not stop Iran’s drive for nuclear capability, and Israel would not have to advise the United States of any plans to attack Iran.

“I think the prime minister of Israel, Netanyahu, is probably correct. Their intelligence on Iran is excellent. Sanctions tend not to work very well over a long period of time, and they do have the effect, tending to damage and hurt the people, as opposed to the governments,” said the former Cabinet officer in the Bush administration.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Notice the journalist assertion that Rumsfeld feels that Netanyahu is "totally correct" on the effects or lack of the sanctions are having on Iran's pursuit of a nuclear weapon, changes to "probably correct" when conveying Rumsfeld's ACTUAL WORDS. All this typed up in two paragraphs, bravo!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
From Antiwar

According to Marc Ambinder, “the CIA’s ops arm, the National Clandestine Service, along with the U.S. military” have been “scrutinizing and seizing cargo shipments bound for Iran, tapping the black market for nuclear supplies and buying up spare parts, and maximizing the collection of Iranian signal traffic.”

One primary type of intelligence the U.S. has on Iran’s nuclear program is what is called “measurement and signature intelligence,” or MASINT. These are “sensors on satellites, drones, and on the ground” measuring “everything from the electromagnetic signatures created by testing conventional missile systems to disturbances in the soil and geography around a hidden nuclear facility to streams of radioactive particles that are byproducts of the uranium enrichment process.” The US “knows what Iran has and doesn’t have,” wrote Ambinder.

news.antiwar.com...

Interesting that the CIA is attempting to deny any equipment available to the Iranians on the black market. The measurement and signature intelligence suggest that eyes on the inside may not even be needed to detect when and if the Iranians go for it.

Perhaps Carney was referring solely to this kind of intelligence rather than double agents?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I am wondering if this threat was followed thru on -

July 2012 - Khamenei aide: Iran will increase enrichment if world pressure persists

Iran will increase its level of uranium enrichment if world powers continue to place pressure on the country over its nuclear program, a senior cleric warned Saturday.

"Iran is now capable of enriching uranium at a 20-percent level, but if they (world powers) continue their pressure, we will increase enrichment levels to 56 percent," said Reza Taqavi, a close aide to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I doubt it.

If it had been surely it would have been detected and been seen as a casus belli for Israel/US?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hi all.just register on ATS eager to inform all of you with breaking news.
BBC news:
Two strong earthquakes have struck north-western Iran, leaving at least 87 people dead and 400 more injured, according to state TV.
I am not aloud to create new treads but I am curious about what you think on this earthquake.
Is it a HAARP possible?
Which region is where nuclear program is developing in Iran?Same as earthquake or not?
Just some toughts!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo
Typical of the USA. Profits from nuclear energy yet denies that right to another country. Why not Deny Canada or France or India the right to use Nuclear energy ? The Arabs gave us the maths that led to nuclear power plants. Why can they not use Nuclear energy ?

They can use nuclear energy. Why are you making things up?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join