It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free--Without Parental Consent (some States)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well back on topic.. its the persons choice and I doubt too many will choose to be frank. If a person chooses to do it.. and they want ids later, its their dime or it doesnt happen. If this age is true, then legal age should be 15. Here kids are popping out kids like pez when there is free birth control, free condoms, free abortions, free everything.. they just dont use it and dont care. I doubt kids will use this either.. or adults. Not many anyway. There is some weird thing that you even see here and its said in the open that women arent worth much if they cant reproduce for you. I know what you are saying about this being bad, but in all reality, its not going to make a dent inthe population. IMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by beezzer

Where did you get that pic of nibiru?

I ha to purchase it off a secret Ebay site. Only we know when it'll hit.

*duck*

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Tee hee I did say as long as youre not nuts. That little double entendre took took too long. Domo has trouble with new tablet. And spalleng.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

A legal issue then.

The reason why age is a factor is because someone younger cannot make the correct unbiased choice. Yet now that they can, who's libel for it if they change their mind?

The government?
The facility where it occurs?
The parents?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Add.

Here is the Oregon consent form for ages 15-20.

No parent consent required.

Ages 15-20 Consent to Sterilization

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh no, youre serious. Please send U2U when its coming. Even if its had the tubes tied. Sorry mods. Love you guysl

link   

Tee hee I did say as long as youre not nuts. That little double entendre took took too long. Domo has trouble with new tablet. And spalleng.

OT post..LOL! Yeah, I use the laptop to come to ATS... that tablet and I have a war going. I got one of those tablet pens.. and still cant work the darned thing.
Its a Toshiba Thrive.. pretty cool for movies and things. I just cant type on anything touchscreen.
I want Obama to make them make a tablet that will read my mind.. sorta.. and post what I tell it to dammit. Where's my free crap?!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I got this bugger to use as a universal remote for the new tv and spinny disc player. What are the kids calling them? Turqoise beams player? Oh right, blu ray. Pulled up ATS on the TV, slapped myself and fired up the laptop.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

When will "you girls" learn?

Those grey haired old men know more about what is good for you than you ever will !!

NO! seriously, this is not about you or your health care.

It is all about CONTROL. Some people honestly think they carry around some "annointment" to impose their opinions on others reguardless the consiquences others must suffer.

THAT!! In a nut shell, is what politics is all about.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I dug a little bit deeper and it doesn't look like any 15 year old girl can just walk in and choose to be sterilized.

www.hrsa.gov...

It says that all contraception an sterilization procedures are by prescription. So it will really come down to how liberal the doctor is with his pad I guess.....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

In Oregon, the age of informed consent is 15, and the law and rules on sterilization are detailed in the Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 436.205 to 436.335.

Hahaha what I find funny about this is these girls can't consent to sexual intercourse but they can consent to sexual sterilization. Ahhh the hypocrisy in this world.

Wth? Since when? Is there a law in US that dictates how old you can start having sex at???

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Your really stretching the right wing propaganda with this one. This is a state issue, not a Obamacare issue. Your issue should be with the state of Oregon for having the age set at 15.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Kaploink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think the Males should have the big snip also, think about it no more "We have to get married because...."

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

In Oregon, the age of informed consent is 15, and the law and rules on sterilization are detailed in the Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 436.205 to 436.335.

Hahaha what I find funny about this is these girls can't consent to sexual intercourse but they can consent to sexual sterilization. Ahhh the hypocrisy in this world.

Wth? Since when? Is there a law in US that dictates how old you can start having sex at???

Not a US law, individual state laws, have a look at the south it's real loose over there.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Free sterilization should be an option and freely available to any woman who has had 2 or more children; women over 40 and those with moderate to severe disabilities. The same also available for men; in fact, men should be sterilized after he's fathered 2 or more children with one woman or 1 each to two women maximum.

Family tax benefits should also stop after 3 children.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
just be clear

this mandates just says that the procedure will be a covered expense, right ?

not that it was illegal and is now legal, right ?

not that the procedure itself is mandated onto unwilling patients, right ?

parental consent is also a state issue I believe

so no americah, obama is not kidnapping your girls and sterilizing them

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Ameilia

BS. What state? When doing self pay the only real requirements are that youre not nuts or doing drugs past 18 or 21. I call complete BS that a woman past 21 could not get this procedure done. Tell us why you were barred, cite law, or at least tell us your state. Not being able to afford it or being deemed mentally unstable or being a drug user are really the only hurdles. Granted my research and this reply have been conducted on a cell phone, but Im calling BS.

Just butting in for a minute, my wife, my daughter both have asked after a pregnancy to have their reproductive organs disabled, they only did it to my wife AFTER child #3 and cysts the size of a softball, and my daughter has 3 kids and they wouldn't do it for her because she is only 24. Not BS, really happening.

As for the OP, I am all for girls deciding before they get pregnant, that Motherhood is not for them.

PLEASE, for the love of children. Sterilize those who claim motherhood to be too much for them, this number will still be too small compaired to all the women that should make the decision to be sterilized.

Peace ~Rev

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by natters

You mean to tell me its just Xuenchen's daily flood of Brietbart/CSN news so he can get starred and flagged by the brain dead members without actually contributing anything but easily debunked skewed news stories? Nothing to see here move along, this is not the news your looking for.
edit on 11-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Not a US law, individual state laws, have a look at the south it's real loose over there.

Please, don't bunch the southern states together and generalize, it just sounds ignorant. & wouldn't it be 'down' there.. b/c if it were 'over' there wouldn't you be among us?

In most states a person must be at least 16 yrs old to have consensual sex, otherwise.. well, let me put it this way; If an 18 yr old guy has consensual sex with his 15 yr old g/f, that is considered 'statutory rape', and is punishable by fines and/or jail, house-arrest, etc.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by Ameilia

Ive been trying to give my uterus away for almost 7 years.. no one will take it out
Im serious.. my last pregnancy was hard.. I had a late baby.. I asked repeatedly and they wouldnt do it! I couldnt believe it and I have GREAT insurance. They sure paid for my husbands being snipped though. I mean we are in our 40's and want sport or fun sex and not have to worry about pregnancy and I dont NEED a period.. these goofs wont listen to a grown woman who has 3 children and is older.. leave my ovaries in for all I care.. just take the bothersome thing out. Incredible to me.

I am sure that you are fully informed as to the side effects of a forced menopause. Removing your uterus will cause early menopause with its side effects of lowered estrogen and progestrone. ( Hot flashes lower libido vaginal dryness) while the snip they did on your husband only closes the road for sperm. Menopause will happen all on its own some day. Why would you want your uterus removed anyway ? Birth control can be obtained by a tubal ligation. No need to remove the whole thing unless there are medical issues requiring it. Anyway, I am on the other side of that road now, meno happened when I was 50 and me and hubby are enjoying the no birth control needed status.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join