It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE! 9 on Trial over Chinese boy who sold a kidney for an Ipad.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There was a long discussion here when this case first broke. As I recall opinions were diverse as they always are here. It isn't very often I see the ending of a story that first came as a story here. Tonight, I have what we might call the mid-point, but it's a good piece of news to my thinking. The first story might have led some to think China would tolerate this.

Nine people went on trial in southern China over allegations they helped a teenager to sell one of his kidneys so he could buy an iPhone and an iPad, a court in Hunan Province said Friday.

The 17-year-old high school student from Anhui Province -- who was referred to only by his surname, Wang -- suffered renal failure after the kidney was removed in April 2011, according Xinhua.

The defendants included a man named He Wei, who was described the authorities as "penniless and frustrated over gambling debts."

For the loss of his kidney, Wang allegedly received 22,000 yuan. After he got home, his mother asked him where he had got the money for the Apple products. At that point, he told her had sold his kidney, Xinhua reported.
Source

Now this was a crazy story when it first came out and it's still crazy to me now. However, it sounds like it went better than I imagined, reading it in the beginning. The article goes on to detail how much the other people were getting and the kid definitely got shafted all the way around here. I'm glad to see the crew who did it are going through the Chinese system for it.

What should happen to these guys and how about the kid? The attorney is asking for 2.27 million Yuan (Roughly $357,000). The story says more about what he went through and some may see it differently. I'm curious what everyone might think on his side of this?

join