It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative viewpoint about folks who are confused about their sexuality and/or prefer their same se

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Someone a little while ago posted a thread (partially) about the subject in question. I'm choosing not to use those loaded labels. Rather just provide an alternative viewpoint about why people are the way they are.

People get caught up with their positions about this subject - understandably, but I think it is more helpful to focus on WHY. Deny ignorance after all.

So here are the two general reasons I've identified that people fit the subject category either consciously or unconsciously.

1) Poor Diet -- Consume too many foods/drink contaminated with plastic chemicals. This would be like BpA - Bisphenol A related. Endocrine disruptors. Plastic contamination is all over the place in our food chain. Many news clips online but check out:

-- CBC documentary on Vimeo - The Disappearing Male.
-- DVD - Plastic Planet.
-- National Geographic: Strange Days on Planet Earth

Quite possibly chemicals in pesticides and insecticides as well. Check the NatGeo doc. Also certain foods disrupt our hormonal balance more than others -- check out stuff on the Internet about SOY (soybeans, tofu, etc...)-- which is in many products. A feminizer....

..so some may be aware of the above...but nobody I know has ever come up with this next one....

2) Vanity / pride -- something I've noticed about many people who are confused about their sexuality is that they are quick to get angry and exhibit many aspects of being VERY PROUDFUL. In our modern day culture we are often told "Pride is a good thing" -- just look at the Olympics right now -- have pride in your country!
Pride in all of its forms is a big no-no for me. Hey...it was the reason for the fall of Lucifer...but hey...don't tell that to proudful religious folk...

Anyway...not to get off track...but I'm specifically talking about the VANITY FORM OF PRIDE. So...the way it works.....somebody who falls in love with their image....in a mirror, in photographs, in a video (Hollywood?) ...basically the love of self image. Eventually OVER TIME this individual will seek out others who subconsciously have similar facial features....as this is what they "love / value the most." This conditioning overrides our "base instinctual programming" which is to NOT prefer the same sex.

Of course...neither of the above two operate in isolation, but #1 is like the primary physical cause. #2 is like a primary mental cause (Which does affect our physical state).

Could go further perhaps with love of one's own masculinity or feminine side affecting our sexual preference, but that would complicate it more...

3) What about very young children. Well...if the plastic contamination / insecticide / diet part does not apply (Chemicals in the womb), then vanity / pride could be a carryover from a past life. Reincarnation.

..so instead of making new laws, getting all upset, being defensive, etc...we should be focusing on 1 & 2.

...well just wanted to get that off my chest.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure people are just born gay. thats what i've heard from every gay person i've ever asked. You're diet theory would make sense if people ended up turning gay later in life especially towards their 50's and 60's, which i'm pretty sure is not the case.

most people are aware that they are gay by the age of 5- 8, basically even from their first basic memories. I doubt diet could do that.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As was said above, people are born straight, gay, bi, etc. It's just who they are and that can't be changed or caused by anything. A lot of hate is stemmed from the ideas that you can make someone not gay or make a hetero "turn" gay and these ideas in this thread even are not helping. I also don't believe that bisexual people are confused, I think they now exactly what they want. We are all spirits, are we not? Within the spiritual realm, there's no male or female just thriving lifeforms. If your spirit connects to another, then it connects to another.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dontneedaname

I could definitely see the toxins messing up brain function, hormones, and chemical reactions in the human body; causing significant changes in body chemistry. All of us first world citizens have become walking toxin repositories. It comes as no surprise that we may be experiencing varied effects at the cellular level. (Check out: Toxin from GM Crops Found in Human Blood, What Chemicals Are Lurking Inside Your Body?)

The only problem I have with the theory of these chemicals somehow causing ultra-feminization is that women exhibit sexuality crises just as men do. So, it doesn't really make sense to try to apply this theory universally, because it just doesn't work out. Unless, somehow, adding more estrogen to a female makes her produce testosterone? I really don't know about that.

Unfortunately, these junk toxins get into our blood by more than just food consumption. It's in the water, in the air, and on most surfaces we touch. How do we fix this?

Also, how might you account for these exact same sexuality and gender issues which have been present and well documented in the human species for several thousand years, when synthetic toxins are a relatively new invention?

As to your second point: you are referring to Narcicissm. There are plenty of "straight" narcissists out there. I can't think of a way to prove this theory one way or another. It's just too subjective.
edit on 8/11/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontneedaname
1) Poor Diet -- Consume too many foods/drink contaminated with plastic chemicals. This would be like BpA - Bisphenol A related. Endocrine disruptors. Plastic contamination is all over the place in our food chain.

Yeah... 'cause there were tons of GMO and plastic bottles all throughout history. You think the outrageously gay Spartan warriors drank out of BpA Gatorade bottles to celebrate their victories?

2) Vanity / pride -- something I've noticed about many people who are confused about their sexuality is that they are quick to get angry and exhibit many aspects of being VERY PROUDFUL.

Wow. If vanity and pride made people gay, there would be many more gay people. For every vain gay person you know, there are ten who are tortured daily because they are ashamed by people who make them feel like they are not "normal".

3) What about very young children. Well...if the plastic contamination / insecticide / diet part does not apply (Chemicals in the womb), then vanity / pride could be a carryover from a past life. Reincarnation.

Or... maybe those theories don't fit because people are born that way?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've had 2 boyfriends, and 10 girlfriends and lots of short term flings. I mostly identify with an attraction to women, but I have had full outright relationships with men. In fact I loved one of them very dearly, and it's absolutely no different than the attraction or love towards my fiance Jessica.

I was born this way, at around 7 I went from the girls are icky to the oooo girls are pretty stage, how ever at the same time I had ooo boys are pretty too. This confused the # out of me for many years, and made life very hard which is something you all need to understand. It's natural, nothing makes you this way it just is. It would be no different than telling a coloured person to be white, or vice versa. It's impossible and it destroys lives being faced with these judgements and assumptions. It's genetic, and with it being genetic there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop it, nor does it make it wrong. NATURE OP NATURE!

I agree Chemicals # people up, how ever they/we are not responsible for natural occurrences religion claims are wrong.

Humans are not the only animals on this planet that are homo/bi-sexual.
edit on 8/11/2012 by Ilyich because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here's how I learned it on an energetic level, take it or leave it.

There is one level of an energy field around us that is a star tetrahedron

The upward facing part is male and the downward part is female. Ordinarily the orientation of the energy field matches the orientation of the body, but sometimes. for whatever reason, the star tetrahedron gets out of synch with the physical body which creates what we call homosexuality and further along when other energy fields get out of synch, transgendered people.

edit on 11-8-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I certainly don't believe the claim that people are "born gay". That, to me, is ridiculous. I think sexual attraction is a clean slate when you're born--nothing innate about it. We choose to be with our same sex, or the opposite sex. In my view, everyone is bisexual and it is only an individual's choice to decide which gender they wish to be with at any given moment in their lives

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
52 years ago, my brother and I each received a gift, I received a doll as tall as me, and him a fire truck. We both wanted to trade with each other, and happily did so. After a few moments, my brother who was 5 at the time, looked deeply into my eyes with tears and stated, " My life is going to be really hard to walk in love".

I understood completely what he was saying. I was the tomboy, and he was more feminine. We talked hours on end trying to figure out what may of happened at birth since we were exactly one year apart in age.

I was mad because I was a female, and he was mad because he was a male. It was at this point, when we realized even at that young age, that love had no gender.

My beautiful gay brother, walks more like Christ, than any human I have ever met. I have never met any other that carries love for all humans,he does not look at their gender, he knows what is within while they mock him or spit in his face. He would place his life to save one of those that spew hate at him.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
some varied responses...thanks.

Human changes can occur very rapidly due to diet -- changes in the womb. It's the little things that add up over time. What happens to babies exposed to alcohol or crack coc aine, etc...in the womb???

Even as adults -- looking at how people can comeback from very debilitating illnesses or "death sentences" provides insight into how rapidly our body can change.

DVD - The Beautiful Truth -- provides insights into that re: late stage cancer.

But, some of you may have missed what I said about diet too -- it isn't just plastic / insecticides, chemicals which are a recent thing . It is from CERTAIN FOODS as well...which have been around for a long time.

Many probably have not addressed the reincarnation, because you don't think it is true / not familiar with it. But, I do know that we (can) change sex over time between lives. That might explain some things too. More will be clear soon.

As I was saying about pride -- it takes many forms and can be directed in different ways. It is NOT a blanket statement to say that a PROUDFUL person = GLBT. Of course not. Who's twisting my words?

But I do know what all those parades are called --- PRIDE PARADEs....and I've had my fair share of personal interactions. Which is interesting because in the beginning I thought nothing of these interactions (Business related usually, some friend level), sexual orientation was irrelevant...I didn't even know in some cases.....but then I noticed a pattern between the "male" and "female" sides of gay couples. As my awareness of "gay behavior" increased...and my understanding of myself / people in general over time increased too --- while learning about other things.....I see how my own mind / thinking has been influenced too by this "confusion of identity" Especially relevant today because of the power of mass media...and the gay influence in Hollywood....

To just say "we are born gay," etc...and leave it at that and defend that position "until the cows come home" -- without searching for an underlying reason....that's a cop out in my opinion. If sexuality for me in that manner was such an issue...it clearly is for a lot....because if it wasn't -- there would be no PARADES about it! And NO SHAME / NO GUILT! These contrarian feelings exist for a reason...but, to each their own. Just providing an alternative view.

Last commenter about not noticing gender...well I don't know who you speak of...but people can behave one way on the surface and be something else on the inside. Often, the people who are the nicest, hide certain suppressed rages on the inside. How many times does one have to read in the news about a certain person "But they seemed so normal, no criminal record, blah blah blah" How many "perfect marriages" fall apart? Even shocking to "good friends" or siblings or parents!

I've studied (and applied) a lot of -- face reading techniques -- and how to discern internal emotional states. Watching the recent TV series -- LIE TO ME would be insightful, but it goes beyond that.

In the end, MEN-WOMEN, MALE-FEMALE, labels, etc..are a DUALity / DUEL that needn't exist....there doesn't have to be such thing as "Straight," GLBT, or any other label....but this doesn't mean that certain behaviors / personalities today are "going to continue" in the future once the "fog is lifted." But collectively...we are still in the fog...and if I speak any more this thread would become something else.

PERSON = ACTor's Mask...look up the etymology at Merriam Webster. So people with "Good, fun PERSONalities" ...maybe they are just good actors/actresses....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Relevant video about how we learn behaviors by watching others...

..and if those behaviors have been modified by chemicals - both man-made, and "natural"...(Many foods aren't naturally occurring...because they've been cross-bred by man to emphasize certain genetic traits)

Yes, it's about fear...but it also applies to this thread. BBC Phobias video clip on how we learn behaviors from watching others -- even if it's not real! (TV, computer, etc...)

How we become fearful #1 -- www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The reason there's gay pride parade's is because thats just the word we use for those type of events. I hear people say their proud to be american too, proud to be hawaiian, proud to be Indian, etc etc.

For the vanity of gay people, I think that has to do with the mixing of the gender stereotypes. Gay men can have personality characteristics of women and are often more concerned about their appearance. Similarily, the lesbians I know can also be a lot more tomboyish. Some don't shave their legs, some don't put on makeup, others get boy hair cuts.

So the idea that gays are vain, proud or concerned about their appearance only appears true when looking at gay men, but when looking at both genders you can see it has more to do of a mixing of gender stereotypes.

If i remember right there is actually a small genetic basis for homosexuality that has been determined, which is that the 4th or 5th born child(or son?) is more likely to be gay than the 1st. I can't find the study now though, but that does lend some credence to the fact that people are born gay.

It could be apart of the food, but I beleive its not solely due to that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why are people so intolerant? If none is getting hurt, why can't you just accept people as they are. Not only will it make their lives easier but it'll make yours easier too, choosing to give up the fight "AGAINST homosexuality" or whatever it may be that is not hurting anyone.

new topics

top topics

join