It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to announce running mate Saturday in Va.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Obama has not given any reason to re-elect him for a 2nd term.
Obama runs from his own record and simply attacks Romney with negative ads.
Chris Matthews also wants to know - how - Obama will fix anything.

Just because Obama has not given us a reason to vote for him does not make Romney and Ryan any better. I'm not going to vote for Obama no matter what. So the burden is on Romney to give me a reason to even show up on election day.

....still waiting......

Do you think Romney has not or will not run negative ads? Of course he has/will. To say that he wont is just delusional. It's politics and lies. Anyone that pays attention to ads anyway are lacking critical thinking skills to begin with. Why would anyone believe what the ads say without looking into the facts for themselves?

And Chris Matthews........

I didn't care for his opinion when the "shivers were going down his leg" so why would I listen now? It's funny how the NeoCons discredited Matthews for that comment, and not that he has jumped ship, his opinion suddenly matters.

Damn the hypocrisy is thick up in here!
edit on 11-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I found the Chris Matthews video to be revealing.

Obama has no plan or at least he is not telling anyone what it is.

Something else disturbing: Why does Obama not enjoy spending time with the democrats

in congress??? No phone calls???

-------------
The Romney / Ryan team will give you more info at the RNC Convention the last

week of August 2012.

---------------
BTW, the DNC Convention will be an absolute disaster.

- 1st week of September -

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ickulus
Is it just me, or is it kind of odd that Romney is picking a VP and he doesn't even have the nomination locked up yet. Seems so weird that he is just going ahead with this like business as usual when there is another Republican still in the race.

He is picking a running mate that is all. That is his ticket when it comes to the Convention. It is a calculated move to help shore up delegates and swing in some electoral votes come November. President Obama selected Biden on the 25th of August, before he had the nomination locked up officially too. It isn't that odd.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Just like Romney! So why would I vote for him either?

The Romney / Ryan team will give you more info at the RNC Convention the last week of August 2012.

I agree. Now that Romney has a VP they have to scramble to come up with an actual agenda. The heat is on for Romney to produce something of value before his candidacy becomes nothing more than an advertising campaign......or has it already?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Ickulus
Is it just me, or is it kind of odd that Romney is picking a VP and he doesn't even have the nomination locked up yet. Seems so weird that he is just going ahead with this like business as usual when there is another Republican still in the race.

He is picking a running mate that is all. That is his ticket when it comes to the Convention. It is a calculated move to help shore up delegates and swing in some electoral votes come November. President Obama selected Biden on the 25th of August, before he had the nomination locked up officially too. It isn't that odd.

This means Romney will get Wisconsin. That's 10 Electoral votes.

Romney / Ryan are on course for 285 Electoral Votes!

They only need 270 !

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Just like Romney! So why would I vote for him either?

The Romney / Ryan team will give you more info at the RNC Convention the last week of August 2012.

I agree. Now that Romney has a VP they have to scramble to come up with an actual agenda. The heat is on for Romney to produce something of value before his candidacy becomes nothing more than an advertising campaign......or has it already?

Be sure and watch the RNC Convention.

We have momentum and enthusiasm.

--------------
The Obama supporters are losing enthusiasm. They have been reduced to

calling Romney a murderer.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

C'mon man. I am trying to engage is serious political discourse here and all you ever do is regurgitate the same Romney campaign ads over and over.

If you get paid for the crap you post, I want in! I have helped keep many of your threads alive and I think I deserve some of your GOP treasures.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by samcrow

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Paul Ryan? VERY GOOD choice.
(although I think this means Romney will not win in Florida).

Ryan is smart. Ryan is capable. Ryan is experienced. Ryan isn't old and tired.
Ryan is all those things ... Obama, Biden and Romney aren't. He'll outshine them all.

It was a smart choice to go with.

Ryan is NOT a 'smart' individual, at least not in the academic sense. Well spoken and politically savvy in certain situations, yes, but his understanding of economics is on par with many 2nd or 3rd year undergrads. This isn't all that surprising given his education consists only of a Bachelor's from a midtier university. You can't 'street smarts' your way into deep economic theory, regardless of how 'brilliant' you might be. Ryan is not brilliant or even intellectually curious, so listening to him on economic matters is problemmatic at best. Even qualified people who would normally agree with his general type of economic philosophy think his math is garbage.
edit on 11-8-2012 by samcrow because: (no reason given)

Samcrow:You are right! He is not smart, he is brilliant! How can you make such a blanket statement about Ryan's intellect? You know nothing about this man, because if you did, you would never claim he is not smart. Take a look at this video, it clearly states that this man knows what he is talking about and schools Obama on his failed healthcare plan.

youtube.com

In my opinion, this should sum up "who Ryan is" . It should also make your decision very easy when you go to the polls.

Pax

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

You know nothing about this man, because if you did, you would never claim he is not smart. Take a look at this video, it clearly states that this man knows what he is talking about and schools Obama on his failed healthcare plan.

He does a good job taking Obamacare to task. So what would he do? Well let's look at his own website....

My plan, The Patients' Choice Act, ensures universal, affordable health care for all Americans. Under The Patients' Choice Act, patients and doctors would control their health care decisions - not insurance companies and federal government bureaucrats. Equally important, my proposal does not raise taxes or increase government spending, but uses the money we currently spend more effectively.

So his alternative is a "universal" health care plan that still relies on government assistance and does nothing to decrease costs. He "uses the money we currently spend more effectively".

What else?

Require CDC to undertake a national campaign highlighting science‐based health promotion strategies

A cost to taxpayers......

Invest $50 million annually for increased vaccine availability and bonus grants to states that achieve 90 percent or greater coverage of CDC‐recommended vaccines

A cost to taxpayers....and a bonus to states that prick the most people.

Provide incentives for states to reduce rates of chronic disease like heart disease and diabetes

A cost to taxpayers in the form of "incentives". Another bonus?

Creates a non‐profit, independent board to risk adjust among participating insurance companies to penalize companies that “cherry pick” health patients and reward insurers that encourage prevention/wellness and cover patients with pre‐existing conditions

A cost to taxpayers....with more bonuses for insurance companies.

Integrating low‐income families with dependent children into higher‐quality private plans through direct assistance

More freebies.

Requiring wealthy Medicare beneficiaries to contribute a little more for their care under Medicare Part D

Tax the rich?

Can anyone say that this plan is any better? What right does he have to criticize Obamacare when his plan does nothing to prevent the main issue with Obamacare......government control!

paulryan.house.gov

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by samcrow

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Paul Ryan? VERY GOOD choice.
(although I think this means Romney will not win in Florida).

Ryan is smart. Ryan is capable. Ryan is experienced. Ryan isn't old and tired.
Ryan is all those things ... Obama, Biden and Romney aren't. He'll outshine them all.

It was a smart choice to go with.

Ryan is NOT a 'smart' individual, at least not in the academic sense. Well spoken and politically savvy in certain situations, yes, but his understanding of economics is on par with many 2nd or 3rd year undergrads. This isn't all that surprising given his education consists only of a Bachelor's from a midtier university. You can't 'street smarts' your way into deep economic theory, regardless of how 'brilliant' you might be. Ryan is not brilliant or even intellectually curious, so listening to him on economic matters is problemmatic at best. Even qualified people who would normally agree with his general type of economic philosophy think his math is garbage.
edit on 11-8-2012 by samcrow because: (no reason given)

Samcrow:You are right! He is not smart, he is brilliant! How can you make such a blanket statement about Ryan's intellect? You know nothing about this man, because if you did, you would never claim he is not smart. Take a look at this video, it clearly states that this man knows what he is talking about and schools Obama on his failed healthcare plan.

youtube.com

In my opinion, this should sum up "who Ryan is" . It should also make your decision very easy when you go to the polls.

Pax

Bingo !

I remember the outstanding Paul Ryan performance on that day.

Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show that Paul Ryan is sinking 3 pointers!!!

Just look at Obama / Biden. They fear Paul Ryan. Ryan actually makes sense!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is a question for those who are pro and con. Who here actually has developed their own opinion, based on their own research and curiosity, of Rep. Paul Ryan? It requires an unfounded honesty to answer this I know but so far we have talking points from both sides and barely any information.

Side A: He has creepy eyes and he isn't smart. That degree he has in economics accounts for nothing.
Side B: He is wonderful and brilliant!

No wonder politics is shot....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
This is a question for those who are pro and con. Who here actually has developed their own opinion, based on their own research and curiosity, of Rep. Paul Ryan? It requires an unfounded honesty to answer this I know but so far we have talking points from both sides and barely any information.

Side A: He has creepy eyes and he isn't smart. That degree he has in economics accounts for nothing.
Side B: He is wonderful and brilliant!

No wonder politics is shot....

I guess we will learn a lot more during the Paul Ryan / Joe Biden VP debate in October.

I wonder what the GDP Growth Rate will be October 1st ?

What will be the unemployment rate October 1st?

I think Obama better start writing his concession speech right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well Romney just lost the Union votes, and secured him losing the election with picking Ryan. Not like I care because I will be voting for Obama again.

And before you call me an obamatron or whatever other insult you can come up with these are some reasons why I am voting for him.

Reasons why I am an Obama supporter:

1. The health care reform bill, wow now Nana can now afford medicine, doctors visits, and food!
2. He supports gay marriage
3. He is a Democrat, it will be a cold day before I vote republican. (with the exception of Ron Paul)
4. He bailed out General Motors, which GM is a big reason why our country used to be where it was. Like it or not but Detroit built this nation and we were going to just let it all burn! But hey let's be proud Americans and buy a Toyota...
5. He called Apple out on his town meeting about not building iPads in the US
6. Repealed don't ask don't tell

I can keep going but giving you 6 reasons I support him is enough, I am sorry if you disagree but he is a good president!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed
Well Romney just lost the Union votes, and secured him losing the election with picking Ryan. Not like I care because I will be voting for Obama again.

And before you call me an obamatron or whatever other insult you can come up with these are some reasons why I am voting for him.

Reasons why I am an Obama supporter:

1. The health care reform bill, wow now Nana can now afford medicine, doctors visits, and food!
2. He supports gay marriage
3. He is a Democrat, it will be a cold day before I vote republican. (with the exception of Ron Paul)
4. He bailed out General Motors, which GM is a big reason why our country used to be where it was. Like it or not but Detroit built this nation and we were going to just let it all burn! But hey let's be proud Americans and buy a Toyota...
5. He called Apple out on his town meeting about not building iPads in the US
6. Repealed don't ask don't tell

I can keep going but giving you 6 reasons I support him is enough, I am sorry if you disagree but he is a good president!

Well those are 6 reasons.

You seem to be ignoring the $16 Trillion National Debt. Don't feel bad. Obama is too.

You seem to be ignoring the $$$ Trillion dollar deficits projected for as far as the eye can see.

You should also know that ObamaCare is mother of all unfunded mandates to the

individual states.

-- Obama is doomed. --

Obama / Biden are up against a guy who knows the numbers and the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Paul Ryan scares the sh*t out of most Republicans, and Mitt just ignored the majority of his own party with this pick. Also, he just ensured that every voter who isn't wild about the idea of tossing our entire economic system into complete chaos without any real examination of the extended ramifications will be getting to the polls to vote against the Romney/Ryan ticket.

You don't have to want to vote FOR Obama to know that you REALLY don't want the kind of freshman recklessness that Ryan would literally bring into the White House if Romney wins. This is the Sarah Palin candidate of this 2012 election season.

Man, conservatives really are wired differently than most other people. Especially hard-right conservatives. I have no idea what they see when they look at the world in front of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It is not Obama's fault the republican party blocks him every chance he tries to make some change. This mess was caused from Bush, and the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act.

The only money Romney cares about is his own. America thinks Mormons are in a cult, a cult member is never going to be elected president.

The Catholics won't have it!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

He bailed out General Motors, which GM is a big reason why our country used to be where it was. Like it or not but Detroit built this nation and we were going to just let it all burn! But hey let's be proud Americans and buy a Toyota...

Yes, lets look at his auto bailout, shall we? www.abovetopsecret.com...

Emails Regarding Auto Bailout...Treasury Drove Cutoff of Non-Union Delphi Workers' Pension

He lied and cheated the American auto workers who were not unionized! He lied and cheated the American people, yet again. He broke Federal laws with this decision. Do'nt take my word for it, read the emails themselves.

The daily caller

And you think this has been a "good" President? LMAO!! Yet, you are so quick to jump on Ryan's case when you know nothing about him, but Obama's record is laid before you. Do me a favor, don't vote. Yours is the reason there should be some type of i.q.test required to cast a vote.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

He bailed out General Motors, which GM is a big reason why our country used to be where it was. Like it or not but Detroit built this nation and we were going to just let it all burn! But hey let's be proud Americans and buy a Toyota...

Emails Regarding Auto Bailout...Treasury Drove Cutoff of Non-Union Delphi Workers' Pension

He lied and cheated the American auto workers who were not unionized! He lied and cheated the American people, yet again. He broke Federal laws with this decision. Do'nt take my word for it, read the emails themselves.

The daily caller

And you think this has been a "good" President? LMAO!! Yet, you are so quick to jump on Ryan's case when you know nothing about him, but Obama's record is laid before you. Do me a favor, don't vote. Yours is the reason there should be some type of i.q.test required to cast a vote.

Luckily, yours is not a majority opinion. 20% at best, and definitely not large enough to ensure a Romney win in November. The only concern I have is the insane (and really obvious) effort in so many states to restrict Democratic voters from being able to vote without jumping through brand new hurdles. If this election turns on that GOP voter restriction agenda, there won't be anywhere for the "winners" to hide. You won't want to leave your house, and for a long, long time, if your party's foolishness succeeds in tipping the balance in your favor. That kind of election win will be a pox-infected blanket for you.

Not that you folks seem to understand the danger in what your operatives are doing. All you are capable of seeing is your hatred for the negro in the Oval Office.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Ridiculous response, proven by the fact you have nothing more to say than invoke racism into the discussion.
So tell me something, I gave you hard evidence on what went down regarding the auto bailouts and you come back with some kind of threat that sounds like this "Lord help you if your party wins or tries to obstruct the voting process".....

Where was your outrage when the Black panthers threatened and intimidated the white voters in Philly? Obama's hands all in that too!

I don't give a rats ass if he is purple with pink polka dots, our president is nothing but a liar and a cheat and a thug! You want to vote again for a criminal that is your prerogative But you have no idea what your man has in store for you next go round..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

The daily caller

You linking to a right winged propaganda "news site" doesn't help your stance on who the IQ test will help at the polls. I listed multiple reasons why I stand behind our president, which have fact behind it. All you can come up with is an insult.

Just admit you do not like it that there is a Black man in office and come up with as many fake arguments as you like. Unless you make over $250,000 a year, I do not know why you would vote Romney or Republican. I voted for Obama and I will help vote him back in.

Mormons are a cult, and Ryan's scare the unions! Plain and simple!
edit on 8/11/2012 by Djayed because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/2012 by Djayed because: I

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join