It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is fined 5,000 dollars for hosting a 10 year old birthday party......

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

agreed

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
If you wish to complain in support of this women, there are some numbers we can call below in order to put a little heat on these monsters:

Division of Zoning, Permits and Inspections
540-422-8220

Fauquier County Board of Supervisors
540-422-8020

While looking for the phone numbers, I also came across many articles where the farmers are fighting back against these Gestapo tactics.

www.richmondteaparty.com...
Action Alert: Stand up for Personal Property Rights in Virginia

www.topix.com...
Tea Party Protest In Support Of Virginia Farmer Over Fauquier County Zoning

www.rightsidenews.com...
Fauquier County Agrarian Unrest Comes to America

redstatevirginia.com...
FAUQUIER FARMERS FIGHT BACK!

www.cellarblog.org...
As readers of this blog know the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors is considering legislation that would seriously restrict activities in which Farm Wineries are able to engage.

Meanwhile, the criminal mega corporations that write their own legislation in DC, continue to reap the benefits of these policies, in killing off the small and medium sized business in America, to the point where people complain about the evil government and their taxes, when it is these criminal mega corporations that are responsible for this, since they have it all designed where they are not impacted due to their own loopholes put in place.

They work on the state, federal and city level to get what they want and I would not be surprised if they are involved here as well.

edit on 11-8-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

wanted to bump this great response please call these officals and complain.. I am going to first thing monday

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
the commonwealth of virgina has lost there bloody mines if they think people should buy permits to have parties on their property like birthday parties and pumpkin carving. in nc if you tried fining someone for having a pigpickin you might get knocked out. now if she was charging a entry fee i could see having to get an event permit or if she had several hundred people because you might need to divert local leos to traffic control but for small gatherings on private property i say to hell with the permit.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Yea i grew up here in the county... pig pickings happened alot... tents campers tons of people went on for days...

I couldn't imagine the cops showing up at my grandpas house and shutting it down because of permits.. hell we use to have the firedepartment show up and fill the pool.. lol..

I think if someone showed up demanding us to shut down they would have had a double barrel of rock salt shot at them.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You are delusional! The local government is corrupt so your solution is to do away with local control and ask the feds to control them who are even more corrupt? It's easier to root out local corruption then federal. States rights really equates to the right of the people its not a sham it is how this country was built and the reason we are where we are is because we have ceded the peoples rights to federal control! The crapola you are regurgitating has just gotten ridiculous... Sigh!

The role of the fed is to keep local and state governments in check, to prevent local governments from abusing individual rights.

State rights do not equate to rights of the people. That is a bunch of nonsense. The whole state rights thing was pushed by the slave owning states to protect the institution of slavery. In those slave owning states, families who ran big plantations ruled local governments with ruthless control, and still do to this day. Look at where this story comes from.

It is the fed gov prevention of abuse of individual liberties that keeps what liberties remain. As the fed gov has been weakened, our liberties have been stripped away.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Honestly, I dont even wanna say on here what I want to do. I mean seriously this world is #ed up. The problem is that the ppl who give these tickets dont care that they ruin your life, because they dont see it being wrong, but not only that because they can get away with it. Back in the day when ppl #ed up they would start a civil war, ppl would be afraid to do # like this. they need to be afraid again. Truly it is the only way at this point, alot of ppl say not to fight fire with fire, but you know what , im done with that, im going to fight fire with water.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am outraged but not shocked...Great story find...Im on Marthas side totally
flag and star for this thread...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kushaholic

Fight fire with AIR, its better so it will spread around.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

After researching, it seems the woman was given a warning,not a fine, for holding wine tastings, craft fairs, selling food items not grown on her farm, her friend's child's birthday party, etc. This farm and store is a commercial venture as well as the woman's home property. She is not being treated any differently than my buddy who owns an auto repair shop would be, except that he would have actually been fined many times, instead of just getting a warning after a neighbor complained of code/zoning violations.

While I agree it's a bunch of bull in many ways, they're really just catching up to the standard just about every other business has been held to for decades.

This is just another in a long line of recent stories trying to purport the big bad government is attacking the little guy, and there's always far more to the story than we're hearing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

After researching, it seems the woman was given a warning,not a fine, for holding wine tastings, craft fairs, selling food items not grown on her farm, her friend's child's birthday party, etc. This farm and store is a commercial venture as well as the woman's home property. She is not being treated any differently than my buddy who owns an auto repair shop would be, except that he would have actually been fined many times, instead of just getting a warning after a neighbor complained of code/zoning violations.

While I agree it's a bunch of bull in many ways, they're really just catching up to the standard just about every other business has been held to for decades.

This is just another in a long line of recent stories trying to purport the big bad government is attacking the little guy, and there's always far more to the story than we're hearing.

If she's was only just warned, and sold products not grown on her farm, then that's reasonable (I agree, that would be considered a for-profit venture). I don't agree about the birthday party warning (or fine?) though, unless she was charging, then I'd understand the ruling.

Do you have any links with your research? It could shed a lot of light on this topic.
edit on 12-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Five simple words are needed if they send her any kind of documentation wanting to contract with her and extort $5000.

REFUSE FOR CAUSE. NO CONTRACT.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Now i know why I don't have a facebook page!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Not suprising at all to me! this is the result of too much government and less and less freedoms!
I think of the state is a leech on the body of the populus, sucking the blood from us, make us weak
and soon may end up killing us! We need to take a stand for each other and stop being worried only about ourselves! If we were more united in our stand there is nothing we could not stop or do! because we are selfishly
affixated only with our own selves we are open to violations from the large preditory state! Never has it been more true then today united we stand divided we fall and fail!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You can't sell or give out wine without a permit. YOu can't serve food without a permit. If you are having a number of people for events, you need to have a permit so inspectors can make sure it meets fire and safety standards.

Running a business without a permit is a concern for everybody because it means most likely she doesn't have insurance to cover any issues.

Now if someone got hurt and hospitalized, the insurance company she doens't have wouldn't be able to pay the hospital bills and the law suit will be nasty, and now you have a veggie grower having her income chopped for life.

The fire department needs to make sure that if 20 people are paying to be on her facility, she has an extinguisher at the very least or a sprinkler system.

So no, you can't serve the public without a permit and for good reason.

edit on 13-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Im sorry in what state is this?????????im confused not familiar to me. a village in Paris??

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The money you have to pay for a license doesn't even cover the cost for manpower just to issue them. Some actually track business.

For example, if you have a liquer license, every time the police are called, a notie goes on their license. If they get too many troubles, the license is yanked. It is also yanked for serving under aged drinkers.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So predictably, ATSers scream bloody murder without actually looking into the facts. You hear birthday party and don't bother to learn that the woman is running an illegal business.

I used to shop at this family farm stand. I would stop on teh way home. It was a local family farm who sold their produce. I was trying to do the right thing and buy local. They kept wanting me to sign a petition for their court case because neighbors wanted them out of their neighborhood. Oh this poor little family farm stand would break your heart. Please everyone, they begged, come to the court hearing.

Come to find out that the reason they were being drug into court was that they know longer had a farm, they sold it for MILLIONS to a developer. The stuff they did sell, they bought at a grocery store or market trade.

They were also trying to rip off taxes by claiming that few acres they had left, was used as farm land. And even though a nice, huge subdivision was on what used to be their farm, they will still trying to get farm subsidies.

Teh neighborhood wanted them out because they were a scam, plain and simple.

You people really need to quit with the knee jerk reactions.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
***snip***
The world waits with anticipation, for what you ask? The day when America finally has enough and stands back up, to once again pay for freedom with the blood of tyrants, and patriots.

***snip***

Sadly, this is only a dream I cultivate in my heart, as Americans are either too fat and happy, or too lazy to do anything about it. I don't think it is out of fear, as I havenot seen very many Americans fear and cower to anyone, I mostly see everyone fighting eachother constantly over rediculous crap that is used to divide us and keep us seperated into small segregated groups.
***snip***

It strikes me - as a foreigner - that what you have is a constitution created by a bunch of people who had three major issues.
1) We do not want to be under british or french rule again so we preserve the right to have armed militias. We then create a union so that we are enough armed people to make a difference.
2) We present The American Way Of Life. The right to the pursuit of happiness. We tell tham that we are all equal, but only as equal as they themselves can make themselves to be.
3) Give them freedom of speech.

In other words any one person is as equal as he or she has managed to get. Often by ways of Standing on The Shoulders Of Others (while we hold them down - less equal as us).
To make even the most un-equal person feel he (or she) is "a somebody" we have preserved the right to arm our selves. "My life is crap. My boss is an a-hole. My wages are crap. I can't afford health care". But I have a gun. HA!

Meanwhile a number of rich people tell the rest of the nation that "We are rich because our pursuit of happiness succeeded." This bit about Stomping on others while getting rich is burried beneath "The constitution is on your side and you have the right to pursue your own happiness while you carress your gun".

The same rich people have people vote for them. Why of course. We vote for successful people. Not the poor or middle income bracket trash. They can't make their own lives work, so what right have they in office?

The successful people (rich) will create laws that benefit them. "Oh God - the little farmer is selling five bushels of apples. That will compete with my million dollar apple franchise. Better make a law to bring a halt to that. What would happen to my business if 100 farmers sold five bushels each?"

So how do we keep them down, the common people?
"We tell them that it is against the constitution if anyone tries to better their position or give them more rights. After all it is the constitution that grants them the right to pursue their own happiness. We know they will fail, but hey - they are allowed to have guns. Except the blacks. Is that law still intact? Or did the damn liberals manage to sneak that out?"
If they want to keep the guns they will have to defend the whole constitution. We tell them that it's all or nothing.
The parts where we protect an archaic point of view or forgot to mention something MUST be kept as is.

Except of course the parts where our businesses are under threat. We make some ammendments there. We just tell them that it will help them in their own pursuit of happiness.

Give them guns. A lottery system. Re-runs of We Love Lucy. The right to free speech so they feel they can complain, even if we ignore what they complain about. That will stop them from pursuing anything.

------------------------

Doesn't it strike you as funny that in the coming revolution to reinstate the constitution and it's intent (if not the letter) you will have to fight the conservatives that tells you that you have to protect status quo because anything else is against the constitution?

Rant over.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Char-Lee

The money you have to pay for a license doesn't even cover the cost for manpower just to issue them. Some actually track business.

For example, if you have a liquer license, every time the police are called, a notie goes on their license. If they get too many troubles, the license is yanked. It is also yanked for serving under aged drinkers.

TAXES TAXES TAXES..when do you think there is enough!

My sister used to make knitted items to sell, they used to ask for 5$ for a permit...then it was 10 now it is 100$ for a permit to sell in that same area. So of course she could never make any money so no more selling.

They are going to start charging homeowners, the news said this morning, send them bills for the 200 acre fire that is threatening their homes! They pay tons of taxes already! Where do you think all the money goes a big hole?

They said the schools would be swimming in money if the lottery was passed on here in CA and then where did the money go...are the schools better? NO!

That woman pays huge taxes for their place already, for the land, for the home, for the business...I think only people who don't work think there is no problem for the constant wanting more from all forms of government!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

Life and the total unfairness of things seems to be equal in all countries. The thing is, man cannot rule over man without cheating, stealing and making a mockery of every good thing started.

I see no way out unless there truly is a maker or some more powerful being who gives a darn and will take rule away from man over man. I don't have a great hope of this happening myself sadly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join