It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is fined 5,000 dollars for hosting a 10 year old birthday party......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I am no longer shocked at anything the US citizens are having done to them. From what I've seen over the last year it should have made people take to the streets and storm the Capitol a long time ago.

But no. New Ipads/pods/phones came out and American Idol had another season.

So whatever happens from here on in is the fault of the citizen IMO...for allowing it to happen.

Many of us here on ATS from other Nations have even posted vids, stories, atrocities and injustices that are happening to the Americans in the hopes to share and wake people the hell up and still...nothing.

People from all over the World are watching, waiting and wondering why nothing is happening. I don't think we can help anymore and should just leave it to the US citizen to stand or fall on their own.

I know exactly what I'd do in this situation and it sure as hell wouldn't be to grab a cold one and turn on the tube.

Peace

edit on 10-8-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

I'll tell you exactly why. Many are unemployed or barely getting by. They don't have the money to fight legally and are barely hanging on to their homes. Those with jobs aren't about to do anything to jeopardize their incomes. Any act of violence will result in jail and loss of said income. And let's not forget about what struggling for survival does to you. It wears you down and takes a lot of the fight out of you.

It's easy to speculate about how you would handle a situation if it were you, but until it is you, you don't have a clue about the obstacles that have to be cleared to actually do what you're suggesting. Those in control have gotten there and remained there for a reason. They are several steps ahead of the masses.

I pray you never find yourself in similar shoes.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Local and state governments are always far more corrupt and abusive than federal government, which is why conservatives are always for a weak fed and state rights.

It is so much easier for wealthy families to tread all your rights at a local level.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Local and state governments are always far more corrupt and abusive than federal government, which is why conservatives are always for a weak fed and state rights.

It is so much easier for wealthy families to tread all your rights at a local level.

This is BS.. we are more corrupt in local governments because of the fact we don't have states rights. Everyone ingores their local government and looks to washington to fix all problems.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by acidsweep

This is the inevitible outcome of a country that keeps growing the budget while cutting taxes.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

You have 1 too many letters in your post. It's the county doing it, not the country.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidsweep
*SHOCKED* What the heck is going on??? Just... so wrong!!! I'm almost speechless!

"Shocked" ?

"Speechless" ?

Not to be rude acidsweep but where the heck have you been over the past decade ???

I'm shocked that the vast majority of people can still be shocked by this type of insanity.

I'm shocked at the sheer number of Americans who still have no clue as to what's going on right before their very eyes and has been since 9/11.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
what if your stand says "free eggs" but require a $5 donation to support your farm.

would that be legal in the suppressed states of america.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well maybe it is getting closer to being time for:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

That's what they want you to believe.

Local and state governments are always more corrupt. The fed government keeps the states off our back when they are doing their job.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Not really locally it is easier to see a back lash and hold them accountable locally then federally, taking away states and more importantly the peoples right to local rule of law is not the answer by far. However they are all in bed together all local and state governments take federal bribe money to uphold unconstitutional federal laws like drug prohibition or forced health care.

The real problem is the peoples lack of backbone to stand up to them elect a sheriff who will actually protect them from this non-sense etc. The more feds are ceded control the less chance people have of doing anything. Local control is best but neither works if the people will not stand up.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Most often the local gentry control the police, their families are the local judge and DA.

Anyone who stands up to them is squashed, just like the story that begins this thread.

This isn't the fed doing this, it is the county.

Wake up and realize the whole states right agenda is a scam. The fed goes after the big fish, which keeps them off our backs.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It certainly seems that the internet is being used as a tool. Must be a lovely person, (AKA a piece of excrement) who brought the party to the official rats attention. I take it that this would not be a subject matter for Jerry Springer to bring all the parties together in one room, instead of a courtroom. It's yet another moneymaking scam, I guess you guys stateside understand that much better than me.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
whats the name of the county again ? WHAT? ooh F*** ur county ? ok now i know what they're doing

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

This is the inevitible outcome of a country that keeps growing the budget while cutting taxes.

This is the inevitible outcome of a county that keeps growing the budget while hemorrhaging braincells. Just a carbon copy of the nonsense that's occurring at the state and federal level.

Honestly, how many options do we really have at this point?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

edit on 11-8-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The reasons our political system doesn't work is because we have the trickle down effect with taxes and political power.

Housesholds are part of towns and towns are part of counties, counties as are to the states....states to the government...

In a proper chain of command you would go up one step at a time.. so if the town was trampling on households those house holds go to the county.. if its the county then they go to the state and so on...

when people are involved the system would work.... but as of now the system is broke and we will see this kind of corruption.

I wrote a thread with solutions to solve these problems.

fixing america

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7

Originally posted by acidsweep
*SHOCKED* What the heck is going on??? Just... so wrong!!! I'm almost speechless!

"Shocked" ?

"Speechless" ?

Not to be rude acidsweep but where the heck have you been over the past decade ???

I'm shocked that the vast majority of people can still be shocked by this type of insanity.

I'm shocked at the sheer number of Americans who still have no clue as to what's going on right before their very eyes and has been since 9/11.

Yes, I'm SHOCKED AND SPEECHLESS. I'm sorry, I do not live in a small community such as this, so I wouldn't know what happens in these kinds of communities. Nor would I ever expect taxation and licenses to ever be required for private gatherings such as a birthday party. Maybe you live in a communist state (in your head), but I do not. I would have never expected this kind of BS to happen anywhere (even 3rd world countries), let alone the US of A!

The only insanity I see, is people like you, expecting everyone to be in the 'know' of everything that happens around the US/World. On the flip side, I'm glad more and more of this stuff IS being put out there for more of the public to see. It's funny, you make it seem like it's common knowledge, when it's obviously not. Read the other posts and see how many other people are just as surprised as me at this kind of court ruling (after an appeal).

You can move along now.
edit on 11-8-2012 by acidsweep because: look at the words in bold.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Given that there are supposedly now laws on the books for million dollar fines for reselling previously recalled goods at a garage or yard sale then I am not too surprised (shocked but "not surprised" if you know what I mean). There appears to be no limit to fines for even minor offenses (debatable at even the offense) but there is a limit apparently on common sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Perhaps a Constitutional Lawyer will take the case...this may not be "cruel" in the physical sense but it is "unusual punishment" in a financial sense.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

My big question is why the f is the zoning inspector looking at her facebook page ? Small town snooper?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you wish to complain in support of this women, there are some numbers we can call below in order to put a little heat on these monsters:

Division of Zoning, Permits and Inspections
540-422-8220

Fauquier County Board of Supervisors
540-422-8020

While looking for the phone numbers, I also came across many articles where the farmers are fighting back against these Gestapo tactics.

www.richmondteaparty.com...
Action Alert: Stand up for Personal Property Rights in Virginia

www.topix.com...
Tea Party Protest In Support Of Virginia Farmer Over Fauquier County Zoning

www.rightsidenews.com...
Fauquier County Agrarian Unrest Comes to America

redstatevirginia.com...
FAUQUIER FARMERS FIGHT BACK!

www.cellarblog.org...
As readers of this blog know the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors is considering legislation that would seriously restrict activities in which Farm Wineries are able to engage.

Meanwhile, the criminal mega corporations that write their own legislation in DC, continue to reap the benefits of these policies, in killing off the small and medium sized business in America, to the point where people complain about the evil government and their taxes, when it is these criminal mega corporations that are responsible for this, since they have it all designed where they are not impacted due to their own loopholes put in place.

They work on the state, federal and city level to get what they want and I would not be surprised if they are involved here as well.

edit on 11-8-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
What they should do is send a big F U birthday cake to the mayor of this fawk your (farm) county. Or follow these bureaucrats around and see what shenanigans they get up too and post in on the web and fine them.Almost time to fight fire with fire.They seem to think they are better than everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join