It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Romney To Announce VP Pick Saturday August 11th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

At this point we might as well laugh about it. November is still a bit away and we can't cry until then.

edit on 8/11/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So, we know who will win in november then.

Dear Pubkins, in a time when we are struggling to get out of a recession, don't break out Thurstin Howell III and have him pick the guy that wants to sell your grandmother for cigar money as his running mate and expect to win anything.

Anyhow, props to Rmoney for regaining back their..erm..fringe tea party element far right base..and losing everyone else mind you.

In saying that, Ryan is "cute", so they will get some of the voting on looks alone vote and not even sure what the hell politics is about..so long as they go into media blackout as they bring to light all the craptacular things this guy is about.

I would have went with Rubio..pandering for the latinos? sure...but pandering often works.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Romney just lost senior citizens (along with women, independents and men... )

Did you read what you posted? ... if he lost women and men so whats left? No one.

While I am sure that Obama will still win, what BH posted about a loss of the entire voting block isn't the case.

By picking Ryan, Romney will gain - fiscal conservatives, some youth vote, catholics, and small business owners (that's where his roots are). Ryan is also not homo-phobic and is left of Romney when it comes to those equality issues.

However, by picking Ryan, Romney will not be able to win Florida and he'll not gain any friends among senior citizens. Hispanics who wanted Rubio as VP may jump ship as well, unless Romney promotes Rubio to a cabinet position, like Secretary of Housing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It really does boil down to the lesser of two evils or as I've said in the past; the GOP sacrificed Romney long ago and this selection of Ryan sort of solidifies it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yes, everyone panders. But didn't Romney pretty much have the far right and TPers? This might get more of them out to vote, but it also alienated many... I guess they've worked though the numbers and decided this was their best option...

I was sure it was going to be another surprise woman, like Susana Martinez, Governor of NM. She's got executive experience... But perhaps it would be seen as reminiscent of Sarah Palin, and they didn't want to bring that debacle up again.

IMO, having Romney as president is as bad as having Palin for president, though.

I think it's interesting that I turned on CNN to see what they were saying about this pick and they were talking about the Olympics... Seems in previous years, the news revolved around the VP pick (Palin and Biden) for several hours at least. I wonder - is this being seen as not a surprise or just not very interesting or newsworthy? Curious.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Did you read what you posted? ... if he lost women and men so whats left? No one.

Well, I'm afraid that's pretty much what it boils down to. Of course, I meant that he's lost the majority of the voters in those groups. not the entire block - and yes, that pretty much tells the tale.

Obama leads 53 percent to 42 among independents, and has a 6 percentage point advantage among men.

Source

If you've got a disadvantage among these vital blocks, you lose.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Of course, I meant that he's lost the majority of the voters in those groups. not the entire block -

It was just so funny reading what you posted ... that he's lost the men, independents and women.

That's EVERYONE.

Ryan was a good pick by Romney for VP. It was smart. I'm surprised he did it.
That being said - even with the gains he'll get by picking Ryan (and yes, he'll get some)
I'm sure that Obama is still going to win.
edit on 8/11/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
With just 16 days left till the GOP convention Ron Paul is looking better and better !

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Graduating from Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville in 1988, Ryan was voted prom king and "Biggest Brown-Noser" by his fellow classmates.[13] In college, he briefly worked for Oscar Mayer as a Wienermobile driver.

en.wikipedia.org...

No joke.

PS. I have a feeling the people who see reptilian eyes on all the elite are going to have a field day with this guy...

edit on 11-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

So between Mittens impersonating a police officer in his college years and Paul Ryan's Wiener Mobile, these two would make the creepiest Super Villain duo ever.

Could you imagine a wiener mobile with a siren trying to pull you over to take away your Medicare?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

What really gets me is how he was chosen by his fellow classmates to be the biggest brown noser. So this was his MO to rise to the second highest position in the US? I figure that he needs to be looked at as the next POTUS.

If he got to where he is through brown nosing then he is capable of chopping off the heads of anyone who stands in his way to the ultimate prom king.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Enough with the uninformed high school antics! Not one of you has discussed this mans record and what he has
done. Here is a little of information on whom Ryan is. Open your eyes people, he wants to turn the economy around and take America back for YOU!!

So before you throw all your nasties and nay sayings, take just a moment to educate yourselves on his plans.
By the way his economic plan passed in the House but was defeated in the Senate. Watch him hand Obama his hat and show him the door.

youtube.com

Pax

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join