It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Philosophy - Nuncamorism (God is Now-Love, The Love of The Present Moment)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes, I already know that some people had similar philosophies of Focusing on The Present Moment, or believing that The Present Moment is all that is.

Imagine that God is The Current Moment happening now... now... now... now... (current reality)

When you choose to LOVE (Have affection for) This Current Reality you are seeing through The Divine Eyes of Reality (which is actually The All - The Complete Living Existence Consciousness)...

Whatever is happening now... love it...

Love the arising thoughts that are happening now...
Love the arising emotions and desires that are happening now...
Love the text that you are reading now...
Love your agreement or disagree with this text that is arising in you now...

If you hit your foot against a wall, love the pain because it is happening now...
You can also appreciate the fact that your physical body is working just fine...
But if it weren't that too, would be beautiful...

All is happening now - forever - eternity...
Even the conflicts are beautiful because they are arising now...

Reality is an ocean and there are calm, gentle waves (positivity) that are hitting the shore (reality) NOW...
and there are large, harsh, violent waves (negativity) that are hitting the shore (reality) NOW...

It is all beautiful to love this present moment with ALL that is happening now - forever - eternity...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

That's pretty weird to me, to "love" the present reality. I am quite free to feel love, hate, wonder, depression, anxiety, warmth, etc., at any present moment. The past and future are where my imagination resides. Each present moment, I feel a diverse manifold of emotions. I can't lie and say that I love every present moment. That would make me some kind of "love" robot. lol

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I can see where you are coming from, what is the benefit of that approach. Love and wisdom need each other to complete, to just love for the sake of if may be a sign of sickness. Certainly sounds unnatural, if you focus on love only eventually the pendulum will swing the other way. Hatred moves in real hard, I suppose you could love that also. But even if you do, the end result will be the same.That's where wisdom is needed, Love without wisdom is just no good. Its called throwing the pearls down the toilet.Don't get me wrong, you can reverse the argument and leave wisdom on its own and that becomes rather pointless also.
On the other hand , it depends the type of love you are talking about. Perhaps you could give us all a better picture of this love you are exposing. This would be helpful for your post. For me Love without wisdom is not love, but hey that only how I see it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more, OP. I don't believe in time, only the present. Time is only a man made tool to measure point A and point B in this eternal moment we call the present. I never think of the past or future, I am always here in the now.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I advise you study into (or farther into) buddhism. Find your nearest temple and go right away! You are going to find what you are looking for.. Trust me....

Much Love... Foodstamp for president...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Honestly, I think you and the thread maker are on the same level. The only thing that seperates you two is different wording.

The OP could say "Love the pain because it's happening now" But the greater message that's being told is "Be aware of what's happening, and be humble in it's experience. And understand that this too, shall pass"

Accept everything with equal measure and you will then be able to contemplate the greater things that life has to offer. And pursue that too with love and good intention.

This is how you transcend to greater measure....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3l3v3n
I couldn't agree more, OP. I don't believe in time, only the present. Time is only a man made tool to measure point A and point B in this eternal moment we call the present. I never think of the past or future, I am always here in the now.

Yes time is a tool to measure. However, you've been given the gift of foresight. Do not deny it. But use it wisely.... I'm sure you already are...Perhaps you too have been misunderstood...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Star for this thread.

While it seems to some people that this world is going down the tube, we have to find something that keeps the rest of us going.

There are plenty of things to be positive about. You have to look for it.

If you are certain the world is doomed, go make a fuss in politics or world war 3 topic.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
If it's real to you then you already know this to be true. Know what I mean ?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by arpgme

That's pretty weird to me, to "love" the present reality. I am quite free to feel love, hate, wonder, depression, anxiety, warmth, etc., at any present moment. The past and future are where my imagination resides. Each present moment, I feel a diverse manifold of emotions. I can't lie and say that I love every present moment. That would make me some kind of "love" robot. lol

Oh, maybe it is the word "love" that is not fully explained here. When I mean love the current reality, I mean also loving the arising thoughts, desires, and emotions... They are OK, but behind these arising thoughts and emotions, you can still love now.

If I accidentally hit my foot against the wall, and experience the pain, I will not "hate" the moment. I would still love it, and one of the thoughts that may arrive in that moment is "goody, my body is reacting properly"...

Originally posted by ancientthunder
I can see where you are coming from, what is the benefit of that approach. Love and wisdom need each other to complete, to just love for the sake of if may be a sign of sickness. Certainly sounds unnatural, if you focus on love only eventually the pendulum will swing the other way. Hatred moves in real hard, I suppose you could love that also. But even if you do, the end result will be the same.That's where wisdom is needed, Love without wisdom is just no good. Its called throwing the pearls down the toilet.Don't get me wrong, you can reverse the argument and leave wisdom on its own and that becomes rather pointless also.
On the other hand , it depends the type of love you are talking about. Perhaps you could give us all a better picture of this love you are exposing. This would be helpful for your post. For me Love without wisdom is not love, but hey that only how I see it.

Love (affection) is no longer love without wisdom (a type of knowledge)? That is not accurate. Affection / Love is Affection / Love whether it is done intelligently or not.

I am talking about loving the present moment. When you love the present moment, you let go of jealousy, greed, anger, and you are just focused on loving the surroundings of now - what is here now in existence. You will still be aware of the CURRENT thoughts and emotions arriving though, but you just love them (accept them) and love each moment as they are happening now.

Even if you accidentally hit your foot against the wall and experience pain, that can still be loved.

Originally posted by foodstamp
reply to post by arpgme

I advise you study into (or farther into) buddhism. Find your nearest temple and go right away! You are going to find what you are looking for.. Trust me....

Much Love... Foodstamp for president...

I am not "looking" for anything. I am enjoying this present moment, now. This is a little bit different from Buddhism because Buddhism focuses on "detachment" to let go of desires and have constant peace. I am talking about putting all focus on affection for everything in the present moment as it occurs.

Originally posted by foodstamp
The OP could say "Love the pain because it's happening now" But the greater message that's being told is "Be aware of what's happening, and be humble in it's experience. And understand that this too, shall pass"

Yes, but instead of saying "this too shall pass" which is future, I would understand that The Present is forever unfolding (changing) now, I guess it may be the same thing but with a slightly different perspective.

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

What do you mean by "real"? I'm not claiming for anything controversial to be real.

Unless you mean "God" which is actually a redefined word for this philosophy meaning "The Love of The Present", which we know exist.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The two responses to my writing to you are exactly in line with the buddhist philosophy. Again, were confusing words...

You say you recognize a constant change....I say the current situation will soon pass.. it's the exact same thing...

You say You always look at the "Now" in a positive way (Love)
Detaching yourself from your reactionary emotions allows for you to look at everything without neagative emotional barriers or bias's. Again, the same thing.

You say Tomatoe
I say tomahto

Doesn't matter which way you slice. truth is truth...Love is love, and God cares not what you believe or who you believe in.

Religion, as well as your founded beliefs and my own, Are just the same thing sliced up and wrapped into many tiny, cute, different little packages.....With the same present inside...
edit on 8/11/1212 by foodstamp because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Yes, it is the same exact thing with a slightly different angle. You said "shall pass" which is future, and I see the present as an eternal unfoldING. I just choose to word it difference to keep the spot-light on The Present.

I think "love" may be a loaded word for some. It probably would have been the exact same thing if I said "full awareness on the continuous present moment" or even "full focus on this continuous present moment"...

It doesn't matter if the word is "love", or "awareness" or "focus"... once you become PRESENT oriented, you will drop many systems/orders which bring suffering (highly unfulfillable desires for example)...

Everyone (animal/thing) is naturally present oriented but then we learned about "scheduling" and "planning"...
I'm not saying that these things are negative , but it seems like people have focused so much on the mental planning that they forgot about The Dominance of The Continuous Unfolding Present Moment.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The presence is aware. The moment is alive. No 'other' time can be known, only imagined. Imagination is always an assumption. The present is truth.
When the mind stops projecting imagined past or imagined future it is realized that all there is, is this.
When there is no next and no before what is there to worry about. What's wrong with right now....unless you think about it?
When you are present with what is you are just being. And being is pure love because it has nothing to prove, nothing to defend and nowhere to go.
You are the being of the present moment. There is no separation, you and now are one. This is oneness. When oneness is recognized there can be no division. It is division that makes conflict.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

What do you mean by "real"? I'm not claiming for anything controversial to be real.

Unless you mean "God" which is actually a redefined word for this philosophy meaning "The Love of The Present", which we know exist.

"real" would be your interpretation of the current moment, which as defined by you, The Love of the Present.....
edit on 8/11/2012 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

The only 'real' is seeing and hearing - knowing. This can only happen presently.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

ok and what does that have to do within the context of my post? I was replying to an earlier question posted by the OP....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think I would prefer be honest with myself rather than become a self imposed sado-masachist just because there is an idea about how to 'be' and it sounds good.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Arles Morningside because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I am the ocean and the wave, they are interconnected and there can be no separation.

The "void" the "space" is filled with pure movement, pure flow. There is no "inner self" or "inner emptiness", there is just forever now eternally unfolding.

this movement is everywhere, in all places, The All. The body will die but the movement continues - Awareness just staying in the present moment of its eternal unfolding... giving the illusion of "stillness".

"real" would be your interpretation of the current moment, which as defined by you, The Love of the Present.....

No. The present moment is the present moment, and that is it. It is real whether you accept it (love it) or not.

I was just suggesting pure love/awareness of this present moment, but even if you don't, that doesn't make this moment less "real", it just makes you less "conscious" of it (and maybe "conscious" is too strong of a word).

Originally posted by Arles Morningside
I think I would prefer be honest with myself rather than become a self imposed sado-masachist just because there is an idea about how to 'be' and it sounds good.

What? Being Present Dominant (instead of Past or Future Dominant) is "sado-masachistic"?

People becoming Future or Past oriented, I don't think it is "sado-masachistic" to be Present Oriented.

I am not talking about anything sounding "good" or "bad"; these are labelled that you created and put over these time tenses...

There is nothing "Good" or "bad" about existence (to be), it just is, until you overlay your own dreams and desires OVER existence, then it becomes "good" or "bad" (in one's OPINION).
edit on 11-8-2012 by arpgme because: more responses

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

No. The present moment is the present moment, and that is it. It is real whether you accept it (love it) or not.

I was just suggesting pure love/awareness of this present moment, but even if you don't, that doesn't make this moment less "real", it just makes you less "conscious" of it (and maybe "conscious" is too strong of a word).

But you aren't including the dream state, something nobody else can account for. You don't know my dreams because you aren't experiencing it, so therefore that is a "present moment" that you can't account for. Noone on the planet can account for it. It is a form of time travel, in my opinion.....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

What do you mean I am not including the dream state? When the dream state is happening, it is happening now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join