It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

lol, what?

That makes zero sense, sorry.

Stop grabbing random words from quantum physics and applying them randomly to physical mechanics.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Just because you lack the drive to understand it does not mean it doesn't make sense.

I'm not the one who came up with the theory, scientists and physicists are. You know, the same people that you listened to to come to the conclusion that our universe will have an end? Yeah, those.
edit on 11-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Well, what is your source for that? I don't object to taking on a claim that I don't agree with.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

National Geographic

From a very reputable source no less.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Did you miss the question mark at the end of that article title?

Ending A Statement With A Question Mark?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

What exactly is your point here? Who cares about the title of the article? What matters is the content of the article.

Good job showing your ignorance though.

Pitiful attempt at trying to discredit the article by the way.

edit on 11-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think you are having a God experience now. It is like a light within you. I am a believer but it took me a long time to truly receive the words of the Lord. I would hear people talk or I would read the Bible and feel a spark but it would never truly ignite. So where I started was with faith (believing in things not seen). I then started reading the Bible slowly and as I read I took that small portion each time and I asked the Lord to help me understand. What started happening was my passion grew to really know the Lord and I was given so much peace. I believe it is the personal relationship with the Lord is where it all begins. He has all the answers to our deepest questions. I am still learning today but I have had some amazing things shown to me in my walk with the Lord. Just ask Him. The Bible says we do not receive because we do not ask. I hope this helps you. The story of Job helped me a lot. It is an amazing book of the Bible. I pray the Lord will guide and direct you and open your ears to hear and your eyes to see.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I believe in birth and I believe in death. Everything in between is completely irrelevant. I had not existed for eternity before my birth and i shall not exist for eternity after my death. I truly am an eternal being.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I belive in god since it keeps bugging me all the time that it exists and wanna me to be a part of it in a nice friendly way

I belive all people can become mystics and experiance gnosis when they are ready and realise something more. I am of no real religon and can see the source in many even science. If you have a problem connecting then my suggesstion is try to listen to medative videos on youtube that open chakras and start up the Kundaliniflow. I myself like vibrational sounds because they change my body and makes it feel something.

Nowdays I kinda am looking into Sikhism as a curious observer. It seems they are beliving in the same nondual reality as Bhagavad Gita, Buddha, Jesus (if you can read the hidden messages) and Toltec Indians.

When it comes to human understanding of god every source seem to me be a little off the mark when going into detail. Like looking at a picture of a apple that is colered purple. Yes the shape of the apple is right but the color is clearly not what I percive it to be.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
him or her U can cal only some one who have genitalia... if god have one, then he/she is not a god

edit on 11-8-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
The only logical answer is that YES "God" does exist.. But not as you think, God is simply the creator, Meaning the universe..

There is no physical being, or supernatural being.. No heaven, No hell.. Only Life.. And that can not be disputed.. Don't put blind faith in fake Deity's..

Invest your time in science.. Where you will find the truly rewarding answers that most seek..

But that universe has conciousness and purpose. I will not belive a duality view but test it out against reality as I percive it. I am not buying the religon called science as the only source of knowledge, since it does not look at all knowledge yeet and refuse to see some things, but I love the knowledge it has gathered so far.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
can U guys those who believe in god answer one of those 10 questions?
10 questions that every intelligent Christian must answer :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Either my mind can bend the universe to my favor or there is a God.

Or maybe both?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

Why do you believe in God?

Because he is the one who created me.

When I was a little sperm , he fed me.

He showed me the way toward the egg.

He put love in my mothers heart to feed me and take care of me.
1- I know all those facts.
2- I don't like being ungrateful.

1 + 2 = I am not ungrateful ignorant.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

god did not create U man. Your parents have some good time. that is why U here

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZakOlongapo

I don't see my father creating an sperm.

He even can not build a house by his own knowledge and strength.

BTW , sperms are tiny little living things you know.

Those scientists who claim to be creator are really behind the way of creation.

They are just using the tolls and rules of the created nature.

My proof is that this universe was there before even those scientists were even born.

And those sperms have been finding their ways before men could even speak and write.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

sounds like U have no clue how universe, galaxy, solar system, earth and life forms here do works...
its ok U are not the only one. there is majority of the people like U. how old is Your religion?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
In the Gospel of Mark we see Jesus proclaimed as Messiah by an Old Testament Prophet, John the Baptist.
This proclamation from John the Baptist was of the promised redeemer that God told Eve He would send.

It was a promise from God to repair the relationship we as humanity destroyed

People dont get healed in their infirmities, it is suppose to be that way. Jesus said it was better to lose a hand or pull out an eye than sin. Jesus focus was never on healing the body, He focused on healing the sin of humanity. Jesus focus was never on money, thats a teleevangelist lie. Jesus was about community.

I believe in God because of who and what Jesus was and did. I believe in Jesus, as Gamaliel said to the Pharisees. "If this is of God then it cant be stopped." Christianity has suffered endless persecution yet right now flourishes in the most brutal places on earth

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by U4ea82

please, don't derail the thread trying to convince those who do believe that there is no God. Please be respectful of others and their faith.

There are many people who believe in god.

The question is "do you follow his orders?"

This is some thing practical.

When I believe in god , but I see that I prefer approaching the forbidden tree , that is the time for testing one's belief.

Otherwise it is just some words kept in mind. That is the time for test.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
reply to post by mideast

sounds like U have no clue how universe, galaxy, solar system, earth and life forms here do works...
its ok U are not the only one. there is majority of the people like U. how old is Your religion?

I know about universe.

but I also know about those scientists who make lies to satisfy their hidden agenda , too.

There are the same group of people who made bio bombs and nuclear bombs.

I trust my own eyes + other trustees sent by my creator.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join