It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I were a Christian,

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Ok, I seem to be in the wrong thinking that it takes a selfless life of helping others and worshiping God and or Jesus to be a Christian. What would I be missing that would block my passage to Heaven?

Think about a little boy or girl who love their parents. My sons when they were small.... One of them would admire and imitate daddy, he wanted to wanted to be like him. He worshiped his father, so he willingly followed his father's guidance because he trusted him in everything. Hope this helps.

worship: great admiration or devotion shown towards a person or principle.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

LOL, maybe that would work if my parents had deserved any respect. They were superstitious and selfish. I saw right trough them. However, I've met much worse people. Some of whom I didn't see through quick enough.

So, I would need to love this God? I love my daughter in law and my cats. They are emotionally vulnerable. There is a nurturing feeling in me that I call love. I don't think an all powerful being needs nurtured.
edit on 20-8-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ScatterBrain

Your analogy would work if only God presented an example of good fatherhood, family values and just being a good over all fellow. But, alas he isn't any of those things.

He never gave Adam and Eve a childhood, a mother or even a trusted babysitter. He let 1/3 of his angels rebel and come to to earth and rape the daughters of Eve, and then let them give birth to monsters! And, he gave this Earth to the leader of that rebellion and left us here.

Then he kills almost everybody with a flood. When things start up again he meets Moses, who had just murdered an Egyptian soldier and was on the run. He then flies around in a pillar of fire, instructing the Israelites not to kill, now go kill.

Then he molests a teen age girl and gets her pregnant and has his son murdered by an angry mob, all in order to save us from his wrath.

Not someone I would want as a daddy role model for my children.
edit on 20-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Well, there goes the thread.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Not someone I would want as a daddy role model for my children.

Me either. I just wish more religious people would research the names of the Gods in the Bible, yes, there are more than one. Look at how the Ancients viewed the God, those who seen the God, but what they say is myth, isn't it? The question I have had for many years, the God of the OT is mean, murderous, and jealous. Eats people. (Aarons sons) and the God of the NT is loving, and kind. What happened here? This smacks of something wrong to me, how about you? Did the new God kill the old God? If so, how come we were not told the story of this event?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I think the gods of the Old Testament got run out of town, for mischief, by the PTB! I know that Krishna is said to have left in this Vimana, after reluctantly participating in a war.

The "Father" god that Jesus speaks of can't possible be the same guy from the OT. Maybe the Mormons are right, and Jesus' God is a just a guy that ascended and now lives on another planet, sending his angels to check on us. When we die, if male, that is, we get our own planet to run, with our wives helping us, and all those sinners become the flora and fauna.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Your analogy would work if only God presented an example of good fatherhood, family values and just being a good over all fellow. But, alas he isn't any of those things. He never gave Adam and Eve a childhood, a mother or even a trusted babysitter. He let 1/3 of his angels rebel and come to to earth and rape the daughters of Eve, and then let them give birth to monsters! And, he gave this Earth to the leader of that rebellion and left us here. Then he kills almost everybody with a flood. When things start up again he meets Moses, who had just murdered an Egyptian soldier and was on the run. He then flies around in a pillar of fire, instructing the Israelites not to kill, now go kill. Then he molests a teen age girl and gets her pregnant and has his son murdered by an angry mob, all in order to save us from his wrath. Not someone I would want as a daddy role model for my children.

Yeah, I guess that's the problem with your god.....sorry to hear, sounds terrible and miserable. My God is love, he knows everything about me and even turns situations I mess up into good, I often thought I was lucky or favored but nope, my god is totally impartial. I must say you know a lot about some pretty evil stuff... do you always fear evil? I try to never even let evil in my brain more so than what is needed to understand the enemy. Either way, I am sorry your mind has been brought so low, I hope for the best for you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join