It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama... why isn't the left winged media pushing Ron Paul??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Because he is absolutely no threat and outside of the internet isnt taken seriously. Ive warmed up to Paul lately but be realistic. If he ran against Obama he would lose by an insane margin. You do make an interesting point OP and I like where youre head is at but there is no way Paul could contend against Obama.

You don't know just how popular Ron Paul is in liberal states, do you?

Ron Paul, would not only pick up Republican and MOST independent votes, but would pick up the disenfranchised Obama voters, the hardcore anti-war voters and more.

I actually live in an extremely liberal area here in Southern California and hell, our Ron Paul grassroots office is HEADQUARTERED in VENICE BEACH of all places and Ron Paul is LOVED there, you guys really have no idea how popular Ron Paul is in the places you'd least expect.

edit on 10-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Serenity777

I'm sorry but I just don't fully believe this.

Ron Paul's record is what i support.

Ron Paul's ideas are what i support.

your washington post article is about Rand Paul... who is not his father and i don't support him nearly as much

of course I love the fact Ron Paul sits down with Bernanke.. shows character and class.

to the PHANTOM: I think your seeing the point I"m trying to get at..... There isn't left or right once in the Establishment and the Republicans would rather see Obama in office and the Democrats would rather see Romeny in office than have Ron Paul and his ideas and record.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Domo1
Because he is absolutely no threat and outside of the internet isnt taken seriously. Ive warmed up to Paul lately but be realistic. If he ran against Obama he would lose by an insane margin. You do make an interesting point OP and I like where youre head is at but there is no way Paul could contend against Obama.

You don't know just how popular Ron Paul is in liberal states, do you?

Ron Paul, would not only pick up Republican and MOST independent votes, but would pick up the disenfranchised Obama voters, the hardcore anti-war voters and more.

I actually live in an extremely liberal area here in Southern California and hell, our Ron Paul grassroots office is HEADQUARTERED in VENICE BEACH of all places and Ron Paul is LOVED there, you guys really have no idea how popular Ron Paul is in the places you'd least expect.

edit on 10-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

i agree if the mainstream media was to get behind paul all the republican sheep would vote for him, all the independents would as well.. and of course quite a few demcrats.

This is why I laugh when I hear people saying that a vote for paul is a vote for obama. Just more mainstream propaganda in my opinion

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Ron Paul or Bust! Anything else is more of the same ol', same ol'.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I agree, and think the OP is asking a valid question. If the Dems are so sure that Obama would beat Ron Paul, a logical strategy would be to give Ron Paul more press time. The reality is that they are just as afraid of him as the GOP, and are terrified that strategy could backfire and cost them the presidency in November.
And they should be terrified, because it just might.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Well thats the catch 22, the msm would never favor Ron Paul. All we needed was fairness with the mainstream media, I know it is a lot to ask but all Ron Paul needed was a fair shot.

I don't think I have to remind everybody about the week before the Iowa caucus. Ron Paul polling #1 and then came the 'Santorum surge' momentum created by the media, which originated from an artificial poll.

What would've happened if Ron Paul won Iowa? He wins NH, everybody else drops out, he wins South Carolina and its over for Mitt Romney, no amount of media hounding would've taken the momentum from under the Ron Paul sailboat.

I don't think many people understand just how close we were to Ron Paul dominating the GOP primaries & all that was necessary was fairness for the week prior to Iowa.

Now the haters complain that 'Ron Paul supporters' subverted the 'will' of the people by winning delegate spots. Really? Who subverted the will of the people? Ron Paul supporters following the rules formed to protect the Republic from the Democracy or the MSM LYING?

I love being on the right side of history.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Well thats the catch 22, the msm would never favor Ron Paul. All we needed was fairness with the mainstream media, I know it is a lot to ask but all Ron Paul needed was a fair shot.

I don't think I have to remind everybody about the week before the Iowa caucus. Ron Paul polling #1 and then came the 'Santorum surge' momentum created by the media, which originated from an artificial poll.

What would've happened if Ron Paul won Iowa? He wins NH, everybody else drops out, he wins South Carolina and its over for Mitt Romney, no amount of media hounding would've taken the momentum from under the Ron Paul sailboat.

I don't think many people understand just how close we were to Ron Paul dominating the GOP primaries & all that was necessary was fairness for the week prior to Iowa.

Now the haters complain that 'Ron Paul supporters' subverted the 'will' of the people by winning delegate spots. Really? Who subverted the will of the people? Ron Paul supporters following the rules formed to protect the Republic from the Democracy or the MSM LYING?

I love being on the right side of history.

Of course the Mainstream Media never would give him time because there is no left or right at the top. Even with the mainstream media. They do the bidding of the Establishment and since there is no left or right in the top of the Establishment you can plainly see that they have who they want

They don't care who wins. That is to say they would be just as happy with either canidate because they have plans for both. They know how to control them.

So my underlying question with this thread is

"DO YOU BELIEVE THERE IS AN ESTABLISHMENT IN OUR GOVERNMENT THAT IS NOT REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT WHO MAKE THE PLAN."

Because if you do then the media on both sides is in their control.

Until a majority of people realize this and don't see them as a red vs blue, but as one whole party who is all responsible.

Almost ALL OF OUR ELECTED OFFICALS HAVE VOTED AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Fact is Ron Paul is as popular with the Democrats as he is with Republicans. That may be less obvious during primary season than it would going into November because many if not most states only allow one to participate in the party's primary elections that they are registered with.

Paul is a right-leaning libertarian philosophically, the liberty aspect being his appeal and the left/right paradigm being so ambiguous nowadays that is a shading that can be easily dismissed by those who primarily are concerned for our loss of freedoms and privacies. In that regard Ron Paul is unique among major-party politicians, the others most all of whom kowtow and are cheerfully compliant to an increasingly authoritarian system.

Americans eagerly surrender their freedoms to their fear and loathing of straw-men bad-guys targeted to be their enemies. The media bombards us with images of humanity at its lowest depths so that Americans wince at the thought of others being allowed to live without a strictly enforced set of guidelines to govern their conduct. Essentially, Americans hate each other for their freedoms. Our governing leaders loathe and fear us having freedoms. Personal privacy is unbearable to them. Compliance is the only praiseworthy attribute any more. Individualism is intolerable. Paul is the lone defender and advocate of personal sovereignty in the major leagues of government and poltics.

The American public overwhelmingly demands an entity to watch over us, or the media is not portraying this correctly. Most are happy to be treated as children, they are made to feel grown-up when the can dress up as commandos and terrorize foreign populations seeking out those straw-man enemies.

Paul's appeal goes beyond party lines. He appeals to those who are above the glitz and glamour of the grown-up masquerade, to those emancipated souls. There are many of us of all walks and stripes.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
See I know the RP supporters see that both sides are corrupt thats why we support him.

Do the democrats see though... or the republicans... do you see how the media is working as a whole against him.

Do you see that if there was a real difference and a vote for paul would be a vote for obama that mainstream media would really be reporting on ron paul now.. now given he "has no chance"......

All I can hope for is that obama pulls the gloves off on mitt and makes him drop out.. but that wont happen because he has to play it cool and make stuff up as a distraction now because if they go to hard paul will be left in the spot light.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Not buying it. Disenfranchised liberal Obama voters are not going to vote for someone that wants to repeal the civil rights act, against gay marriage, against abortion, against corporate regulations and against public schools.

edit on 12-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Not buying it. Disenfranchised liberal Obama voters are not going to vote for someone that wants to repeal the civil rights act, against gay marriage, against abortion, against corporate regulations and against public schools.

edit on 12-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Lol what you say is BS... Paul has his beliefs on gay marriage, abortion.. ect.. He wants those to be states rights to choose.. which they should be and anyone with any kind of common sense should get that.. he wants the federal government out of corporate buisness because the fed shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose winners which it does and makes our economy in the state its in... same with schools the fed shouldnt be involved in that.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That's why Paul introduced a bill that would make abortion illegal on the federal level.....
www.govtrack.us...

he wants the federal government out of corporate buisness because the fed shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose winners which it does and makes our economy in the state its in.

That's why he lobbied for federal government backed loans to help the nuclear industry....right
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
No point in digging the hole any deeper when it isn't even clear we can ever dig out from where we are now anyway.

one of the best things ever said in the political forum here.

why isnt this the discussion at hand in america?

does anybody in this country realize we probably are beyond the point of no return?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I am a Ron Paul supporter, The original Tea Party person, but I will vote reluctantly for Mittens.

I guess I'm going to get a lot of media-learned anti-Tea Party responses, but the Tea Party people have been working the same way that the communist have in this country.

Vote local, work our priorities up from the state level.

My hope is that eventually (by next 2016 election) the new Republican representatives voted into office by the different Tea Party affiliates (Tea Parties are not uniformly, nor should they be, united) will be able to hold to their principles of smaller gov't and more liberty for the people.

I sure hope the old-hat GOP is listening to Ron Paul, because, if they do, they can have a lot more young people joining them. If they don't - possible third party?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I am a Ron Paul supporter, The original Tea Party person, but I will vote reluctantly for Mittens.

I guess I'm going to get a lot of media-learned anti-Tea Party responses, but the Tea Party people have been working the same way that the communist have in this country.

Vote local, work our priorities up from the state level.

My hope is that eventually (by next 2016 election) the new Republican representatives voted into office by the different Tea Party affiliates (Tea Parties are not uniformly, nor should they be, united) will be able to hold to their principles of smaller gov't and more liberty for the people.

I sure hope the old-hat GOP is listening to Ron Paul, because, if they do, they can have a lot more young people joining them. If they don't - possible third party?

Very well said but unfortunately I believe there is only the Establishment and I believe they use our "hope" to control us.

You "hope" next time will be better

Instead of acting to true moral ground you settle for "hope".. look at obamas last run.. "hope and change" It doesn't get any more up front than that.

Next time it will "change"

I 'hope"

Well I don't believe it anymore. I will not vote for mitt because I have MY OWN beliefs and not what they tell me to believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I don't have a lot of hope for America. There are too many stupid people. I hope to get rid of Obama this time around. and I hope that a Ron Paul will be able to be voted in at the 2016 election.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I've come to the belief that there won't be a 2016 election. With how much our rights have been trampled and the way the economy is going I fully believe there will be a rEVOLtion.

I don't think it will end well for the people.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
So with all the recorded evidence that the RNC broke rules and out right cheated even though they were going to win.. just to make the party look unified...

WHY AREN'T THE LEFT WING MEDIA BLOWING THE REPUBLICANS OUT OF THE WATER.

Oh its because that they are told not to talk about Ron Paul either. They cant allow his ideas to spread.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

I don't have a lot of hope for America. There are too many stupid people. I hope to get rid of Obama this time around. and I hope that a Ron Paul will be able to be voted in at the 2016 election.

i concur

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join