It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Texas cop body-slams 15-year-old girl during brawl arrests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Video: Texas cop body-slams 15-year-old girl during brawl arrests

www.digitaljournal.com

An Arlington, Texas police officer responding to a call about brawling teens at a dance hall was caught on video body-slamming a 15-year-old girl to the ground.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Okay so don't go freaking out, what i would like to know is, do you all think the officer used excessive force or was he pissed as he missed some re-run from a wwf match.

We should also note that the 15y/o girl has not filled a complaint so when can assume that this might be media hype to bump the ratings as its a slow ratings month for all or we might say that the officer clearly freaked out and had no other option..right ?

Well you all can view the video and judge for yourself.

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

She was running away from the cop, the cop grabs her by the upper parts of ther body and the legs just keep running making her fly into the air and land on her back, i see no body slam here, this is one of the few cases i have seen where it just may actually look worse than it actually is...

The cop probably had no idea she was only 15 either, and she probably did something to deserve getting grabbed at least, pending arrest/further investigation.

I think it is important to get the bad cops filtered out, but there are far worse transgressions than this, so lets not be too befuddled in something that may have a sensational title(15 year old girl) just for the sake of it, lest we might miss the real bad cases. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What we dont see is what happened prior to her getting body slammed...I was a rowdy teen girl back in the day and a cop once had to put a choke hold and lifted me off the ground by my neck...but I was really intoxicated and after sobering up the next day I didnt hold any anger towards the cop I was just more ashamed of myself

I totally needed a time out...who knows that cop may have been divine intervention...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Kinda a tough call.
The video doesn't show what happened in the seconds leading up to the take down.
While it appears excessive at first glance, there is always more to the story than just a video and news report that demonizes police. This may be hard for many on ATS to believe... Sometimes cops have to use force.
I'll reserve my judgement until the other side of the story comes out.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If I did this to my own children, how quick would CPS be at my house, removing my children, and having the Police arresting me?

Ponder on that.........

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Having worked as security at a night club for a short while I had to pull the exact same move once. The cop could have just been trying to get her into a choke hold and torqued a little too much with all the adrenalin going etc...

Bottom line is he didn't really know what he was doing. You never lift up like that unless you are trying to slam them down onto the ground. He could have also broken her neck by accident. Its easier than it looks.

He also had no idea what to do with her once he got her on the ground. How to properly restrain her etc... He should have continued rolling her onto her side so that she could be pinned properly. And what the hell was the other cop doing standing over her. Good way to get pulled to the ground with her. Idiot cops.
edit on 10-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
She must have done something to upset the peace officer.. just a bit.

It doesn't look like a body slam. It looks like he is trying to protect her noggin from hitting the ground after he realized she only weighs 110 pounds. We'll call it a "gravity slam".

Still, 'm sure he'd like a do-over on that one.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Indeed thats what i see, a girl who was running from the officer, he grabs her from the shoulders or top part of the shirt, she looses her balance while the officer was pulling her back. That resulted in an obvious imbalance in proportion to the bodies position and her center of gravity simply shifted giving off the effect that of a body slam. My view is that i simply cannot see the officer being accused of excessive force but given the situation he was called in, he actually is showing some control. Again we should take notice that we only have one video with one camera angle so we cant see how it actually looks from a side or rear or the events that led upto the officer chasing and forcing her to the ground.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Did you see the naked girl with no top and a thong bottom run off behind? How about the shirtless guys with their pants sagging down past their ass?

Excessive force? No. Just seeing the chaos of that crowd, the thuggish clothes, the naked girl, and the people running all around the scene, I'd say it was justified force. They were responding to a fight, apparently the fight involved ripping girls clothes off, and a large crowd of teenagers is a volatile situation.

Also, it doesn't appear he intentionally picks her up and slams her, it looks more like she is running away and he grabs her and yanks her back, and maybe she was off balance, maybe she was weaker than he expected, but it doesn't look like excessive force to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I watched it again. You might be right actually. The girl, and the LEO, might have been sweaty, his grip might have been weak, compounding on doing what he did. Many variables.

I think people need to factor in all of them.

That being said, I do know people, that had their children, taken away, for "excessive force". Even when the "proof", was muddy......... that 14- 17 age range, is a nightmare, when children think they know everything, and know the law can be used against their parents. Thats the sad thing.

edit on 10-8-2012 by sonnny1 because: SPL

link   

Judging by the replies so far we can safely brand this as

[echo on]

Media Hype

[echo off]

edit on 10-8-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

link   
Looks reasonable to me unless there are mitigating factors we aren't seeing.

I see cops in a big crowd of rowdy teens that could turn to a mob of violent teens by just a few idiots sparking the idea and crowd to more. That damn sure isn't a place to 'fight'. It'd just enrage the crowd more and more by the seconds.

I think he was creative and effective. He literally took her up a little, off her feet and let kinetic energy and gravity do the rest. He can even be seen tending to her head area as she goes down....looks real familiar. He could have let her go down head first....but didn't. I'd say he did what he could to get the job done while hurting people as little as possible. Of course, the crowd would have had Bacon on the platter if he;d done otherwise...so I don't know if it means he was a good cop or just one that didn't feel suicidal.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Good observations. She was stepping forward while he was pulling her backwards by the shoulder/neck (choke) and the other hand on her shoulder blades. Anytime the head, neck or spine is pulled back beyond 25 degrees it's locked. the whole body will follow like a whip where ever the head is taken after that point. So I think you bring up some good points. The cop was still a idiot though.
edit on 10-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Please. That was NOT a body slam, and she didn't even hit the ground excessively hard. Not to mention she probably deserved it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Haha.. Um, I dunno if she had her clothes ripped off brother. I've sadly witnessed a planned fight between girls where one girl took a lot of her clothes off before kicking another girls ass. Kinda like guys taking their shirts off before a fight I guess. The girl in the video was very clearly fighting the girl that got taken down, judging by the ghettoness of the crowd I'm willing to bet she did it for practicality and show.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

LOL! Could be. There were a LOT of very short skirts in the video, and the shirtless guy, so it would make sense that the girl might have been most of the way naked before the fight even started. They put the black censor box over her breasts and it was hard to see the front of her bottoms, but the back was definitely a thong. She probably had a skirt and a shirt at some point.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am all against the piloce using force unnecusary in this case the drunk bitch was getting force as
nesscesary.. drunk girls have no right using force to force as force. dumb bitch should of been compliant no
questions asks

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Some classy people all around by my guesstimation. .

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Some classy people all around by my guesstimation. .

Yep, its those high class gatherings that always attract the cops and make the headlines.

I used to run an "under 21" dance club. It was quite a spectacle!! Keeping 15 year old girls from molesting my 35 year old DJ, and seizing enough huffing supplies to stock a dollar general store, and taking away razor blades and knives at the door, and being left with a half dozen kids at 2 a.m. when everyone else was gone, but somebody's parents got drunk and forgot to come pick them up. Quite a spectacle. I don't recommend it as a career choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join