It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clash reported between Jordan & Syria in border area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Clash reported between Jordan & Syria in border area

news.yahoo.com

Fighting involving armored vehicles broke out late on Friday between Jordanian and Syrian troops at a border region that has been used as a passage for refugees fleeing Syria, said a Syrian opposition activist who witnessed the incident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rt.com

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Not much news on this as of yet [I'm still digging]. I wanted to get this story out and about.

I don't know much about their current relations, but I do know that they used to be part of the same territory. All I know is that the area is getting HOT. Too hot for comfort.

I'll update as the story unfolds.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-8-2012 by UnaChispa because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I remember things like this happening before. And everytime it does it goes on the news once and you'll never hear about it again.

Wouldn't worry too much about it. It will probably be resolved in a day or two.

America wouldn't like it too much either if Mexico was fleeing into our country because of getting picked on. Im sure everyone would be defending our country if that was the case.

edit on 10-8-2012 by TheCaucasianAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCaucasianAmerican

I don't think the US government would do anything about it (North American Union).They haven't done anything in the past, anyways.

Al Jazeera is talking about it in their blog now.

Linky

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

I say let them fight. Illegal immigration is still illegal even if you claim to be a "refugee". Once they get into other countries they will only leech of the blood of that country for free. They wont work they will only complain that no body came to help them sooner and expect a reward.

If you don't like your country fight to change it. That's the problem nowadays they expect everyone to save them creating their own disturbances in doing so.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCaucasianAmerican

If you don't like your country fight to change it. That's the problem nowadays they expect everyone to save them creating their own disturbances in doing so.

Who expects everyoene else to save them? The refugees? They wouldn't have to worry about fleeing if terrorists weren't turning Syra into a massacre.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hmm interesting and disturbing.

A Syrian opposition activist who witnessed the fighting said armoured vehicles were involved in the clash in the Tel Shihab-Turra area, about 50 miles north of the Jordanian capital Amman, that occurred after Syrian refugees tried to cross into Jordan. "The Syrian side fired across the border and fighting ensued. Initial reports indicate that there has been no one killed from the Jordanian side," said the Jordanian source, speaking on condition of anonymity, adding that no deaths were reported on the Jordanian side. Jordan's troops have fired near the border in the past to stop Syrians from shooting at fleeing refugees.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

If true fairplay to the Jordanian troops protecting the refugees I say, disgusting behavior from the Syrian troops.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Hmm interesting and disturbing.

A Syrian opposition activist who witnessed the fighting said armoured vehicles were involved in the clash in the Tel Shihab-Turra area, about 50 miles north of the Jordanian capital Amman, that occurred after Syrian refugees tried to cross into Jordan. "The Syrian side fired across the border and fighting ensued. Initial reports indicate that there has been no one killed from the Jordanian side," said the Jordanian source, speaking on condition of anonymity, adding that no deaths were reported on the Jordanian side. Jordan's troops have fired near the border in the past to stop Syrians from shooting at fleeing refugees.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

If true fairplay to the Jordanian troops protecting the refugees I say, disgusting behavior from the Syrian troops.

Its easy for an FSA backing activist to say that the people fleeing are civilians. For all we know, they could be fighters going to Jordan, re-arming, running likes cowards..

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Possibly. However, if they were running, it wouldn't be because they were cowards. It would be because they are conducting guerrilla warfare. Hit and run tactics are very effective. Look at Vietnam, Cuba, the French & Indian war, etc.

But that is definitely a possibility I didn't think about.
edit on 10-8-2012 by UnaChispa because: Typo

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What I don't get is why refugees don't fight back? If Syria is so bad do something about it. If you are able bodied you should be in the fight. If America was under attack what would you think of the people that annex themselves to canada? All it does is give the enemy the upper hand.

Fight like men. Don't run away.
If you die you died for a cause, not for being cowards.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Assuming the Assad regime are firing at them, I would think they were running for safe ground in jordan if it was the case. Remember western influence is along the border of Jordan/Syria so it is a possibility. Also with that, I'm pretty sure anyone reporting in those places would be no doubt Anti Assad to the bone. there have been so many reports from different people, its hard to understand anything that is going on over there.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

What I don't get is why refugees don't fight back? If Syria is so bad do something about it. If you are able bodied you should be in the fight. If America was under attack what would you think of the people that annex themselves to canada? All it does is give the enemy the upper hand.

Fight like men. Don't run away.
If you die you died for a cause, not for being cowards.

So you expect parents to sacrifice their children for the cause? Has it occured to you that maybe the refugees are trying to save their children, elderly and others if this is the case? Others simply would nt have the power to fight anyway. Again, maybe they are rebels re-arming etc and they are returning to Syria.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If I was Assad I would NOT be firing into neighboring countries as he has enough problems already.Also Jordan is about as moderate a Mideast country can be and an ally.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I did say able bodied didn't I?

This excludes women,elderly,disabled,and children.

But I guess as with other people you just skim parts of threads and posts that only appeal to you, right?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I remember things like this happening before. And everytime it does it goes on the news once and you'll never hear about it again.

Wouldn't worry too much about it. It will probably be resolved in a day or two.

America wouldn't like it too much either if Mexico was fleeing into our country because of getting picked on. Im sure everyone would be defending our country if that was the case.

Mexico is fleeing into our country because theyre getting picked on, by the drug cartels and their crappy government with attending crappier economy. I hear cases all the time where ranchers living on the Arizona and New Mexico borders are getting shot at by illegals coming into the U.S. through the desert via smugglers. Fed's don't seem to give a hoot either.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Im not talking about the smelly rats that weasel their way under the border. Im talking about a massive movement involving thousands standing at the boarders expecting we use our hard earned money for their own personal refuge.

I do not believe in that. PERIOD. You shouldn't either.

Most americans would look at them as a lost puppy in the rain. And strive to give them food, housing, and even jobs. Most of which will export that money directly back to Mexico. Money that will probably be used to pay the cartels to smuggle more of them across the border. Creating a leech effect that drains our economy making our country just a smige closer to becoming just like theirs.

If they have a green card, then heck congrats to you at least they respect for the country they immigrate to.

Syria has a rebellion on their hands because their citizens allowed it to escalate enough where they have been taken over. Fleeing will only give them more confidence in what they are doing.

One person cannot move a boulder, but as a community they can move the world...

new topics

top topics

join