It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of El Paso Hiring G4S Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Before I discuss the news I learned today, I'd like to introduce myself. I've been lurking ATS for months now so I am not new to the information I see here on a daily basis. Everything I think or want to discuss has already been posted before me so I never bothered signing up until today.

For those who have been reading the past few days, I learned that many hundreds of tanks were being carried on a train out in the open in California for everyone to see. Supposedly our government is going to send our military to the southern border (California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas) for an agenda I am not clear of. This information is only what I have learned from speculation, I am not stating that this is fact.

Anyways, I was on FB and ran into this news article stating :

City Council on Tuesday planned on reviewing a contract between EPPD and G4S Secure Solutions said to provide prisoner booking, transportation and watch services.

Source

I live in El Paso, where we have the biggest military base in the country; Fort Bliss. We have more than enough officers including soldiers. Ft. Bliss takes up 1/4 of the city because it is so damn huge. I do not see any reason why the city wants to hire G4S when we have the man power back home. If anything they should create more jobs instead of spending the tax money outside the city.

I might just be a little paranoid but I don't like the news of this one bit.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. I've had to remove your entire post as it goes against our policies.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read )

Terms & Conditions Of Use ( Please read )
edit on 8/10/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Shoot... got me again!

Heya! Welcome to ATS! I can't wait to see that fascinating topic on the forums. I have so much to add.

till then, always room for one more, so make yourself at home. A mod should be along soon to give the intro speech.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They may have tried that rout with the military base and tacitly found out that they themselves might not provide the most secure security. A lot of people currently serving in the US military could easily turn a blind eye to border crossings. They may have gone with G4S because they feel that there will be less issued regarding that.

Does seem like a really expensive option though. almost a waste of money.
edit on 10-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: Crappy spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 3l3v3n

Why are they using a British security company?

You may have heard about the G4S fiasco at the London Olympics:-

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
G4S have a very bad reputation here in the UK. This story is one to watch.
#

In April 1993 G4S (then branded Group 4) held a carefully stage managed press conference to resolve public relations problems after four prisoners were lost in the first seven days of their contract to transport prisoners about. Just after the press conference it was revealed a further two had been lost.[42] In 1993 Tony Blair described their performance as a comedy of errors during the first ten days of their contract to transport prisoners.[43] [44]

G4S

wELCOME TO ats!

edit on 10-8-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

join