It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little Hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In our world today...or maybe just the west... where it seems like its *All about me me me *

Where people forget there's no I in * team *

Where people turn an eye in the other direction when someone needs help...

This little girl has risen to be a hero for many....

www.nydailynews.com...

Maybe we can learn something from her...I know this, it's refreshing to see once you've woken up to what's going on these days....

God Bless her and all the other children poisoned by the system.

And then there is kids like this....tortured by people because she didn't look " normal " ( according to whose normal standards) there just to many to put the blame to right now...if we expect changes..it starts w/ teaching your kids diversity....beauty starts with- in....And turning off that T.V.

www.nydailynews.com...

edit on 10-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I think us grown ups need to start learning some things from our children! It amazes me how our children can bring out certain things that us grown ups have chosen to forget!

Bless her heart!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Children are a gift we often fail to appreciate sadly. They have a love of life and an understanding we could only wish for in times like that. It leaves me in awe every time I see it. We are busy and expect them to sit down, shut up, and stay out of the way instead of trying to learn what we can from them. They are teachers as well. We forget that. This little girl takes my breath away with her bravery, her giving, and her love of life. She is not bitter or angry. I can not even imagine.

Thanks for sharing this OP. S&F.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm a bit speechless, but I wanted to thank the OP for the thread. Life is truly a gift, and you really only live it when you are dieing.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

That second girl's story chaps me. I'm not angry at her, mind you, my heart goes out to her. I'm torqued at her parents and, especially the doctor. "you're being made fun of by insecure asshats because you don't look normal... Here, we can easily fix this by removing your uniqueness and making you look generically normal.". That's such a wonderfull message to send to a young person (not).

new topics

top topics

join