It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1955 link to 2012-13 for weather and influenza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
I know its not related to influenza, but North Texas has had a crazy West Nile season. We've already had over 300 confirmed cases primarily in four counties. Last I heard eleven people have died. The weather this summer has been much better than last, but its still be hot and dry.

I looked onto the Dallas official website and the actual number is 17 deaths. Don't know why the MSM is reporting only 11.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I read that article and while I don't want to call it 'fear-mongering' I feel it's a wee over the top. Just my personal feelings on the matter. I live in Northern Michigan and the weather here has been so odd. I swear it's been far hotter this summer than anything I recall. Interesting thing is, I never made the connection between weather and severity of disease, only that with the changing seasons it comes and goes, etc, etc.

Very interesting! I will keep my eyes peeled for any health news from this part of the country!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Actually I had heard 15 deaths earlier today on Fox News. I find it odd that this is happening in drier areas of the country (or so it seems, correct me if I am wrong) and instead of wetter areas/moister areas. The other day down the road from which the road I live on, the county crews were working on a low-laying area and draining the water-I assume it had to do with mosquito. dang things. I hate them.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundowner

The article I think you are talking about is just that, statistical data. Not sure which other one may be considered fear mongering. There are no certainties in either this years weather anomalies related to climate change nor the disease spread this winter. If the insects were any indication, best to err on the side of caution.

In this thread it is as I first stated something which has been foremost on my mind and still it is from what I am reading a couple weeks to early to get any real idea of what may come on both weather or disease's.

One thing for certain is that the push for vaccines that will do little against the newer strains than the big pharma will let on. Unfortunately many of the front line health care workers will be in a forced vaccination situation so somewhere around here I do have an older thread about how to combat some of the chemical and metal aftereffects in the vaccines.

Anyway, I do appreciate a heads up from your area as we move closer to the fall/winter. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

One good thing is that we have had some abnormal lows at night for the past week, so maybe if we are lucky many of them will begin to die off.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join