1955 link to 2012-13 for weather and influenza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
After seeing so many unusual weather patterns recently it made me think about the last known similar weather data and to my surprise it was not only a bad year for heat but turned out to become one of the highest recorded years for influenza and natural wind driven disasters as well.

When I began to look at the parallel it was to find out once and for all what to 'possibly' expect for this winter but what I discovered was far worse.

From one of the first links I checked it seems I am not the only one wondering what is in store for us if we can go by past history. I thought this was very interesting and something to take note of and decided to share with members from ATS.

People asked if I’d look up to see what the weather was like in the fall and winter of 1955-56: September (+0.9°) and October (+3.7°) were both warmer than average. It turned cold in November (-2.7°) and the lake-effect snow machine sprang to life. We had 18.5″ of snow in Grand Rapids and lakeshore areas had more than that. December was cool (-1.6°) but Grand Rapids only had 9.4″ of snow that month. January was almost exactly normal for temperatures, but we had only 5.3″ of snow. February was also almost exactly normal for temperature but with 22.9″ of snow. March was nearly 4 degrees colder than average with another 17.5″ of snow. It finally reached 50° on April 1, then 60° on April 2, then on April 3rd, 1956 the temperature climbed into the upper 70s just before the dinner hour…and just before a massive F5 tornado descended from an ominous sky and plowed through Ottawa and Kent Counties leaving 17 dead and 340 injured. The strongest wind anywhere on Earth in 1956 occurred on April 3, 1956 on Van Buren Street in Hudsonville, Michigan. That tornado, the only F5 tornado to occur anywhere in the world in 1956, came the April following that warm summer of ’55. It’s also interesting to note that we are going to be in a moderate La Nina – similar to the winter/spring of 1955-56 and we had a cold PDO in 1955-56. blogs.woodtv.com...

Now doing a little more reading online I found out that not only did we have a record breaking year weather wise but it also sounded like the same lead up to this year's influenza forecast.

Last year we barely saw any outbreaks and the effects were minimally reported yet the previous years were equal to what they experienced and reported in 53-54, remember what we went through with the bird-pig flu strains that practically brought fear to a peak worldwide and in 55 they were struck with Influenza A and B.

Since 1955 with all of the recombionics changing the various virus strains, a simple flu virus can and does kill from the side effects alone.

Take a look at this article to see what I mean:

Oxford Journals
Medicine
American Journal of Epidemiology
Volume 64, Issue 3
Pp. 289-303.

INFLUENZA IN BOSTON DURING THE WINTER OF 1955

aje.oxfordjournals.org...

To me not only are there connections to both this year and 1955, but a word of caution about the dangerous implications this could lead to.

edit on 10-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
excellent read and I appreciate your work on this thread.... I too have been wondering what happened to the flu for the last year??? I hope that this is not a sign of what is to come this winter... The side affects of the swine flu were horrid... I did suffer from this flu and I would not wish it on anyone... My head hurt so badly that I could not even sleep...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And it was not just the United States as you read in the above post, but check this one out! I know we have many members from Scotland and London that may want to take note of this article:

Operation 'Snowdrop' The cold winter of 1955 'Operation Snowdrop' was the name given to the military operation to deliver food and medical supplies to snowbound districts in Scotland exactly fifty years ago.

The RAF operated fixed-wing aircraft out of Kinloss primarily to drop animal fodder, and the Royal Navy flew helicopters from Wick to carry supplies to villages and farms cut off by drifts over 30 feet high.

The services flew nearly 300 sorties in all to provide relief to communities in Shetland, Orkney, Caithness, Sutherland, Ross and Cromarty, and Inverness-shire.

The winter of 1955 was the coldest and snowiest between the two Big Freezes of 1947 and 1963, but in many parts of the Scotland it was reckoned to be the worst of the lot. Severe weather lasted from January 4th-22nd, and returned from February 8th until March 11th.

The snow in northern Scotland arrived on a gale force northerly wind, and even when the snow stopped falling the wind continued to blow it into deep drifts thwarting all attempts to clear roads, most of which remained impassable until well into March. Level snow lay 60cm deep by February 23 over the northern half of Scotland, and was measured at 90cm deep at Drummuir Castle, southeast of Elgin.

The wintry weather extended to England and Wales for long periods too, especially during the second half of February with a dramatic snowstorm in Cornwall during the closing days of the month.

During the same winter one particular meteorological event scared the living daylights out of Londoners � literally. The date was January 16, 1955, and families all over the capital were sitting down to Sunday lunch. The Billy Cotton Band Show was on the wireless.

It had been a gloomy morning, but at 1.15pm light levels dropped abruptly to less than one-thousandth of that equivalent to a fine January day. In other words it had become completely dark in the middle of the day. It must have been a very spooky experience. Newspaper switchboards were inundated, thousands of 999 calls were made, and afterwards people said they thought �the world was coming to an endö or �they�ve dropped the bombö.

The cause of this extreme example of day darkness was not difficult to determine. The Clean Air Act was still a year in the future and London�s atmosphere remained heavily polluted. A gentle south-easterly airflow affected the Home Counties during the morning, carrying London�s smoke towards the Chiltern Hills where it lay trapped beneath a layer of warm air aloft. Then a strong north-westerly wind set in, sweeping the polluted air before it, rather like rolling up a carpet. By the time it crossed London again, the layer of smoke and pollution was 1000 metres deep, sufficient to cut out every last glimmer of daylight.

www.weatheronline.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by belindamck

My son also got it but was the only one in the family, what was weird to all of us was the fact that he has the strongest immune system of us all and has rarely been ill in his life.

What I discovered on ATS at that time by a member who is really sharp on these matters is that what he may have experienced was a cytokine storm, where the body literally uses the healthy immune system against itself. Well I am no expert but that is the short answer on the cytokine storm as I understand it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I will have to check into that... some other members of my family also got it but not as badly as I did... may not have even been the same since it did not affect them like it did me.... thanks for that info...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You bet, I will have to invite soficrow into this thread and see what she knows, she has always been way ahead on these things in the past. I wonder about the mutated viruses mixing like the article stated it did in 55, we have far worse things to worry about now than they did back then and millions billions more people.

Looks like she has not been on since June, so hopefully she will get the gut feeling to come on and finds my U2u to her.
edit on 10-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
one of the worst floods even in connecticut happened in 1955 too...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Oh wow, I have been thinking alot about flooding, it has been so dry the ground is cracking here in the food belt. What that equates to once the rains do come is flooding. You know with the Mississippi coming to a halt due to low water tables could mean that the dry river beds could easily overflow once the rains and snow melt off happens, especially if we see a repeat of 1955.

Five extensive and damaging floods have occurred in Mississippi during the past 35 years. Frontal storms caused record floods in 1955, 1973, 1974, 1979, and 1983; hurricanes also have caused flooding and extensive property damage along the coast.

md.water.usgs.gov...

1988 also saw the worse dry period on record since the fifties and the damages cost over 40 billion dollars and hundreds of lives were lost due to extreme heat.

The 1988 Drought One of the worst and most widespread droughts in recent decades was the one that parched much of the central United States in 1988. The dryness started as early as late Winter, and conditions deteriorated through the Spring. By early June, many locations from the Canadian border to Texas had received less than 50% of normal precipitation, with some areas getting less than 40%. For example, from March to May, Des Moines, Iowa, usually receives over 9 inches of rain; in 1988 they managed less than three inches - only 30% of average. The precipitation deficits worsened into June and July, and soaring summer temperatures added to the misery. A mere 0.22 inches of rain fell in Minneapolis, Minnesota, during June - that's just 5% of the over 4 inches that typically falls! Dozens of stations across the central part of the nation, particularly the Midwest, recorded record high temperatures. Temperatures in Valentine, Nebraska, and Sioux Falls, South Dakota, rocketed to 110°F, with readings topping the century mark in many other locations. The drought peaked in early July. In stark contrast to conditions just five years later, the Mississippi River flowed at a relative trickle. Barge traffic was halted as extensive sandbars formed in the usually filled riverbed. Forty-five percent of the nation was experiencing drought or severe drought conditions as defined by the Palmer Drought Severity Index. The meteorological conditions that led to the extensive precipitation deficits and heat were complex. A large, persistent upper-level ridge of high pressure over the central part of the United States contributed to the dryness. This "blocking" upper-air pattern was linked to ocean water temperature anomalies in the Pacific and Atlantic - but how these water temperatures changed is unclear. The 1988 drought was the worst in the Midwest since the "Dust Bowl" years in the mid-1930s. Damage and costs related to the drought amounted to $40 billion, and there were over 5,000 related fatalities, including heat stress-related.

www.weather.com...
edit on 10-8-2012 by antar because: link

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just realized, duh, this was placed in the global 'financial' meltdown forum. This actually makes sense because everything is interrelated.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I really wish I could talk about this with soficrow, she brought to my attention and focus the protein factor involved in many of the current and rising diseases such as Alzheimer's, dementia and a host of others plaguing life on earth at this time. Interestingly the page below was started in 1992 and laid relatively dead until last month when references were made to the topic and even added to. Is it possible that the proteins are being brought out of the ground due to the immense heat and dryness then being carried on the winds? Something is off here but read for yourself. Also were you aware that H1N1 was in England in 1955? At least the same markers for the protein induced human strain. The equine flu virus was rampant at that time as well, could they have been trying to cross the two to create something similar to the version of H1N1 we all know?

I urge you to read this page before it is no longer available...

www.uniprot.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Here is a GREAT link I looked up for you. Might print some of the information shared through the whole thread just in case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=520595

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is interesting information.
Good Find

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Somewhere someone said, there's nothing new under the sun.

Looks like what happens, happens in cycles. Like an Olympic Softball announcer said: "If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again."

I bet one day we'll see an Ice age again.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Ohmy. Just got a feeling I should check in... I haven't been monitoring but you're right, looks like we're in for epidemics along with weather stuff - the CDC just released a notice about H3N2v swine flu in the US (a huge spike to 158 cases in one week); Vietnam is battening the hatches big time against major H5N1 bird flu and foot-and-mouth disease outbreaks; and Britain is admitting prion diseases are double what they said in the past. Meanwhile, everyone everywhere is sweating about SuperBugs and looking for disinfectants that kill germs without killing patients. And - a new report confirms prions do bind to copper, showing that less copper delays disease onset. Seems we're in for a bit of a wild ride.

PS. Miss ya.

PPS. The 1918 flu epidemic is linked to weather conditions too - a bit more research might reveal similar conditions to 1955 and now (don't know - the studies I read just referred to humidity).

edit on 11/8/12 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You are always right on the money and I am sure you have been studying your fanny off, I was actually a little worried about you and your research as professionals in your line of interest have been dropping like flies in the past several years. We will not go there at this point because it is a deep well of lies and coverup, just stay safe and please bring some of your great threads back because I like many others thirst for your findings and thoughts in general.

I was wondering about the Spanish flu and the weather related to those years so glad you brought that to light.

Well, it is amazing that you had not checked in since June and then 2 days after I send you cyber vibes you check in.

PLEASE help put this together for all of us, there are so many political distractions right now but at least ATS can help people from missing the connections.

Did you see that there are 2 major storms going on at both poles? Snow in Africa? This is not unheard of but if history can teach us anything then couple that with the grand finally of the solar maximum and the controls being put into place for all the citizens of earth through the NWO, CDC, Military industrial complex, UN, and all the other seemingly coincidental's and you are right we are in for a bumpy ride.

The push for vaccines are going to skyrocket as the medical field and big pharma continue to become the next wave of tyrants.

talk soon and be sure to let me know if you get something up soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I wanted to link something I find alarming at best, it is a new flu vaccine that the makers claim people will be asking for!

It also states that it may not work on everyone but this sounds like the warning shot for fall vaccines to me.

Check this out:

Indication Fluzone Intradermal vaccine is an inactivated influenza virus vaccine indicated for active immunization of persons 18 through 64 years of age against influenza disease caused by influenza virus subtypes A and type B contained in the vaccine Safety Information Erythema, induration, swelling, and pruritus at the vaccination site occur more frequently with Fluzone Intradermal vaccine than with Fluzone vaccine. Other adverse reactions may occur. Fluzone Intradermal vaccine should not be administered to anyone with a severe allergic reaction (eg, anaphylaxis) to any vaccine component, including egg protein, or to a previous dose of any influenza vaccine. The decision to give Fluzone Intradermal vaccine should be based on the potential benefits and risks, especially if Guillain-Barré syndrome has occurred within 6 weeks of receipt of a prior influenza vaccine. Vaccination with Fluzone Intradermal vaccine may not protect all individuals.

www.vaccineshoppe.com...

The video is freaky imo, "You can barely see it, that's the point" The perfect delivery system for a chip too!

2 more disease's to watch out for (at least the scare to promote vaccines) is Yellow fever and typhoid. Typically these are found in southeast Asia but with the strange weather this year many of the plants that process poultry will begin to see a rise in salmonella related illness's. Both are contagious and can even be fatal.

Even the CDC has Emergency Preparedness and Response for Natural disasters and severe weather. They are related! From heatwaves to earthquakes the very real threat to human safety can not be denied.

emergency.cdc.gov...
www.cdc.gov...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I know its not related to influenza, but North Texas has had a crazy West Nile season. We've already had over 300 confirmed cases primarily in four counties. Last I heard eleven people have died. The weather this summer has been much better than last, but its still be hot and dry.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So I am standing outside in the 62 degree weather which only days ago were at an all time high well into the hundreds... Well actually we placed our outside thermometer on the porch 2 week ends ago and it rose above 125 degrees. That was in the sun but the shade was not too much different.

Ok so I am thinking that this thread is frustrating and just a bit lacking because really my questions about the winter weather took a back seat to the compilations for past events which lead me into a mini panic mode about disease and vaccine frenzy this fall/winter.

So back on track for a winter outlook I stumble onto this article which I think is pretty worrisome.

Winters of 2012, 2013, 2014 Could be Frigid

AccuWeather.com Long Range Expert Joe Bastardi believes there is a significant chance for particularly frigid winters in 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 into 2014-2015.

Bastardi said these winters could be similar to winters of the late 1970s.

He said, "While the most consistent of the cold is to the north, severe bouts of cold deep into Texas and Florida would be capable of affecting agriculture more so than we've seen in that last 20 years or so."

A combination of factors that parallel the precursors to historically cold winters is leading Bastardi to this forecast. He said, "We have a cold Pacific now. We had a La Nina, El Nino, then a stronger La Nina [similar to the cycle] that happened in the early to mid '70s that set up the winters of the late '70s."

Now mind you this forecast was given 2 years ago, but the patterns have seemed to pan out and be fairly accurate.

www.accuweather.com...

And another set of comments I found powerful:

I have always forecasted using solar magnetic parameters and the coinciding plasma-electric flow striations within the heliosphere, unfortunately since the Sun has been shutting down the magnetic parameters i relied on have vanished.

My forecasting accuracy has also vanished, ive been dealt a facefull of humble pie.

So although I would weight my early thoughts lightly, i predict something huge is on the way during 2013. A major climate change of some sort. i am still in the process of finding a way around my ‘magnetism problem’, but i am making good progress, well at least I hope so.

www.farmersalmanac.com...

This was interesting, kind of a positive outlook for those who love snow and cold...

www.youtube.com...

And do not forget this guy!

edit on 13-8-2012 by antar because: youtubeie linkie

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Lets keep ontop of it, this year could potentially be very very bad, as bad as the vaccines.

The Great Culling has begun: Will your genetic lineage survive?

Bill Gates famously explained his depopulation agenda through the use of vaccines with this quote, delivered to a live TED audience in 2010: The world today has 6.8 billion people... that's headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent.

(www.naturalnews.com...)

"Eliminate the weak" That this is the desire of the global controllers is no secret. It's not debated. This is what today's politicians, bureaucrats and even some misinformed activists of the "environmental" movement wish to achieve -- the reduction of world population to under one billion people.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

edit on 14-8-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by riddle6
I know its not related to influenza, but North Texas has had a crazy West Nile season. We've already had over 300 confirmed cases primarily in four counties. Last I heard eleven people have died. The weather this summer has been much better than last, but its still be hot and dry.

Yes, right now we are deciding whether to do arial spraying since ground spraying isn't working. That has some problems right there. We have had more rain this year and that is bringing out the mosquitos.

Since I live in North Texas in Dallas I listen to alot of news on West Nile. They are saying it isn't in just mosquitoes but birds, as well. Could this be something that can mix in with an H1N1 virus and make it mutate?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join