It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Would Beat Obama: Why Romney Must Be Replaced If the GOP Hopes to Win in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

If Ron Paul were selected by Romney as VP which is Highly doubtful than it would be very hard to swallow since Romney is so far away from being a fiscal conservative and anti war monger.

I think Obama picking Romney as a Veep would be a better match.
edit on 10-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Care to elaborate on those fiscal policies?

No need. Theyll never be enacted.

The quick overview:
Defaulting on debt, cutting funding to public schools, cutting foreign aid....and many, many more.

Defaulting on debt -- Not sure what you are referring to?

cutting funding to public schools -- If you have debt and your programs cost more than what is being taken in then what do you do? Especially , if the programs are not working very well despite the money given them already?

cutting foreign aid -- If you can't afford to pay for yourself should you be borrowing to pay for others?

....and many, many more

Im not going to get into this, as its not what the thread is about. All I will say is you can have whatever utopian view you like. Putting that view into action is a different story. And if his view are put into action, it will hasten the demise of this country.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
And if his view are put into action, it will hasten the demise of this country.

As oppose to the what Bush and Obama has done to this country. Or what Romney will do as they have the same policies.

Fair enough if you don't want to get into it, but I think the more accurate statement to make is "common sense" versus "utopian" when discussing Ron Pual policies.

Any how, IMO Had the GOP backed up Ron Paul from the beginning he would have had better chances to beat Obama over Romney. Romney has to fight uphill in order to differentiate himself on just about every issue with Obama.

I have said this before Romney will not get the Ron Paul voters where Ron Paul would get the Romney supporters since the are voting for any one besides Obama. That will most likely be enough to cause them the election again as it did when Obama beat McCain.

Basically the Republican party (base) consists of Ron Paul supporters and Republicans
Romney = republicans (anti Obama)
Ron Paul = republicans (anti Obama) + Ron Paul supporters.

Can the GOP afford to loose the Ron Paul supporters? We will find out.

Just don't blame RP for taking votes when Obama gets reelected. The blame will be with the GOP strategist dropping the ball for not covering the RP voters angle.
edit on 10-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I think the word "Bush", is an instant loss.

MHO

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Neither party wanted Paul in the race because if Mittens or Obama debated Paul It would be a complete smack down by Paul. Paul knows more than both clowns and their staff combined.
America would be more secure and financially stable with Pauls policys.
The republican party doesn't want the whitehouse this electon because , everything is going to fall apart in the next 4 years or less. Ron Paul would at least give america a fighting chance.
AHHH ! WE ARE ALL GOING TO PAY FOR THIS LAST MISTAKE !

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
what if romney chose ron paul as veep?

I've speculated before. I think it's more a possibility that Rand Paul will be on the ticket, but I still believe that Ron Paul would be somewhere on the shortlist. Romney needs to ensure a strong unified GOP, he doesn't need to worry about the tea partiers, but those Paul supporters are fanatical, and they may verywell take up to 10% of the GOP pie, Romney can't afford to lose a portion of the GOP's support, he just can't.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Paul accept a V.P. slot with mittens ? When pigs fly !

Ron Paul will not split the party, the GOP is doing that to itself .
Like Paul said, he has no plans to run third party.
If the party ignores Paul at the convention, its the party that will cause the split.
edit on 10-8-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

cutting foreign aid -- If you can't afford to pay for yourself should you be borrowing to pay for others?

Foreign aid is just used to buy "influence." The US makes these countries an offer they can't refuse then uses that to horn-in on their turf. It is not exactly a humanitarian gesture.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I honestly believe that both parties are nothing more than 2 heads of the same monster. The GOP doesn't want to win this election. Romney is meant to be the fall guy to a second term for Obama.

Listen, there are people in this country that will vote D or R just because that's what their parents would vote. There are people like Chris Rock that will only vote for Obama because he's black. The fact of the matter is, I have never once in both runs seen a Romney bumper sticker or yard sign. If the GOP honestly believes that Romney can beat Obama they're delusional.

The fact is, the only candidate that can beat Obama is Ron Paul. The OP is 100% correct. Ron Paul supporters are not going to vote Romney. At the very least they will vote Gary Johnson. But most will either write in Paul or not vote at all. Either way, Romney has no chance without this base. If Romney truly wanted to win this election he would choose Ron or Rand as his VP... but he won't.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Paul accept a V.P. slot with mittens ? When pigs fly !

Ron Paul will not split the party, the GOP is doing that to itself .
Like Paul said, he has no plans to run third party.
If the party ignores Paul at the convention, its the party that will cause the split.
edit on 10-8-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

Ron may not but Rand probably would. Regardless, it looks like Mitt has already chosen and it's not going to be a Paul. Romney will sign over the election to Obama tomorrow when he announces Ryan.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by bjax9er
what if romney chose ron paul as veep?

I've speculated before. I think it's more a possibility that Rand Paul will be on the ticket, but I still believe that Ron Paul would be somewhere on the shortlist. Romney needs to ensure a strong unified GOP, he doesn't need to worry about the tea partiers, but those Paul supporters are fanatical, and they may verywell take up to 10% of the GOP pie, Romney can't afford to lose a portion of the GOP's support, he just can't.

To be honest, I would say the Paul supporters make up a much larger portion than 10%. You have alot of young kids that voted Obama in 08' that are now on Paul's side. The GOP could win this election but it involves Paul somewhere. That is the honest to God reality of the situation. If Romney chooses Ryan in about 3 hours now, Obama will have a 2nd term.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Romeny dosen't have a chance and the GOP dosen't want him to have a chance he's just a puppet put in place to make it look like we have a chance I mean think about his criteria.

Mormon: crazy religiouse cult that believes in polygamy (just lost majority of christian vote)
super rich never worked real hard day of his live (just lost the working class vote)
super secretive, wont even show his tax return to us ( just lost the conspiracy theories group
)
romeny care how is he diffrent from Obama ???

Fox and all the other news channels just came out the other day and said it them selfs Obamas got him currently beat by a 9 point spread.

The only reason why paul dosen't and never had a chance is because of all the stuiped sheeple americans out there who wake up every morning and bow before the all mighty news media. Our countries a joke were not run by the government. Were run by a bunch of pretty faces on TV who tell us whats right and wrong and how we should think, and were training our children to grow up this way too. I remeber in the late 90's early 2000's all the propaganda spewed at me from nickalodean and all these other kids stations. there just brainwashing your children into trusting the media "we know everything, so you don't have to'. I work with one of these sheeple he's 21 years old and a Obama supporter (I support none of them) I asked him the why Obama? "I don't know" why do you believe in evolution? (not trying to be a basher just striking up philosophical debate) "I don't know" why socilized health care(again i'm not completely against it) "I don't know" and during these conversations I was rebuked by other employees who said " he's just a kid he dosen't need to know this stuff". I'm sorry i know i am rambling and ranting but I'm truly scared for our country I am a 25 year old father of 2 and i am in fear of the world i am bringing my children into. We need to change it SOON, Im not saying Ron Paul is the answer, but the new and all powerfull Dempublican party with its right hand man the US media Is truly and sincerely not our answer.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I too believe in what Ron Paul believes in and as a Texan, have known and supported the man for over 25 years but it is over and he is tired and it is over...over for the Ron Paul Campaign for President and regardless of whether Obama is re-elected or Romney is elected it is over for the Constitutional Republic once known as the United States of America as we knew and hoped for it. I am not allowed to use the "N" word but most all of us have been turned into "Ns" and since almost half of our country are rootless mongrels, godless boob-tube feeding at the public trough dregs, I for one am preparing to leave. I learned it is damn expensive trying to get out of this country but I am prepared to live with the one arm and a leg they have left me with and sail away with my family to live outside of what is now inevitably coming for this country, unless there really is some kind of global disaster just ahead that reshuffles the deck and leaves the survivors with a chance to live and build without too much from Government and frankly, most of you. It's okay whatever comes, I believe in Karma and if I burn with the rest it must mean I am deserving as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I think of most Dems and Reps, especially when it comes to presidents as pretty much the same thing, but certain aspects of Dems tend to benefit me personally more. As an example, I earn between 100-150k/year, so I obviously vote Dem based on my financial situation. I vote Dem because I believe gov't should not try to limit the freedoms of individuals, but should probably limit the freedoms of innternational corporations more, etc. Without going too deep into it, let's just say I usually vote Dem as the lesser of two evils, though I hate them too.

That said, I voted for Obama in this past election. I'll vote for him again if it's vs. Mitt, but if it's vs. Paul, I'll vote Paul, as will most of my friends and family, and many I've spoken with as well.

I'm sold on what you're saying. Now let's hope.,.for change

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
some other people on here get it.

i really like paul and wish him to be the next president.........but the GOP does not WANT him as he next president. obama would be much better for them than paul. they have no interest in making any kind of significant change like paul would bring.

the dems and the rep's are going to drive this plane all the way to the fiery crash site........i bet they beat the paramedics there.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamTyD

The GOPs current agenda would be better severed with Obama in office than with Paul. That's my opinion at least.

As already stated, this is why I don't think they will elect him. They will engage in outright fraud to prevent this from happening. I'm not saying I've lost hope, just looking at reality, I see it as unlikely to say the least.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I doubt Paul has a chance. This is not my preference and as a Canadian, my opinion is moot, which I fully realise but the following observation is not.

For the past 2 weeks in the news here, Romney is being referred to as the Republican Candidate (and variants of this) which leads me to believe that short of an uprising in the GOP ranks, Romney has already been crowned by the back-room boys. (or should that be.. the board-room boys). This pisses me off only because nothing is certain until after the nomination is official... or shouldn't be, at least.

Hopefully something happens that returns some semblance of sanity, dignity and respect to your election/nomination process down there. For what it's worth, I have always viewed Obama as a Democratic, 21st century Reagan in that he is kinda stoopid but quite charismatic in the eyes of many.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am currently voting against Romney, don't like the guy. I would vote for Ron Paul, he is the best choice!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

... True story

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

THe GOP does not want to win. It wans to continue the status QUO so they would much rather have obama win.

Obama is closer to what they believe than Paul.
edit on 11-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join