It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.3 EQ in AK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hello ATS. Just popped open my live earthquakes map and a 6.3 EQ just went off in Fox Islands, AK. I don't know if this is the startof what's to come with the latest predictions of worldwide doom and tsunamis, but it may just be a precursor. I guess we will see. Thoughts ATS?

Live Quakes Map

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

You're too late

See here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting how suddenly all these quakes start popping up again and it is not even 188 days from the last big one.

S&F
edit on 10-8-2012 by cayote because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
link Is showing 3 quakes in alaska fox islands

6.2 6.3 and 5.7 .....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cayote

the 188 day cycle is treated very harshly among skeptics so I choose to aknowledge it as little as possible until some hard scientific proof comes up that proves it true 100%. Other than that, 188 day cycle is just coincidence more than anything...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyanhide

what interests me even mmore than the 6.3 is the 4.4 that occured in the Yukon Territory. Odd place for an EQ and don't thing I've seen one of that magnitude since I began monitoring EQ's

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xZodiacx

Good catch, I check the site frequently.
I think there has been an even larger number of bigger eq`s over the past week or two. I have noticed an overall 10% to 20% increase as well as seeing more 5.0 and larger magnitudes. I don`t know if this is a precursor but we will have to wait and watch to see.

Weather conditions have been extreme at many areas around the world. Earthquakes are increasing in both volume and magnitude. Massive storms are encompassing both Polar regions and the rumors of large tsunamis. I don`t know what else we can add to the list but it`s happening.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hey guys, for those who don't have this one:

CSEM-EMSC European Quake Data

The reason I bring it up is that it's ability to search by dragging a rectangle on their map, anywhere in the world is a WHOLE lot quicker and easier than USGS's finding the lat/long for a coordinate box. It only goes back to 2004 but it shows everything. I'd just run the Yukon out of curiosity and the quakes there are rare..but they had a few 5+ since 04.

Hope that helps for those collecting stats and comparisons.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yes. I knew that it had been a rather odd location for a couple of 4+ EQ's to go off. There are a seemingly more and more oddly placed EQ's lately and for some reason it makes me nervous. Does anyone know if an EQ on the fault line out west could cause an EQ on New Madrid fault line? If so, could this empty the Great Lakes like Cayce predicted?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by xZodiacx
reply to post by cayote

the 188 day cycle is treated very harshly among skeptics so I choose to aknowledge it as little as possible until some hard scientific proof comes up that proves it true 100%. Other than that, 188 day cycle is just coincidence more than anything...

If you choose to follow the 188 day cycle, 188 doesn't come up again until September.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
6+ quakes are common out near the Fox Islands. However, it has been a while since it had a major(8+) release. The portion of the fault near me released back in 1964, but other sections are still building.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hi, did anyone notice three bouys have gone off in Alaska.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishone

Do you have a link we can visit?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zoetrope

Thanks, I saw that there were no tsunami warnings associated with this however.

No Tsunami Warning

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

yeah I have found that 6.3 EQ will rarely do much, as far as provoking tsunamis go even as a surface quake...let alone 30+ feet deep.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Thnaks, Im new around here so was unsure whether or not to post any links.

new topics

top topics

join