It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel like this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

Yeah, not saying stupidity doesn't exist. But I think most of the time it is just selfishness. No desire to learn about what's going on with other people or in another place because they're too focused on Facebook drama or gossip.

But glad to see we've got so many of us on here that feel the same way!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

The biggest reason I come to ATS and a few other "conspiracy" and "alternate" news sites is because everyone in my life is interested in sports, celebrities, movies, TV, video games, romance and everything trivial.

Very few people I deal with on a daily basis question this "reality" it's like they are all pod people.

I've always been the odd man out (Aquarius).

While good people, my husband, our family, our friends, neighbors and acquaintances, believe everything CNN and the newspapers report as true, our government looks out for our best interests and there is no such thing as a New World Order Agenda.

Bible Scholar and Professor Michael S. Heiser makes this intellectprovoking
statement, with his book Th e Facade (Superior Books,
2001):

“Most people don’t really want the truth. They’re just looking for answers that confi rm their prejudices.”

Or as Jesse Ventura would say,

You can't handle the truth

Most people don't really question what the heck is really going on because the red pill is a bitter pill to take. Once you swallow the sucker, there is no turning back and the rabbit hole goes on and on seemingly forever.

We're at war, but nobody wants to admit it.

Book sales, I am told, for serious books are down. Many people no longer read books on social politics, religion, philosophy or other serious topics.

Video games and all forms of "entertainment are at a all time high.

We're being dumbed down, distracted and divided on purpose.

We're now tagged, monitored and like cattle, being fattened up for the slaughter, spiritually and even possibly physically.

And, when the SHTF does come, most will scratch their heads wondering what hit them.

People will spend $25.00 or more on a meal and poop it out the next day, but balk at buying a really good book on say 9/11, JFK, Politics, or something deeper than the Kardashians.

And those that are awake and aware are few and far between. There is not enough of us to derail the train coming full steam down the track.

"We sleep and sleep deeply" - from the movie, "They Live".

Part 1

The Celtic Rebel presents an excellent interpretation of the Movie "They Live" (1988) by John Carpenter. It is an explanation of the symbolism of this movie and how it can "Open your Eyes" to the corruption that is being taken place right now in the world we live in

Part 2

Part 3

And I really like this video: "The Sad Truth To Why Most People May Not Wake Up!

This video says it all.

No description of video but I will say, it all fits together - how to keep people asleep: Poison their air, water, soil, food, spirituality, morals, keep them distracted, dumb them down, make the unimportant, important and don't give the populace the real hard data.

Make the real information so hard to get, they have to dig for it and most won't.

I turn on the news and hear that Paris Hilton didn't wear undies again or Lindsey Lohan is in rehab (again) or Kristen Stewart is shagging yet another person..............but nothing about the real news, what is really going on.

99% of TV is, to me, boring. Yes, occasionally it's fun to watch something that doesn't challenge your gray matter - but lately, either that or lies, lies and more lies (propaganda) is about the only thing on TV.

Many people that visit this site, feel deep down in their gut, somethings not quite right. They're not getting the full truth. There's something going on most are not privy to.

We're at war, have been since "the fall" but most people don't want to wake up, it's so much easier to remain asleep.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Reminds me of myself.

The people in my life scoff at the unknown, preferring to channel their fear into causing drama on facebook, doing drugs, or watching television until they pass out. All of the "Intelligent" people are only intelligent because they know how memorize useless information and not because they know how to think critically. It's all about efficiency. Where is the innovation and creativity?

I wish more people would take a break from their dreary and dismal realities and truly look at their world and embrace both its flaws and wonders. There is so much potential, but almost everyone is too distracted to notice it.

Maybe I'm a bit bizarre, but I've always found learning about the world and the universe to be fun. That kind of enthusiasm should be encouraged if any sort of progress is going to be made.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I know a couple of people who have actually said:
"If it doesn't pertain directly to my life I don't care about it" End of discussion.

My mother either blurts out "I don't care about that!"or "That's not true,I don't believe it"
and then refuses to discuss the subject any further. Period!

Years ago I dated a guy that ask why I liked to watch Jeopardy. After I told him I liked to see
how much I knew, it helped refresh my memory and that I learned so much from it.
He replied:
"I don't have to learn anything more I know all I need to know."
I dumped him

I takes all kinds or as a very wise man said :
"We're all ignorant, just on Different Subjects." - Will Rogers -

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
I know a couple of people who have actually said:
"If it doesn't pertain directly to my life I don't care about it" End of discussion.

My mother either blurts out "I don't care about that!"or "That's not true,I don't believe it"
and then refuses to discuss the subject any further. Period!

Years ago I dated a guy that ask why I liked to watch Jeopardy. After I told him I liked to see
how much I knew, it helped refresh my memory and that I learned so much from it.
He replied:
"I don't have to learn anything more I know all I need to know."
I dumped him

I takes all kinds or as a very wise man said :
"We're all ignorant, just on Different Subjects." - Will Rogers -

Yeah there's a lot of people like this around, I guess it's a defence mechanism of sort.

P.S Your avatar is hilarious! It's also kind of creepy, can you imagine waking up at night to that face watching you from the corner of your dark room....
edit on 17-8-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Thanks about the avatar.
I'm wondering if the dog has that look on it's face because of getting hit with that tennis ball

(I don't really know if that is a ball.)
I hope it's a ball

edit on 17-8-2012 by azureskys because: added more

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join